Here to help: Coronavirus update

Shell Employee Reviews

South Africa296 reviews
Relief depot manager
5,0
Great company to work for.
At Shell there is a culture of continuous improvement. You quickly add on new skills. Intensive trainings are provided every time there is a need to empower employees.
Pros
Free to speak your mind.
Cons
The structure changes all the time causing retrenchments.
5,0
Excellent team ,great management , good customers and very understanding team always on time not to worry looking after them as supervisor it was grea
Checking oil,water,tires, receiving fuel truck following all huzadeous rules she'll also took me fr the facitator coarse I'm always on time good with customers willing to learn and grow with company a team player well presented and outspoken to
Keep the team motivated
I had a good time
An excellent working environment indeed. I had a pleasure of being flexible in role of responsibility hence it was more lively and interesting to work at Shell SA.Shell is a good company. A normal day at work can hold a lot of new adventures in, with this I have learned how to deal with difficult situations and customers. The management at Shell is excellent and makes that the culture at the company improves day by day and gives all the employees a good environment to work in. There comes times at Shell were you have to put in your level best during rush hour but it's great fun at the same time.
5,0
based on productive we are working product is going we make sure that our costumers are happy through our service
as a worker we learn how to treat a costumer and make sure that our costumers they happy because we make sure that we treat them as quest and if i have a problem i make sure that my problems stay at home
Productive company
Punctuality is important,dress code is very strick ,being tidy is their goal and also providing the best experience u could hv along the free way .the busiest days are the worst if you can't multitask or if you can't adapt ..
4,0
good
The work was tiring and the money was not enough. Any work related mistakes made by employee were deducted from their salaries which was already small.
4,0
Great company culture, good team dynamics
Great global firm with fantastic technology, systems and teams. good pay, smart individuals and great work culture make it a great experience. Company takes care of its people.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Shell?
Its a good company
The job teaches you how to deal with customers n how to react n control urself its also a great big company that nationally recognized n proudly to work under shell shadow
Fast paced
Great benefits and good overall working culture. However, limited opportunities to progress and be promoted. The workplace culture is generally good. It is a good place to start your career.
5,0
when u work for shell you need to be assertive at all times,nd need to make sure whatever u do its a win win solution for customers to come back
I enjoyed working @ shell,experience I ve got there make me so humble,for an example my starting time was 6am but I was always there by 5:30 knowing that people need some bread milk nd petrol some,electricity bf they go to work
Nast friendly work place
It was a nast working place. i did injoy everthing from custermos to owners and i did learn alote In retail,more family work place and very helpfull .
Pros
Cons
3,0
Shell it's just good company
Working at Shell company isn't a hard thing,you just have to be calm and know how to speak to customers. Do your work properly and respect others.Work as a team.
Inclusive and fun
Check- ins assist to set tone for the day gave a sense of CARE. Listen, Ask questions and agree on way forward. Clear deliverables and targets. Managing stakeholders expectations with minimal resources. Reward performance and encouraging continoues improvement.
Poor managent
Working at shell was the most exciting moment of my life . The only problem was management. They hv poor managing skills.Cashiers wre treated very bed
5,0
It was a good environment , I learnt a lot there being a cashier. I've learnt to work as team, share ideas . we worked day and night shifts. The management towards us were supporting and understanding. Also learnt that the customer is always right.
5,0
Shell is a good company to work for,as I learn to deal different types of customers,the only time that give more challenging is December holidays.
Working at shell is great,the only problem is that there is no growth, you end up getting bored with what you're doing. If you are a multitask person it not good to work at shell.
4,0
Just a pity we got retrenched
Due to retrenchment our company closed in Cape Town.

It was really unfortunate as the company and culture was awesome.

Retrenchment was the main course of the closure.
Productive and fun workplace
Shell was fun workplace the only issue was the salary wasn't enough for me to take care of myself and my family. Otherwise working at shell was great experience for me, and the people i worked with were create to interact with. I don't mind if i can get another opportunity at a different shell.
4,0
Shell is a very good company with great service
2,0
fast paste environment
very challenging working environment.working long hours.we used to promote a product each and everyday when your selling.getting incentive everymonth if you the target.