Sigma SA

Sigma SA Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape30 reviews

2,7Work-Life Balance

Friendly colleagues

Sigma is an amazing company to work for. The culture amongst the staff is awesome & I can truly say I've met some phenomenal people at Sigma. However, they tend to overlook your hardwork & when time for promotions roll around, it is handed to less deserving candidates. Alot of favoritism with management & certain staff.

Pros

No Sundays

Cons

No benefits

Productive and fun place to work in

It is a fun place to work, there is no bullying or mis-treating as long as you working hard, satisying the customer according to their needs and making sure you meet the stats such as the kpi's and quality.

Pros

Incentives is doable

Cons

Transport is a nightmare

Productive and stressful environment.

The company as a whole is quite pleasant as they take care of their employees. Management can be quite stressful and demanding to meet target each day. Each day feels robotic as there is a certain way you should act to meet the criteria. Overall, the company is good and gives you the right support structure.

Awesome

Productive and fun work place, management is very supportive. Our team has a variety of cultures and everyone is a family, doesn’t matter your race or anything. We all one big family at Sigma.

Pros

Free ride home

Cons

Very dull, sad and unexciting place to work.

A UK energy Client based call centre here in S.A, not very exciting at all. Answer calls, log complaints, take payments, set up arrangements, very mediocre. The hours are long and they have different campaigns but you can't choose, they will tell you which one to work on. E.ON Energy is the absolute worst.

Pros

Incentives that they still find a problem with paying out correctly.

Cons

Long hours, No growth, No benefits, Only upskill you and not your salary.

Stressful no fun to be had only work

They say it's fun an lots of opportunities but it's not true it's all about no ownership taken by management an no one to help an protect staff management isn't able to guide staff an assist with new protocols as they don't understand what they are rolling down to their teams

Company

Bad management and no one cares. Promotions are only given to people who are friends with the other managers. The expectations are unrealistic and they expect the best workers.

Pros

Cons

No provident fund

Its like each team manager make their own rules as they go

I had a good training experience. However you oose your entire social life, you're always working and you have to work back the s.a public holidays even if you're scheduled to be off or it goes unpaid which doesn't make sense

Pros

Transportation.

Cons

Long hours.

Worst company ever

Working at sigma is one of the worst campaigns keep on closing down lack of support from management and expect way to much from staff no benifits thy promise one things but the opposite happens thy very quick to work people away

Pros

Have nice activities

Cons

Long hours short breaks

Productive an fun place to work at

Sigma was a fun and productive place to work at i learned alot from Sigma i grew within the company an working there made me come out of my shell more

Pros

Free transport

Cons

Shift work

Poor working conditions

Worked well with my colleagues, got the opportunity to build great rapport even outside of work premises. The recruitment process was poor, they would accept you and still tell you in training that they haven't made contact with my reference. They give you the job and make you worry about security. High expectations but systems always down. Clustered systems and most of the tasks or not resolved on time because we do not have access to do most functionalities. Poor customer service department that made us as advisor's incompetent. What discouraged me mostly was the management, they don't have backing for us as employees. In each and every briefing before we start shift, they always encourage dismissal then rather developing alternatives as a team. When you fail a call you sign counseling form that is kept in your file in HR's office but when you do something good less credit is given. I was a good employee for them never got into any trouble but I felt it many people left because of unfair treatment.

Pros

Good hours and good transport service

Cons

No wifi, slow connection, less breaks and no job security.

Workplace with bad planning

When there is a lack of resources, other staff are used to fill gaps. ZERO RECOGNITIONWhen you are used to fill gaps, you are no longer able to carry on with your own work and end up being dissatisfied.

Pros

Exposure to other areas for skill development.

Cons

Being used as an all rounder and getting nothing in return

Draining work place

Not a very good place to work at management has no peoples skills whatsoever and everyday its a new rule being implemented. . .Get warnings for the slightest mistake ever and they a very cheap company in terms of payment and there is no benefits at all.

Pros

Off weekends

Cons

Little money and alot of effort in collections

Worst company ever

They don’t consider that you’re a human being and that people go through life because they clearly don’t experience life especially management i wouldn’t recommend anyone to apply at sigma i’m glad i left

It was alright good for a starter job if you dont go study

I applied for a manager position after already being a 2ic and a team leader at a previous BPO but they gave the opportunity to a childish a55hole that was later demoted back to a agent because he couldnt do the work.Favourites are always considered in that place.They lose their best agents to this.Also Constance the main lady that came from amazon brings all her people from amazon to take the best positions then they end up getting fired for not being compliant after a few months.They need to really change their ways to be successful.

Pros

The colleagues you work with are friendly

Cons

Managers favour their friends

You on your own

You answer for your own actions anything out of their line is paperwork. Anyone else do what you just did no paperwork given to them.. Just favoritism going on. Changes happen so quickly for the company, we should just apply it for our customers whether they happy or not our opinions don't matter and these are only opinions brought from our customers to help us but it doesn't get heard bettbusiness

Pros

Cons

Friendly backstabbing going on.

Atypical

The company was once described by someone as a morgue can you believe it . But you go to work to go to work but you stay because you're treated well, people don't stay there.

Overtime

There is always overtime available to the employees, so you can earn extra income on your salary which is great. The flexibility of the shifts are great

Target driven

Being an collection agent you should be money hungry, target driven and self motivated because it could be stressful. The management are always there when you have difficulty.

Sigma is the worst out the lot.

As an employee from Sigma I strongly feel that there is a lot of nepotism, favoritism and fraudulent behavior happening at Sigma SA to be exact. The more you speak to the correct channels the more they ignore your requests. They never understand staff members as long as they are paid well off from money that ad visors work there butts off. I will never recommend anyone to work at this pathetic company that will just waste your time. They over work their employees to an extent where they eventually burn out.

Room for improvement

No benefits No recognition Stressful Management skills have alot to be desired Salary to little for amount of work done More equipped staff to provide efficient training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sigma SA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance