Sigma SA

Sigma SA Employee Reviews

South Africa61 reviews

2,7Work-Life Balance

Friendly colleagues

Sigma is an amazing company to work for. The culture amongst the staff is awesome & I can truly say I've met some phenomenal people at Sigma. However, they tend to overlook your hardwork & when time for promotions roll around, it is handed to less deserving candidates. Alot of favoritism with management & certain staff.

Pros

No Sundays

Cons

No benefits

Very enjoyable, stuff are quite friendly there were no bad vibes we would always reward for hard working people with prizes and would recommend anytime

Sigma management works out their employees they have no people skills all their job titles goes to their heads then they think they better than you.

Sigma tenture advisors has no clue what's happening in the shell campaign even the floor walkers know absolutely nothing so when new people start they give incorrect information to the new people and when their calls are being listened to the new people gets into big trouble because of the incorrect information given.

Pros

Nice treats now and then

Cons

Always a pay query

Productive and fun place to work in

It is a fun place to work, there is no bullying or mis-treating as long as you working hard, satisying the customer according to their needs and making sure you meet the stats such as the kpi's and quality.

Pros

Incentives is doable

Cons

Transport is a nightmare

Work environment

It's okay you literally just come to do your work and go home , you don't really get time to socialize cause you are constantly on calls

Pros

Insensitive, working hours

Cons

Short breaks

Poor Management

Probably the worst BPO company I’ve worked for. The campaign SP Debt is a mess, Management is a MESS, The SDM’s are a MESS and operations management is the worst. These people have zero empathy, all the care about are calls in the que. Please do not apply to work here if you have a family because you will be absolutely drained after a shift at this place. The environment is extremely toxic, the processes change every other day because these people really don’t know what they’re doing. The pay is less than the average call center pay. Staff turnover is more than 90% these people hire and fire like it’s nothing.

Pros

Free drop off transport after 6pm shift

Cons

Long hours Low basic salary Poor management No business structure

Dull, sad, no growth working environment

I would never recommend anyone to work for this company. The management doesn't stick to their promises, You work for long hours with a little pay, There's no room for growth especially if you are black. The salary is so little that you will only use it for transport to go to work. The only way to survive at SIGMA is if you don't know your self worth. You are not even allowed to take leave no matter how serious your reasons are, they just don't care.

Detrimental environment

The management is absolutely appalling, sickening and disgusting. There is no culture. The environment is too stressful as there isn't floor support. There isn't much to look forward to because of the environment.

Productive and stressful environment.

The company as a whole is quite pleasant as they take care of their employees. Management can be quite stressful and demanding to meet target each day. Each day feels robotic as there is a certain way you should act to meet the criteria. Overall, the company is good and gives you the right support structure.

Awesome

Productive and fun work place, management is very supportive. Our team has a variety of cultures and everyone is a family, doesn’t matter your race or anything. We all one big family at Sigma.

Pros

Free ride home

Toxic workplace

Management overlooks unfair treatment . You won’t have a voice , you’re expected to be a robot - sick leave is bashed . If you have unexpected problems management will expect you to work because the “client” pays for you to be at work. If you have a family member who passed all they care about is the proof and return to work date . If you’re someone who has family you’ll be drained by the long hours and toxic environment

Pros

Free transport - after shift

Cons

Long hours, Unfair treatment, Unprofessional team leaders

Very dull, sad and unexciting place to work.

A UK energy Client based call centre here in S.A, not very exciting at all. Answer calls, log complaints, take payments, set up arrangements, very mediocre. The hours are long and they have different campaigns but you can't choose, they will tell you which one to work on. E.ON Energy is the absolute worst.

Pros

Incentives that they still find a problem with paying out correctly.

Cons

Long hours, No growth, No benefits, Only upskill you and not your salary.

Stressful no fun to be had only work

They say it's fun an lots of opportunities but it's not true it's all about no ownership taken by management an no one to help an protect staff management isn't able to guide staff an assist with new protocols as they don't understand what they are rolling down to their teams

Company

Bad management and no one cares. Promotions are only given to people who are friends with the other managers. The expectations are unrealistic and they expect the best workers.

Pros

Cons

No provident fund

Poor management skills. Manager walking barefeet all the time but keep telling you to dress appropriately in case the client comes on site. I had a personal issue that I needed to deal with and upon returning work everyone knew my business and my manager was the only one who knew

No room for growth

The energy at office is really off, I think it is noticeable when you first walk in. Even noticed by the most new Ops Manager.People don't enjoy working at SIGMA and you can tell by the way they carry themselves. There's no fun activities to promote a really positive, vibrant working place. The processes are extremely flawed, constant system issues and just the work itself. Customers are never truly assisted as it's been said that there is no CS dept, where a lot of our processes are to transfer customer to CS to be properly assisted.Quality scoring is extremely stressful for every agent on a weekly basis but insists that the process cannot be changed. Overall a negative experience for me, although you would need to experience for yourself to understand.

Pros

I cant think of anything pros that are special to mention.

Cons

No room for growth

Its like each team manager make their own rules as they go

I had a good training experience. However you oose your entire social life, you're always working and you have to work back the s.a public holidays even if you're scheduled to be off or it goes unpaid which doesn't make sense

Pros

Transportation.

Cons

Long hours.

Worst company ever

Working at sigma is one of the worst campaigns keep on closing down lack of support from management and expect way to much from staff no benifits thy promise one things but the opposite happens thy very quick to work people away

Pros

Have nice activities

Cons

Long hours short breaks

Great environment

Sigma is the best place to be, the is fun competitions,growth and great management.Sigma can be your home, you will definitely spend most time there and you will get used to it

Pros

N\a

Cons

Sometimes the is overtime.

Productive an fun place to work at

Sigma was a fun and productive place to work at i learned alot from Sigma i grew within the company an working there made me come out of my shell more

Pros

Free transport

Cons

Shift work

Customer service

Sigma is a top class company to work at. Management at sigma is friendly, encouraging and help their employees. Head of operations was the friendliest person and always see to his employees.

Pros

1hours

Cons

1hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sigma SA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance