Sell Direct Marketing

Sell Direct Marketing Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Sales Representative20 reviews
South Africa20 reviews
3,0
Didn't work there long because I was under alot of stress but it was a good experience. My job experience and it was good. Target driven and fast paced to meet targets.
Pros
Good working hours.
Cons
Not alot of patience with newcomers.
1,0
when you step in there you'll immediately want to go home.
management is poor. team leaders and managers are all young and childish.

you get thrown under the bus for not making target.

a negative space to work in.

they just care about making sales and not your health.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Poor wages, Long hours, no support
1,0
Would not recommend to anyone. I hated working there. The management is bad. No Benefits. You worked OT but never got paid. No appreciation towards the sales agents.
Pros
Cons
Salary, No Benefits. BAD MANAGEMENT.
5,0
This is a company you can build itself up to.This is where you can see itself in a years or more driving wotever or having wotever you put your mind to.
Pros
If u on target
Cons
If target is mot met than you will work one saturday a month but not compalsary
5,0
It is good work place to work at. Pushes u to do ur out most best. I always looked forward in heading to work in the morning. The environment was always fun, hyped place to be in.
3,0
-A typical day at work was stressful, meeting your targets.
-There will always be negatives in your job but that should never make you become a negative person regarding your job especially.

-Build good relationships with management, colleagues and customers.

-Hardest part of the job was convincing customers.
1,0
Like working@sell direct its just very stressful , when you stress you can't even concentrate/ focus on.what you should do .
Tthe comm structure is also very unfair !!
3,0
Their culture is beyond amazing but the way that the management speaks to their employees its beyond disrespectful & they just don't care about your health at all they dont care
2,0
i just didnt not enjoy working with them hence i resigned in the second month of employment. There was limited growth and development yet a lot was expected from us in light of limited development.
1,0
Sell direct marketing had been thee worst company I have ever worked for. Although they give you free food twice a week, which could rather pay that money wasted into our salaries instead.
All managment within this business are slow, and can't keep anything private. Everyone knows everyone's business.

The team leaders give absolutely no support to their team, no motivation and go as far as pushkng the team under the bus to save themselves.... Team leaders are always smoking when they are needed to be helping their team. Or even standing on one side having a conversation with each other about NON RELATED work things .

At the end of the day all the help that could be provided by the team leader isn't there and then the rest of the team never makes there targets and has to stay after work to either work or to have a meeting.

Salary which states R4000 + uncapped commission( which is only 20% chance of it happening within the first year), so basically your salary is R3960pm...

Long hours with sometimes no 2nd tea breaks and having to stay after work for a 10 min (30 min)meeting even though the contract stated 2x 15min teas and 1x 30min and working hours. From 8am to 17.00pm.

I Advise everyone to take a deep look through their contracts and question everything you find strange. Management and team leaders are all young, too playful and don't take their job seriously.
5,0
If you looking to make easy money, this would be the place to be.
Uncapped Comission, regular incentives to keep you motivated, free lunch and who doesn't like fee food. Really appreciated by those who can't afford to buy. Really convenient hours so that I can get home early and spend time with my family. I would really recommend this company to anyone seeking stability and trying to find their feet.
2,0
The pressure is real on the floor of the call centre, rude customers but you have to remain calm and kind. The teamleaders are always putting pressure for target and sometimes they use foul language and no one really cares, I feel that the working environment is somewhat unprofessional
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No job security
1,0
not a good place to work at, very difficult to make sales, no help really, they help you when they're suppose to but not when you ask . there is growth but very little
Pros
free lunch on Tuesday and thursday, lots of goodie bags
Cons
only get lunch once on the floor which can be difficult to get to
1,0
They will not give you a contract. You will wait for months. They will use the excuse of having one HR person, never heard of mail merge apparently. They will not care about your children, or your health. What they want is sales. You make sales, they happy. You don't for one day, you sign incident reports. When I resigned they did not even acknowledge my resignation nor did they pay me for the days I worked. They could get away with it because I had no contract. Do not make the same mistake I did, do not work here.
Pros
Tuesday and Thursday free roll
Cons
No contract, bad management, gossip
3,0
in the beginning its super fun and productive once you go on the floor its super stressful even team leaders cut your lunchs and tea time short just to meet target sometimes you dont even get a tea or lunch . Team leaders are super fake and rude . They always looking for people to blame if they dont meet target . Alot of warnings are written out its ridiculous . If you can work at the company you can work anywhere you are expected to work like a robot . You get contracts first after that you 3 months contract you gotta beg to see your renewed contracted some people still sit there waiting for 8 months just to get a new contract
Pros
Free food and team mates
3,0
It is a good place to start out at.
It is important to not lose focus.

There are a lot of distractions

Should be able to really handle pressure.

Lot of pressure gets placed on you
Pros
Free lunches on tuesday and thursday
Cons
Get paid eom if you dont reach target
5,0
Sell Direct is a company that is professional and a fun place to work for. It's the best place to be if you are money hungry because once you receive commission you're just hungry to get more.
I would highly recommend this company to everyone that's looking for experience, exposure and growth. I've truly learned a lot from this company and I am thankful for this.
Pros
Free lunch, incentives, hours and uncapped comission
Cons
Strict Management
5,0
Its been great working for the company, I learnt a lot as it was my first job. I gained confidence as well as self growth. the working environment is fun !
Pros
Straight shift, Uncapped Commission
5,0
Sell Direct is one of the longest standing telesales companies. Earning potential is GREAT, and the hours are fair. Best part of working for this call center is that there are no weekend shifts or shifts after 6. The company fosters growth and development and take a keen interest in the well-being of their staff.
Pros
Free lunch, good working hours, generous commission structure
1. Pressure and fun is a day to day operation

2. I've learned that each and every client has their unique needs that needs be handles in different manners in order to reach the level of satisfaction.

3.The management is work, focus and target driven, kind and understanding and has lots of respect for employees.

4. The employees at the horizontal level I was working in have a unique and professional relationship with each other and clients.

5. The company has great benefits
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Normal hours( 8-10)