Shoprite Holdings

Shoprite Holdings Employee Reviews

South Africa48 reviews

3,0Work-Life Balance

Stressful

Less time for your family. somehow in some cases sorry but who you are or you know counts more. I was at Checkers thier culture is more of pleasing top class customers.

Pros

Non

Cons

Loooong hours

Productive and fun place

The place had management that treated everyone with respect and hey made sure that employees worked in a healthy and safe environment.They made sure that no employee worked on an empty stomach by giving them food now and again.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Worked only four days a week

Stable with good opportunity for growth

I enjoyed being associated with the Shoprite Group but less so with the Furniture Division. Poor decision making and lacklustre attitudes from senior management is costing the Furniture Division great harm. Even though I was quite successful I truly believe that the Shoprite Furniture Division can be run more efficiently and effectively, with profitibility which would automatically increase.

It was a good learning experience since it was my first time working at a supermarket

If there can be an extra effort to be in place for perishables that are left by customers in Trollies especially during month ends.Have enough cashiers even on Sundays whereby it is presumed to be days of lesser business.

Pros

High ethics and proffesionalism

Cons

lot of ubundent stock in customer trollies during month ends.

Not a good expereience

I will not reccommend anyone to work here. The culture is really bad and management is far too old school. I did not enjoy working at this company. The job itself was good and I learned alot. But management and the older people made this a very bad experience and I would never go back. I was miserable here and it affected my health dramatically.

Pros

Great learning experience

Cons

A lot of work for a low salary. Obvious preferencial treatment

Singing happy birthday to my colleague

Have a good relationship with people from all walks of life. Security risk as area where store is, is high risk with robberies the order of the day. Promotions or job stability not good, have colleagues working for years and still considered contract workers.

Pros

Learning something new from colleagues and customers alike.

Cons

Hours are long

Always busy,the work is more than the time you have to complete

A typical day is very hectic I have lot about management I worked with strict and depressive managers Jelous co-workers The hardest part of the job,working unpaid over times/days I most enjoyed learning about retail

Pros

petty cash

Cons

long unpaid hours

Looking for a new challenge, want more responsibility & to grow in the accounting profession

I love the fact that I am exposed to a number of accounting functions, working as an accountant for 2 small companies with in the group means that I am responsible for creditors, debtors and cash and bank functions and more. I have learnt a lot on my current job but I feel that I need more challages to broaden my knowlage and skills,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoprite Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance