Shoprite Holdings

Shoprite Holdings Employee Reviews

South Africa48 reviews

3,0Work-Life Balance

Stressful

Less time for your family. somehow in some cases sorry but who you are or you know counts more. I was at Checkers thier culture is more of pleasing top class customers.

Pros

Non

Cons

Loooong hours

Productive and stressful

Being not appreciated is not nice , being not promoted cause of regionals not liking you is sad.Given the hours spent at work you can still be denied weekend off even the entitled leave can still be denied.

I was working for an agency under temp conditions.

I never enjoyed my time there at all. Hours, salary and environment was not to my liking and i took the opportunity for a secure income but i was only for 2-3 months with Shoprite moving from branch to branch.

Friendly work environment

It was a friendly work environment, customers are treated with respect and equally. It was easy to talk to our superiors they were very accommodating.

Pros

Friendly work environment

Cons

Hours of overtime

The product was always filled up and the workplace was always clean

By working at shoprite it was nice and I was always enjoying I learned many things like how to use a till, and the manager was always giving me the different jobs like working in the till and work as a merchandise. It was always clean where I am working.The hardest part of the job was to counting stork,and the most enyoyablepartof the job was to win maybe as a chashier of the week.

Productive and healthy

The retail store is always full of people and expecially on weekends we have to work overtime but the good thing is that you get paid per hour at work so more hours is equal to more money in your pocket.

Pros

Workers can skip line when buying something for lunch.

Cons

Have to work standing until lock up time.

Working at Shoprite was really awesome

I was more independently and after doing my weekly routine then submit the report to my Manager. Helping with viability and negotiating lease agreements rentals. Because of working very smart I would absorb all the work pressure also because of the friendly environment.

I'm certain

I still enjoy the work and beside it gives me a great opportunity to show my abilities and knowledge in the store. I would like to learn more about business operations and one day be one of great manager and explore more in the business industry.

Productive and fun working place

This company is changing many people's life's and made people bread winners, it gives people a chance to grow and how to work under pressure, and it teaches you how to communicate and group work

Pros

Free lunches

Good colleagues

Some of the managers where not good but working there it was very experiencing and enjoyable helping customers. I love working there especially working with customers.

Pros

Helping customers

productive and fun workplace

the dc was a very nice enviroment to work in especially the equipment. ive learned a lot while working there when it came to working with the scanning equipment.

Pros

overtime

Cons

no overtime

Productivity and timing are critical in our company

Builds a very strong personal character. Shapes ones time management. Enables one to be able to prioritise daily operations. Has trained us to ensure that no customer leaves the store unhappy.

Pros

Free lunch R15 per day

Cons

Very long hours and hardly day offs

Experiences and Travelling Fantastic

Would like to broaden horizons and travel more. would like to develop and use creative skills more. Can add exceptional value to retail and store desig in 1 st world countries

Pros

Travelling

Cons

Positiveness

experience gained

I received high level of experience from technical support , project management , different kinds of systems .Team work , working under pressure , working with minimum supervision .

Pros

always room to exercise my knowledge and skills w

Cons

no room for permanant employment

Challenging and fun

Load of work especially on month end,parking from tills to shelves,there Will be less time for lunch but extra hour for sorting shelves with out extra cash

Pros

Load of work

productive place

Sometimes you get tips...but not always...an its also good to work with customer,you have to start by loving your self before loving others...an also respect them.

Pros

you buy your self lunch

Cons

Normal hours

Excellent Company

As Reginal manager daily work was centered around ensuring store standards, P&L, and general business plans were under control. The focus was as a retail group centered around maximizing sales and ensuring people were geared to achieve.

when customers are Happy

Shen you are learning more about the shop customers are important to us no customers no pay respecting one another as specially in font of customers Fun Unhappy customers When our producers are all soiled

Cons

long hours with nice pay

it was great working for shoprite because they open a lot of doors

I'm resourceful and in most cases will enjoy learning and gaining knowledge to pass to others. Will tend to thrive in a busy environment. Using common sense and experience

Pros

when we have meetings as controllers then we get nice snack and get to know each others work load

Cons

the cons that in October when Christmas season begin, that's when we start to work long hours

i need a job plz help

Be happy to buyers always show smile on face be early at work working in time update the security the place must be clean always workers should work in shifts

Pros

Cons

8hrs

I was nice working at shoprite we were working under pressure and we dont paid overtimes

Shoprite is a big company were sometimes you work under pressure and have to treat customers and your co_worker with respect and always know that customers are always right even though they are wrong

Pros

Own lunch

Cons

Short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoprite Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
2,8 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,2 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,2 out of 5 stars for Management
3,1 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Shoprite Holdings
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?