Shoprite Checkers (Pty) Ltd
3,4 out of 5 stars.

Shoprite Checkers (Pty) Ltd Employee Reviews

I had the very difficult 2 years hoping to be absorbed and become permanent, but at the end it wasn’t meant for me . Contract renewals after renewals . It’s gets tiring if you don’t get appreciated for the work you bring to the table
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
You need to be carefulDo your bestMake a good impressionBe fast Learn new thingsBe passionateBe humbleBe yourselfBe friendlyBe a go getterBe smart
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Much work less hours
1 needs to be friendly and happy around customers. Take good care of them at all times. And be careful and focused on duty, a lot can go wrong in a minute.
Pros
No such.
Cons
I wouldn't recommend people to work at Shoprite because it's not an easy place to work . They can fire you any time when it's suit them it doesn't matter whether you've been doing good for them they don't care you work overtime but you won't get paid for it
Cons
Long hours for free
It's easy to work at Shoprite and you learn a lot by working at. It's a easy environment that you might like to work at and I will recommend anyone to apply to this company.
Productive and challenging workplace. No two days have the same challenges. Dynamic and innovative services and products are offered or improved daily.
Pros
Always challenging
Cons
It was a very good job but with less salary, i treated my job as my business and used my innovative strategies to make more profits for my branch. I really enjoyed growing within the company as I started as a till packer to a sales manager
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Less salary
You gain lots of skills while working there because you are expected to go extra mile. You work alone four roles for four people in other companies, and it's risky because you will be counting money, answering calls, capturing and banking money, answering to customers complaints, making sure massages are delivered to the right people at a right time and it's so stressful) you can end up making mistakes.
Pros
It's a good starting point of life
Cons
Once you're in you will never stop complaining because of work overload
Shoprite Cherkers is a stepping stone to the great future managers. If you work hard and diligently regardless of minimum wage package disadvantage you will gain perseverance, self-motivation, handling pressure experience. Shoprite is the producer of Management to other retailers in South Africans job market. Most managers of other stores started there.
Pros
You don't have to have a working experience to work there.
Cons
Minimum wage, no benefits
To work at Shoprite Warehouse is to get experience only. Their rat is not fair to workers anymore, how can forklift operator rate R18.18 per hour. That campany dont care for their workers anymore.
Cons
I won't mind going back to for shoprite if they give me another opportunity. I had great success there while working and learned about people skills there
Support of top management is very professional good for employees. Fair chance given to the employees to showcase their capability. Excellent on helping their employees to grow.
It was good to work they .... Working in hours and being fast to serve customers .and always be smile and good customer service working in team it was perfect
I wish shoprite would give all their stuff bonuses because at shoprite all department are working the same. So please treat them when it comes to bonuses because some other department left behind but they are the ones who is making money for the company.
I've earned lot of experience when it comes to retail as a whole, from cleaner to security cashier to controller and management, almost all the department
It was great working for shoprite at the deli.im now a chef at a hotel.they help me a lot.and ive learn a lot through them it will also help the people
At first it was very challenging because I was not used in dealing with people all day, sometimes we find them very rude depending on the attitude of the person but as a cashier you always have to be calm and be a problem solver at all times, since we grew up in a society where a customer is always right .I have gained plenty of experience now I can say that I am capably of handling too much cash, dealing with customers.
Pros
Fair tea and lunch breaks, whether you are permanent or a part-timer
Cons
Long hours but only in festive season
Working with customers and getting to face them everyday is not easy but at the same time you get have good experience needed in your life life based on knowing their rights, how to treat them and how to handle them and the pressure.
I will be happy if I might have the opportunity to work I think the experience that I got from the previous years it will be my advantage now as am mature enough now
Convinient working hours, good teamworking and supportive general staff including management staff. Timeously given opportunities to grow in the industry.
The regional manager he was so friendly and some of the head office staff . the wors part I experience my manager at the store she didn't like me since day one because I was a black person she likes the Indians . and she was racist .