SG Convenience
3,0 out of 5 stars.

SG Convenience Management reviews

Very fast pace office, you need to be on top of your game all the time. Employees are very competitive. Management was always fair to everyone and there a lot of room for growth.
Working as A Debrief_ for 5 months.... And management is very poor communication to Co workers and Operational DC Manager doesnt even Greet....... Conronavisus or what... NAA BOET
Zero management or leadership skills. Staff, especially sales reps are overworked, paying for your own Petrol is costly, no empathy if you or your child is sick, you have to be dead to call in sick. Taking leave is on there terms, all customers returns be it damaged or expired will come off your salary. If you are not on a buddy term with the fields manager then you are a target.
Liquor Division Cape Town, No clue of Liquor business. Lost market share , CBD area, Bad Service, logistics, arrogant drivers, argue with customers, customer complaints, out of stock for long periods, Lost plus minus 9 Reps in 8 months, incl a Sales Manager. Expensive, no deals, no Tools, Deals - wrong products, wrong Market segment...Autocratic Management Style..No Product or Market knowledge, Opposition - 4 to 5 Reps, 4 trucks for delivery, CBD alone from early morning...SG - 15 Reps one truck for CBD, leaves depot at 12noon, late deliveries, short or damaged stocks, late turn around times, customers migrating to other Suppliers..one KEY customer buying power 300k pm lost, plus many more, difficult to achieve monthly targets with 60 plus customers from a database of 250, balance of customers lost due to bad service ...Food Division...easy peasy, all nogotiations done by Principle Partner...Reps order takers ensure stock levels are correct...huge incentives...Liquor division no incentives...any Liquor,product samples given to Food Reps ....Boerewors roll during stocktake....
Pros
Huge Portfolio
Cons
Bad Service, out of stocks
The worst place to work in Cpt if you are not of the lighter complexion. no fuel or car allowance management is rude unfriendly you are a Sales Rep how do you budget for fuel out of your own salary. There are Convenience and Liquor Reps the latter are treated like the they don't belong there.I you like been treated like a school kid then. They are a level 3 BBEE contributer but the whole management team in Cape Town and Nationally is Of the lighter complexion Best part is the Fellow Employees which make working under draconian management easier. My advice if 12 people resigned in 4 months you decide
Pros
Staff Account
Cons
Not a good sales management team in Cape Town
A typical day at work is not bad unless when the car starts giving you problems, with the management we don’t have such. The culture keeps on changing, the job itself it’s not hard but the false promises and hopes of getting better resources to work are the ones that makes one demoralized. There’s no enjoyable part about this job except the relationship that one has build with the clients.
Always Busy. Gained pastel experience which is great Management is great Co-workers are good. Working under a lot of pressure and able to handle hard situations Dealing with customers everyday is the most enjoyable part
Pros
Free products
The day to day was sales and customer relations. Hardest part of the job was getting Head Office to work hand in hand with the reps but you can`t count on them. You are left in the field and expected to bend over backwards for customers without the deserved aknowledgment. Double standards where set where some of the top reps were selling private goods out the back of their cars and management knowingly turns a blind eye. Country reps and City reps are treated and remunerated the same even if the country reps drive 4000 kilos a month more than the city reps, I was a country rep and I believe I was treated unfairly. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning a new trade and also the freedom of the open road.
Sometimes hectic and with challenges which I love. But some days not. Here and there I will learn something new, not always. Management... is okay. I like my co-workers, they uplift me in down days. Not really a hardest part, I like what I do.
Pros
pension fund and uif
Cons
no medical aid