Serco Group logo

Serco Group Employee Reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 3 856 reviews

Great working experience

This was my first job in my field after graduating and it allowed me to challenge myself in what I had studied. I had a great mentor and we were able to make some valuable contributions to the company.

Productive and stable work place

My time at the establishment however I found it helped me with me future endeavors and also help build my skill level as a good listener and speaker..

Productive and fun

Helping customers with the imports and exports of the various products sold online, assisting customers with opening of accounts, statements, refunds, exchanges orders, basically providing customer service online etc.

Productive and always had a lot of fun!

Serco was by far the best company I worked at. From the bosses to management to my colleagues, we were one big happy family. When I was diagnosed with a chronic condition, Serco went over and above the level of professionalism to support and accommodate me.

Pros

Free medical aid and monthlu bonuses

Cons

Shifts

Always looking to improve people and work place

Wonderful bunch of helpfully people. Always willing to invest and train new and old staff. the company is always looking for ways to improve the work place.

Pros

always looking for improvements

Cons

slow in development

promises

When serco was still in charge the staff was happy. Serco took care of the employees and when something was not right they made sure to send someone to SA to fix the issue. This is a company I would definitely work for again

Pros

salary and compensation

Cons

miss communication

Serco is a good company I worked for

Good work life balance and felt valued set of good values delivered appreciated and showed recognition when it is due. Stable and the ability to make changes was good. Client was eager for new ideas an interacted with a open door policy.

Fun and a healthy competition environment

Working shifts and making sure we Close the deal but not compromising the client, daily meetings where we motivated each other and helped on another with each and every obstacle, we worked as a team supporting each other.

Pros

Transport was provided, Medical aid and comission

Cons

shifts

Was a nice place to work.pick up some skills.

At serco enjoyed working.had good people working there.after a while the people become like family.everything there had to be done manually.was plenty of over time.

Pros

Free meals when we worked over time

Cons

Often worked long hours......overtime

fun workplace

Very good people to work around just not too many options or growth to choose from. Hardest part is of cause dealing with customers but it is something you need to love doing. Enjoyable part is working with good people.

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

late shifts

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Serco Group?

productive and enjoyable

Most enjoyable part of the job is team building experience. Workplace culture versatile. The hardest part of the job when it was my first time to receive an inbound call I was very nervous did not know what to expect as it was my first time working at an inbound call centre .Management was awesome. Our group work as a team was fun and International call centres you should be focus on closing the deals.

Pros

no free lunches

Cons

flexible hours

Facilities Manager

I loved being a part of the Serco team ., but became bored as the contract I managed was very small. State Street was a small investment management office with about 60 staff .

Pros

salary

Cons

i was overqualified for the position

The best work experience ever.

The day at work was something to look forward to. It was always fun, relaxed and exciting to come to work. I learned a lot that I cannot explain in a few words. Management was hands on, they took care of us very well, it felt more like a family than a job. My co workers were even better, I made so many friends. the hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers but we always had support. The most enjoyable part of the job was reward and recognition.

Pros

The work environment

Cons

The clientele we served.

it has been great working for serco

Working as a customer service team leader as taught me a lot about working with people and dealing with frustrated customer. it has strengthened my leadership and people skills. It has taught me the difference between empathy and sympathy. It has been a great experience for me

Pros

Working with people and dealing with different situations every dat

Cons

a lot of targets to meet

Productive and fun

very busy and lot of fun long hours of work friendly staff and growth long hours of work and busy environment staff parties and free lunches sometime dress up and dress down days competitions and benefits

Pros

free lunches

great work place

the environment was great i enjoyed working with the staff there. i gained an amazing experience at this company, it improved my work ethic and my social life experienced a great boost

Pros

fun

Cons

salary

Challenging environment

Managing my team and keeping up with the day to day, monitoring call queues, and the well being of my staff compliment. Doing call evaluations and attending meetings and disciplinary related issues.

Pros

Customer Service skill set

Cons

Shifted hours

hardwork and fun combined

A typical day at work would be assisting uk based clients with qeurys and managing your time around doing that.I have leanred amazing time skills and knowing that being on time and scheduling everything correctly can increase not only my salary but also my work profile.I have the most amazing co-workers. They are always willing to assist and make life at work a little more fun.The hardest part of this job is the shifts i work.i do not have much time for my personal life,friends or family.

Pros

free transport

Cons

Productive and fast paced environment

A Typical Day at Work\What have i learned\ management: 15 minute briefing(meeting every morning),Operating Guilotines, Rollers, bending machines, drilling machines, abrasive cut-off machines grinders(big and small air and electrical), Constructing jigs, Acy-oxy cutting, welding and heating, L.h tack welding(arc welding) Your Co-Workers: Young, physical fit and skilled The Hardest Part of the Job: Not meeting target with no material\late delivery of material Most Enjoyable part of the job: Working with people whom share a common goal and good communication skills.

Pros

Cons

Long Hours

productive and good intense work force

learned alot about online shoping,management are receptive caring and nice,co-workers are friendly and assisting,hardest part of the job was having to sign up for certification,beeing on hot sit with an fustrated customer,the most enjoyable part of the job,is i came,i saw and learned,and now i conqerd.certified with 2 awards.award of most improved candidate aswel as award of attendance and completion as a international financial advisor
  • Serco Group