Shimmy Beach Club

Shimmy Beach Club Employee Reviews

South Africa13 reviews
4,0
This is a fantastic place for exposure to the stars , the hours are long and difficult yet worth it . My wife fell pregnant hence 16 hours a day shifts would not work any longer .
Pros
Meals and drinks are perks
Cons
Very long hard hours
3,0
I worked there for 3 years. In beginning it was fun and the management was great with the stuff and very professional. Now they changed floor management and they don't act professionally. They treat stuff in a bad way.

There is no room to grow there. They won't allow you to grow in company
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Unprofessional management. No job security.
5,0
A very fun and productive workplace where everyone is given the chance to express and grow themselves. A typical day is comprised of fun and laughter. Shimmy is the place to be.
Pros
Good salary
Amazing experience !
Hard work

Peolpe skills are crusial

Tips work out to be very worth the time.

Peolpe working there are amazing as they are mostly Zimbabwean
Pros
Tips
Cons
Hourly wage
5,0
It was my first job so I learnt a lot from that company. I got learn how to work with different people. How to be productive and gained experience on how to engage with customers and clients
Pros
Tips and free food
Cons
Long and enjoyable working hours
4,0
Large and unique venue. Hosted many local and international events.
A typical day could entail anything. Preparation was key.

Some of management was lack lustre but served their purpose.

Keeping staff motivated and following up on issues that arose was the hardest part.

The most enjoyable part was everything came together on a massive event with thousands of guests.

Met some very high profile clientele and a few eccentrics as well.

Overall, it was a lot of fun.
Pros
One of a kind venue where anything could happen.
Cons
Anything could happen. Very long working hours.
4,0
I worked as a waitress for Shimmy Beach Club, every day was an exciting new day, meeting all kinds of people and enjoying the culture of the restaurant's food, social environment, and live music.

I learned how to be a professional as it was highly required for an upmarket restaurant like Shimmy Beach Club, I learned how to be consistent, on time and friendly with customers providing great services.

There were all kinds of culture vibes and gatherings, always something new to look forward to and be a part of. I appreciated the professional setup, uniform and spectacular menu's provided for great entertainment. I had the pleasure to meet a few celebrities.

The hardest part of the job was the overflow but I always managed to keep it under control and pushed myself to think ahead and avoid any problematic issues so I could provide great services and be remembered.

The part I enjoyed most was meeting wonderful people, experiencing the enjoyment of live music and shows and I very much enjoyed the money I made due to hard work.
Pros
Free food
Cons
seasonal
5,0
Very flexible, productive and fun workplace,very good employee-employer relations. Working on New Year"s eve is the most fascinating part of the job, its very magical but really comes together with tough work.
3,0
it was a great experience, i learn a lot from them specially about how to respect people and work but the only problem was the time of work , not time for my family .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very long hours
5,0
Shimmy is the best place to work as a bartender in Cape Town,generally good management,and well organized place especially on their event.it a well marketed place
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Shimmy Beach Club?
4,0
After being in the hospitality environment, I can qualify Shimmy Beach Club as a place I learn to save and work with more than 100 people at the same time. I've learn to communicate and to handle different people, even tho the hardest days are on the busy summer nights, fun is always at the rendezvous.
Learn about different culture, being customers related has open opportunity to meet new people.

Hospitality is one of the environment where management is hard to handle but having a knowledge in the management sector has helped me to endure the pressure.

I can be only thankful to this place.
Cons
Salary
3,0
it is an upmarket beach club situated in Capetown.We work 8hrs a shift, i have gained experience in the industry.Management was superb and the co-workers had team spirit.
Pros
money per hour
4,0
A lovely venue, with great team members.

A constant change in Management.

Relaxed environment.

I learnt how to communicate with many different types of people.