Sell Direct Marketing

Sell Direct Marketing Employee Reviews

South Africa51 reviews
3,0
I gained a lot of experience in the different departments - New sales- Rententions- Up sell. I am grateful for the management team as they gave me the vision of my potential and taught me skills that I still use today.
I appreciate the experience and opportunity that I was given and would recommend people to them especially ones with no experience.

Hardest part - outbound cold calling.

Culture - also made it exciting with incentives and prices for being top agents (awards).

Most enjoyable - meeting people and building good work relations. I loved winning the prices like phones , money etc..
5,0
Working at Sell Direct Marketing was amazing. I really enjoyed the friendliness and warm welcome that I received. I felt confident working there because everyone is always ready to lend a helping hand or advice.
Pros
Pool table, clean, professional.
Cons
Loud and Noisy
1,0
They will not give you a contract. You will wait for months. They will use the excuse of having one HR person, never heard of mail merge apparently. They will not care about your children, or your health. What they want is sales. You make sales, they happy. You don't for one day, you sign incident reports. When I resigned they did not even acknowledge my resignation nor did they pay me for the days I worked. They could get away with it because I had no contract. Do not make the same mistake I did, do not work here.
Pros
Tuesday and Thursday free roll
Cons
No contract, bad management, gossip
2,0
Exploited if target not met, cut on lunches and home time. Lunch is served two times in a week and you work from Monday to Friday. Some team leaders are not nice
5,0
A standard day at work is like a regular Friday, do what needs to be done and enjoy the rest of your day.
i have learnt maintain my work ethic, punctuality and keep pushing for improvement. Management instructions are clear and precious with regards to targets and deadlines to be met. work environment allows for vibrant, fun learning experience. what can be challenging is only your commitment and integrity, stick to your word and see it through. the most enjoyable part of leaving every day knowing you cant wait to get back to enjoy another day of success.
Pros
Great Incentives
3,0
in the beginning its super fun and productive once you go on the floor its super stressful even team leaders cut your lunchs and tea time short just to meet target sometimes you dont even get a tea or lunch . Team leaders are super fake and rude . They always looking for people to blame if they dont meet target . Alot of warnings are written out its ridiculous . If you can work at the company you can work anywhere you are expected to work like a robot . You get contracts first after that you 3 months contract you gotta beg to see your renewed contracted some people still sit there waiting for 8 months just to get a new contract
Pros
Free food and team mates
1,0
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for in my life, no work moral, get threatened by team leaders and call center manager everyday trying to instil fear into employees, I don't recommend anyone to ever work here. These are con man wearing suits calling themselves a corporate company, as far as I am concerned that place is a dump,taking advantage of people who are in need or straight out of high school
3,0
It is a good place to start out at.
It is important to not lose focus.

There are a lot of distractions

Should be able to really handle pressure.

Lot of pressure gets placed on you
Pros
Free lunches on tuesday and thursday
Cons
Get paid eom if you dont reach target
5,0
Sell Direct is a company that is professional and a fun place to work for. It's the best place to be if you are money hungry because once you receive commission you're just hungry to get more.
I would highly recommend this company to everyone that's looking for experience, exposure and growth. I've truly learned a lot from this company and I am thankful for this.
Pros
Free lunch, incentives, hours and uncapped comission
Cons
Strict Management
5,0
Its been great working for the company, I learnt a lot as it was my first job. I gained confidence as well as self growth. the working environment is fun !
Pros
Straight shift, Uncapped Commission
5,0
Sell Direct is one of the longest standing telesales companies. Earning potential is GREAT, and the hours are fair. Best part of working for this call center is that there are no weekend shifts or shifts after 6. The company fosters growth and development and take a keen interest in the well-being of their staff.
Pros
Free lunch, good working hours, generous commission structure
1,0
One of the worst companies I've worked for. No commision structure. When u ask about commission they keep saying they'll bring the structure. You don't even know if u reached target or exceeded because they keep it a secret so you can make money for them.

Poor remuneration. Staff is underpaid. If you didn't reach daily target you stay behind until late.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No weekends
3,0
Fast paced enviroment , target driven. Room to grow and work your way up. Some team leaders should however learn to work better with their teams rather than pointing fingers. Management can improve much more.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Stressful
4,0
It was fun to work at Sell direct marketing ,i learned a lot about sales ,how to approach customers,need analysis and close a deal ,do really miss people.
Pros
non
Cons
Office hours
1,0
No service delivery from management. Very bad company to work for. not even a contract after ( months solid service) I would not recommend this company to ayone
Pros
incentives are goo
Cons
Bad management
3,0
I learned the basics of logistics and activating handsets also how to interact with customers over the phone. the most enjoyable part of the job was working a straight shift and not working weekends and public holidays.
Pros
working hours
Cons
no benefits and it was a temporary position
5,0
- Start loading the bakkie early hours of the morning to get ready for
the days business.

- What I learned is to make independent decisions for the day and for

the business to be profitable.

- the most enjoyable part of this job is to push yourself where there is

no limits.
4,0
Since is was my first call center I have learned a lot about how to work in tht kind of environment ,the pressure is too much but as an individual u must learn to handle yo day.management is fine coz they guide you nd support you in everything, hardest part about call center is to reach your daily target nd u must challenge you job to make it in the industry
Pros
We do get free lunches
Cons
We only work office hours08:00 until 17:00
3,0
Sell direct was a family friendly atmosphere
They cater to their people and look out for you

Very much into development and helping you grow

I will recommend anyone to this business
Pros
going home target
1. Pressure and fun is a day to day operation

2. I've learned that each and every client has their unique needs that needs be handles in different manners in order to reach the level of satisfaction.

3.The management is work, focus and target driven, kind and understanding and has lots of respect for employees.

4. The employees at the horizontal level I was working in have a unique and professional relationship with each other and clients.

5. The company has great benefits
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Normal hours( 8-10)
4,0
Great place to start off at. Helps you learn how to interact with people and establish good work ethics. Chilled and vibrant environment however you are required to speak all day.
Pros
free breaks, great setting
Cons
long hours, low salary