Shoprite Holdings
3,5 out of 5 stars.

Shoprite Holdings Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape8 reviews

3,0Work-Life Balance

it was great working for shoprite because they open a lot of doors

I'm resourceful and in most cases will enjoy learning and gaining knowledge to pass to others. Will tend to thrive in a busy environment. Using common sense and experience

Pros

when we have meetings as controllers then we get nice snack and get to know each others work load

Cons

the cons that in October when Christmas season begin, that's when we start to work long hours

I was working for an agency under temp conditions.

I never enjoyed my time there at all. Hours, salary and environment was not to my liking and i took the opportunity for a secure income but i was only for 2-3 months with Shoprite moving from branch to branch.

productive and fun workplace

the dc was a very nice enviroment to work in especially the equipment. ive learned a lot while working there when it came to working with the scanning equipment.

Pros

overtime

Cons

no overtime

Current position

Working with people, problem solving, reporting, financial and accounting challenges. I have learned that it is important to be patient in a big corporation an slowly work your self up via experience and relationships.

Pros

Succesful company

Cons

To congested

Very productive

Job secure not guarenteed. Not going forward in the company. Promises that can be broken. Same position for 10 years. No movement in going forward. Build up experience

Not a good expereience

I will not reccommend anyone to work here. The culture is really bad and management is far too old school. I did not enjoy working at this company. The job itself was good and I learned alot. But management and the older people made this a very bad experience and I would never go back. I was miserable here and it affected my health dramatically.

Pros

Great learning experience

Cons

A lot of work for a low salary. Obvious preferencial treatment

Singing happy birthday to my colleague

Have a good relationship with people from all walks of life. Security risk as area where store is, is high risk with robberies the order of the day. Promotions or job stability not good, have colleagues working for years and still considered contract workers.

Pros

Learning something new from colleagues and customers alike.

Cons

Hours are long

Looking for a new challenge, want more responsibility & to grow in the accounting profession

I love the fact that I am exposed to a number of accounting functions, working as an accountant for 2 small companies with in the group means that I am responsible for creditors, debtors and cash and bank functions and more. I have learnt a lot on my current job but I feel that I need more challages to broaden my knowlage and skills,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoprite Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance