Shoprite Checkers (Pty) Ltd

Shoprite Checkers (Pty) Ltd Employee Reviews

South Africa630 reviews

3,1Work-Life Balance

Just normal working place

I do love working for the company but I feel like I have been in one place for much to long, I thought I will be something better right now I never thought I would be a cashier for the rest of my life

Pros

Cons

We work long hours with less wages

I love working at ShopRite because they know how to treat they workers.working there was there best experience in my life..I would even go back to any ShopRite around state if they want to give me opportunity again.

Productive but not fun

It was good working at Shoprite I loved my job always on time and became also best cashier. I'm only not happy about the pension fund because you can't have it if not over 60

Pros

Cons

Yes when the shop was busy or short of cashiers

The only company that has hired and is still hiring millions. It helps and grooms them also it's where you can gain more experience.Customer service!!

Pros

Staff buying card

Cons

It was a learning experience.

It was good working for this company but the management is branch management was not competent. There is mistreatment of the staff and abuse(Verbally). They deliberately schedule in less staff and less hours. I would not recommend anyone to work at the shop I was in.

Fun Workplace

No worries, good working environment, short pay, agency work, low pay rate, no benefits, hard work and difficult management at times, overtime pay, good technology.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

No benefits, low salary

It's a retail university, productive and stressful

Has no care about their staff no management. They will make you work overtime and not pay you. You work long hours. Halfday off every Wednesday. No weekend off. Short staffed. When you off they will call you to come back to work, same applies when you are on leave.

Pros

No free lunch and most of the time no lunch at all

Cons

Exhausting super long hours and less time off

It's an okay place to work in the meantime while applying elsewhere. If you stay longer than a year it gets really depressing.

No benefits or staff prices for general workers and cashiers,long hours especially sassa days pay days festive season, we worked very hard but got paid little. We got 2 days off per week, sometimes 3 days.. weekly wages are around R500-R800..a little bit more for cashiers.

Pros

Staff transport. Get paid per hour worked. Bursaries to study

Cons

Long hours on your feet

Great workplace culture with very helpful fellow employees. Excellent company to work for.

Days at Home Office generally felt short as my fellow colleagues always made the workplace very pleasant. They were always very helpful if there was a work task that had to be handled in a team setting or if I needed help solving a work task which I had difficulty solving on my own. Shoprite has an open-door policy to management that allows you to raise an issue and have it resolved almost instantly. I've learned to work independently and in a team. The hardest part of my job was adapting to team feedback meetings every week. The most enjoyable part was the relationship I had with my fellow colleagues and management.

Pros

Staff buyng cards

Cons

Micro management in some departments

Fun wrok place

I enjoy working at checkers I learned more jobs packaer clinging Management they make sure they give everyone special love They respect culture The job is very good Scanning is the best jop

Pros

Buy lunch

Cons

Long hour's

It Was fun I enjoyed

At shop rite I learn a lot... They gave me experience how to handle pressure at work.. I enjoyed every Moment by helping costumers.. I thank you all for opportunity you gave me.

Pros

No free lunch

Productive workplace

I learn a lot every day that I spend at work. There's so much to learn and it makes me want to grow more and learn more (even from different cultures).

Pros

Low taxi fare

Cons

No benefits

Tiring and stressful

As a cashier you got to cash and pack on your own. Take customers negativity and get paid a peanuts. Cash float is too less that leaves you angry customers when you do not have change

Pros

Cons

Long hours. Congested, over crowded cash office

I dnt have bad thing about der campany

I enjoy my work at shoprite I learned many thing and dey give me the opportunity to learn ,they always take care of the staff and they teach about costume service

Pros

sometimes they give us free lunch

Cons

health care

Productive and fun

You need to be carefulDo your bestMake a good impressionBe fast Learn new thingsBe passionateBe humbleBe yourselfBe friendlyBe a go getterBe smart

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Much work less hours

Cool workplace

I had the very difficult 2 years hoping to be absorbed and become permanent, but at the end it wasn’t meant for me . Contract renewals after renewals . It’s gets tiring if you don’t get appreciated for the work you bring to the table

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

It was a great experience working with nice castomers, i can't say the same about management.

1 needs to be friendly and happy around customers. Take good care of them at all times. And be careful and focused on duty, a lot can go wrong in a minute.

Pros

No such.

Cons

Very stressful work place they only care about management

I wouldn't recommend people to work at Shoprite because it's not an easy place to work . They can fire you any time when it's suit them it doesn't matter whether you've been doing good for them they don't care you work overtime but you won't get paid for it

Cons

Long hours for free

Shoprite is a good company that teach employees human behavior and how to grow a business in terms of making profit

It's easy to work at Shoprite and you learn a lot by working at. It's a easy environment that you might like to work at and I will recommend anyone to apply to this company.

Productive and challenging workplace

Productive and challenging workplace. No two days have the same challenges. Dynamic and innovative services and products are offered or improved daily.

Pros

Always challenging

Good start up point

You gain lots of skills while working there because you are expected to go extra mile. You work alone four roles for four people in other companies, and it's risky because you will be counting money, answering calls, capturing and banking money, answering to customers complaints, making sure massages are delivered to the right people at a right time and it's so stressful) you can end up making mistakes.

Pros

It's a good starting point of life

Cons

Once you're in you will never stop complaining because of work overload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoprite Checkers (Pty) Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
2,6 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,3 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,3 out of 5 stars for Management
3,3 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Shoprite Checkers (Pty) Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?