Shaw Industries
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

3,6Work-Life Balance

Showing all 1 637 reviews

Easy to build skills but lack of diversity

Shaw is very supportive of moving around with the company to different corporate functions, even if you don't necessarily have experience. This makes it very easy to build a wide skill set. Most of the employees are very friendly and supportive, however there is an extreme lack of diversity in many different ways. Many of the employees have been there for decades which can hinder progress or anything outside the "way it's always been done"

Fun place to work

Great people and great oppurtunity. If your looking to get in the textile industry this is a great place. Very inclusive and a lot of oppurtunities. If you don't like your current role then they allow you to switch

Very stable company. I had a great experience working at Shaw.

As with most large companies, senior leadership will sometimes champion new initiatives that have little to do with, and no benefit for, the operational employee or the operation. When the operation is being challenged due to business conditions, staffing issues, etc., you don't want to be diverting valuable resources and effort towards pet projects of senior management. That being said, it's a great company to work for, very stable, and with a driven safety culture. Promotion opportunities are diverse, especially if employees are taking the time and putting for the effort to improve themselves professionally. I never had a boss I didn't like or get along with and my peers were great people.

Pros

Stability, manageable stress level

Work place

Shaw is one of the best company to work for. The company is good from management to the driver. Brand new truck and the work to family lifetime balance.

Great teams and great company

The managers and supervisors were great to work with. They truly care about you and want you to succeed. They provided every opportunity to go to different trainings and be a part of projects that would help build you into a better professional.

Pros

Compensation, Training Opportunities, Caring Work Environment

Cons

What is the best part of working at the company?the people What is the most stressful part about working at the company?the unplanned days off

Wish this was my first job

Best job I have ever had,great overtime and good management couldn't ask for a better job.I would recommend this company to anyone,and as far as pay it pays well with your effort on how much you wanna make

Productive workplace

Good company to work for. Job security with opportunities to move up if you have the desire to do so. Great benefits and fair pay. Overall a good place.

Not a good place to work

The pay is good , but you can’t go outside or step out for a bathroom break, have to work around a lot of dangerous machinery for 12 hours , they are supposed to train you but my trainers were unprofessional, I didn’t feel comfortable working on the machines by myself just yet bc I was new , I told my supervisor I needed more time to learn the ropes but they just ignored me , they don’t care about safety as they would have you believe or they would have got a real trainer to actually train me on these machines , their advice was “ don’t be scared of the machines “ and that’s it . You can’t move up or move positions or change shifts or departments without putting a “bid” in , and even then you’ll stay where your at for possibly 2 years before you get to where you wanna be .

Good pay horrible environmental

Pay is decent. Typical warehouse job. Favoritism gossip and backstabbing. Just do your job and go home. It's not that much room for advancement. I just did my job and went home

Good Company/ Bad employee culture

Drama, Drama and more drama. Sprinkled with non stop gossip and rumors and employees running a muck on 2nd shift at Plant 13. Management is fair and the actual company is good. But they need to let go of all the dead weight of lazy, never come to work type employees and start over fresh. That is all.

Pros

plenty of opportunities for advancement

Cons

short breaks

I've been at Shaw for 1.5yrs as a 'local' tractor-trailer driver (my route is NYC/Long Island and i come home every nite). For me, it took a few months to understand the culture at my plant. Shaw is not a one dimensional company, there are many moving parts to delivery alone. From the moment a customer orders onto Shaw's customer service reps, then to transpo dispatch, to warehouse/loading to final delivery (drivers) - these various depts work hand in hand. On occasion mistakes are made, and other times a day on the road will run as smooth as silk. As a driver running into issues (when they happen, which takes place at just about every large company on the planet) on the road allows for quick thinking & at times out-of-the-box scenarios where the customer receives their product at the end of the day. When this occures, 95% of the time, mng'ment has your back and is quick to give acknowledgement for your 'above & beyond' work ethic. I find my job challenging & rewarding. The pay is very respectable, while the ave day to day workload is fair. There's plenty of overtime available (and for drivers reading this, let's face it - overtime is how we all make the money we need to support our families & keep a roof over their heads). Shaw is very safety orientated with quarterly ProTread homework (paid) for every driver they employ. There are OTR positions available too (solo & teams) which also pay well. Uniform AND boot allowance is yearly & bi-yearly. Shaw offers HSA, 401K, and all drivers are paid the same. Seniority only carries for bidding a route. Lastly Shaw offers an industry -

Pros

Culture, Pay, Job

Cons

Miscommunication on occasion

Productive job. 12 hour rotating shift. Pay good for South Carolina. I didn’t have any issues with management. They worked with you on schedule changes if needed.

It was okay, the people were friendly. The workers were okay as well. Some will annoy you, but only if you let them.But most of the supervisors were pretty outstanding people….

Pros

Pay weekly

Cons

You have to work on your seven day to see money

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing Poor training programWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Little to no training on any jobWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Upper management doesn’t listen to knowledgeable employees What is a typical day like for you at the company?Circus every day

What is the best part of working at the company?They are really great people in there to work with and I have learned a lot working with them great people What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Long nights that’s it What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great they all get along with one another there What is a typical day like for you at the company?I never had a bad day there

Long shifts but set schedule

12 hour shifts can be rough, but I appreciate the set schedule for the whole year. The safety lady is nice and always helped me whenever I needed anything. She didn't act all high and mighty like some of them other managers.

What is the best part of working at the company?Working for Debra on B-shift but wonderful friendly and family oriented environment. Beware of the 401k plan because they refuses to allow you to take a small portion of your 401k out. That is the reason half the people quit their job. Hardships for everyone is different but equally important and no one has the right to refuse you your money. After all it is our money. Plant 67 is a great place to work though What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not being able to request money out of your 401k What is the work environment and culture like at the company?For the most part it a pretty good work environment What is a typical day like for you at the company?Just like any other job I guess

Decent place to work

Decent place to work. Not much room for moving up once you hit level 3 that’s about it unless a level 4 position opens up which all depends on current level 4 associates leaving those positions. Getting your next level can be a bit frustrating depending on your supervisor/team manager and your time with the company. Also there is a good chance you’ll be doing level 2 things but still be getting paid level 1 pay. Same applies to level 3 but getting paid level 2 pay. Most of the coworkers i encountered were great people.

Could be improved

Depends on what job you work, could be very boring or over worked. Overall a great place to work, with some time off in between, though you might feel too tired to do anything later because of 12 hour swing shifts.

Pros

A week off every month

Cons

Short breaks, could have a little better pay

Good place to work but very strict

Plant wm is a really good place to work but there isn't no 3 strikes your out rule you get 1 warning that comes with a write up and a final mess up again you are terminated if they want people thru wouldn't fire so easily to me you are just a number to the higher ups in the front office. Amazing supervisors there though. But if I ever get a chance to go back I would for the pay and the environment and just do things differently this time and not break rules

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Easy to get fired, higher up management in front office and higher than that sucks, your just another number to them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 637 reviews