Shaw Academy

Shaw Academy Pay & Benefits reviews: Call Center Representative

Ratings by categoryClear
Found 1 review matching the search
The commission that was promised in my time there was not ever paid out. Management use intimidation tactics, mass-firings 2 weeks before Christmas. Absolutely no feeling of security in the job after that, and several people a week would quit. As commission was rarely paid out, and you often worked a lot later than you were being paid for, this means that the wage falls below the statutory minimum €9.50 or so an hour. However, most of the employees there were some of the most incredible people I've ever met, and they really made my time there worth it.
Pros
The people who work there
Cons
9-6 hour work day but usually a lot more, unpaid lunch break and overtime, manipulative HR manager
Official response from Shaw Academy
6 August 2018
Thanks for the reviewI'd love to address some of you points and I'd encourage you to contact me, the Chief People Officer) to discuss more.It is a shame to read this review, because we have a huge number of very happy people who are paid their commission regularly. .If we think about it logically, it is not in our best interest to promise commission and not pay it.Instead if our team member achieves what we ask them to, then we pay commission and we hope they achieve this again.It is Win WinHowever, if someone doesn't achieve their targets, I fail to see how they can expect commission. even if they chose to work longer hours.