Shoprite Group

South Africa86 reviews

Clear
3,1Work-Life Balance
2,8Pay & Benefits

Great to learn new skills quickly and efficiently. Work hours is long but definitely better than being jobless. Employees are very welcoming towards new staff members.

Pros

Gift cards when you work on Christmas day, vouchers if you are frequently Spot On

Productive place

I believe shopbrite is helping those who unable to find job and also finds hard to provide their families.even though you get small pay but at list you suvirved with that amount of salary.working hard it's part of life .you are better than a person sitting at home folding arms waiting miracles to happen.

Pros

Uniform is preferable

Cons

Working hard

Stressful very busy shop

Stressful busy shop must always be focused especially if you are cashier working with money you can't short or get over R40 but ke we have to work because they are no jobs out there you have to take any thing just to have money

Pros

Cons

Very long hours

This was a great job, working 3-4 days weekly and earning weekly. I honestly believe that I could have worked for a long time if I didn't have to go back to school.

Pros

Weekly earning

Cons

The shop closes late

It a good place to work at you learn how to work with different people with there own different cultures and languages

Working at shoprite it a very good experience it help a person to understand and respect other peaple with there different beliefs and culture it's helps to learn to each and every one from peaple you are working with to customers , it's really great to work with different people everyday

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Lot of work, long hours

Profitable sales

You need to always Work hard and manage your time.Keep on sharing information from your collegues,and you must make sure as an employee's to make the customers to trust the lower prices always.

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

Sometime you got paid for overtimes.

fun but stressful in busy days

I enjoyed working with shoprite group but my kids needed my attention back then but I'm good now. The management was very good and understanding to all the staff members. Working hours were not very hectic except for the busy days.

Pros

free gift cards on Christmas

Cons

It was okay working at Shoprite

Working was okay but a bit stressful and exhausting. You work more hours mostly on your feet and during the month end it's gets too busy. There are also good times though, where you have fun and do other activities. There are also promotions.

Like any other working environment, Shoprite has busy days and not so busy days, there are good colleagues and not so good ones.

I think Shoprite should consider a little salary raise for their employees, and re-hiring old staff members who still wish to work for the company. It was really good working at Shoprite, it taught me how to work with customers, being a team player and working at a fast paced environment and under pressure.

There nothing that is fun in shoprite

I will never recommend anyone to go work over there, it is a bad company and there's. Lot of stress and they pay less and we used to knock off late...

Salary

I worked there for a year and my experience there was not good for me, first of all the salary was not good at all cause as a cashier making a minimum of R15000 a day for the company alone and receive R2600 a month is not good especially if I am a cashier seeing how much the company is making out of me alone.

money was not enough

we working very hard but the salary there was not enough.the experience there was very good.they teach you discipline and how to control yourself around customers

productive and fun

it was fun and productive, there was sometimes where it was stressfull and exhausting. i got to know how different customers want and had to help them.

productive

loved everyday at work. just needed more earnings and benefits, like medical aid etc. it was always fun and creative. the people were always fun

Pros

free lunches

no challenges

as a cashier you deal with different types of customers, but because i loved my job i would also pack their groceries for them as we would be short staffed, my co-workers were okay and management understood my personality as i was the loudest cashier but friendly and customers loved that about. even when i left some customers would ask where i was and were left disappointed to hear that i left the company. It was my first job and loved it. But the salary was bad.

Pros

n/a

Fun workplace

Funny, Friendly staff members, I learned to be patient with customers and to be helful to them alwayz regardles of their attitude, I learned to be submissive to management, good management, Nice colleagues. insufficient salary was alwayz a challenge. the most enjoyable part was when I was tasked to go assist at bakery department.

Pros

nothing

Cons

lower salary

productive

month ends is always typical as lot of people get paid, i learned to prepare myself like making sure we have everything eg enough change for customers. me and my co-workers always practice fastness and accuracy to work the ques and prevent loss. working long hours is hard but enjoyable when you get paid for it.

Pros

gift vouchers

fun work place

Giving a customer the wrong change. Learned a lot about customer service Good management Worked very well with my co-workers even though sometimes we had a bit of arguments but it was fun working there. The hardest part of the job is working without a change to give clients in the tills when working with friendly customers

Pros

free lunch on holidays

Cons

long hours on month end

Always working long hours, my former colegues were very helpfull in helping out. The hardest part is when the money you have does not balance with the trial balance.

Pros

Cons

Working overtime without being paid

its a challenging place

its was fun.I was leaning every day u see new people every day some give encorege u.my co worker we fun people to with even some we hard ,but is life people we can be the same.

Pros

long lunch

Cons

long hour

good shop

it was very good experience working at shoprite.The stuff that was training us for cashier were very good and polite with us.