Sigma SA
2,9 out of 5 stars.

Sigma SA Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Sigma was a fun and productive place to work at i learned alot from Sigma i grew within the company an working there made me come out of my shell more
Pros
Free transport
Cons
Shift work
Worked well with my colleagues, got the opportunity to build great rapport even outside of work premises. The recruitment process was poor, they would accept you and still tell you in training that they haven't made contact with my reference. They give you the job and make you worry about security. High expectations but systems always down. Clustered systems and most of the tasks or not resolved on time because we do not have access to do most functionalities. Poor customer service department that made us as advisor's incompetent. What discouraged me mostly was the management, they don't have backing for us as employees. In each and every briefing before we start shift, they always encourage dismissal then rather developing alternatives as a team. When you fail a call you sign counseling form that is kept in your file in HR's office but when you do something good less credit is given. I was a good employee for them never got into any trouble but I felt it many people left because of unfair treatment.
Pros
Good hours and good transport service
Cons
No wifi, slow connection, less breaks and no job security.
When there is a lack of resources, other staff are used to fill gaps. ZERO RECOGNITIONWhen you are used to fill gaps, you are no longer able to carry on with your own work and end up being dissatisfied.
Pros
Exposure to other areas for skill development.
Cons
Being used as an all rounder and getting nothing in return
Not a very good place to work at management has no peoples skills whatsoever and everyday its a new rule being implemented. . .Get warnings for the slightest mistake ever and they a very cheap company in terms of payment and there is no benefits at all.
Pros
Off weekends
Cons
Little money and alot of effort in collections
They don’t consider that you’re a human being and that people go through life because they clearly don’t experience life especially management i wouldn’t recommend anyone to apply at sigma i’m glad i left
I applied for a manager position after already being a 2ic and a team leader at a previous BPO but they gave the opportunity to a childish a55hole that was later demoted back to a agent because he couldnt do the work.Favourites are always considered in that place.They lose their best agents to this.Also Constance the main lady that came from amazon brings all her people from amazon to take the best positions then they end up getting fired for not being compliant after a few months.They need to really change their ways to be successful.
Pros
The colleagues you work with are friendly
Cons
Managers favour their friends
You answer for your own actions anything out of their line is paperwork. Anyone else do what you just did no paperwork given to them.. Just favoritism going on. Changes happen so quickly for the company, we should just apply it for our customers whether they happy or not our opinions don't matter and these are only opinions brought from our customers to help us but it doesn't get heard bettbusiness
Pros
Cons
Friendly backstabbing going on.
The company was once described by someone as a morgue can you believe it . But you go to work to go to work but you stay because you're treated well, people don't stay there.
There is always overtime available to the employees, so you can earn extra income on your salary which is great. The flexibility of the shifts are great
Being an collection agent you should be money hungry, target driven and self motivated because it could be stressful. The management are always there when you have difficulty.
As an employee from Sigma I strongly feel that there is a lot of nepotism, favoritism and fraudulent behavior happening at Sigma SA to be exact. The more you speak to the correct channels the more they ignore your requests. They never understand staff members as long as they are paid well off from money that ad visors work there butts off. I will never recommend anyone to work at this pathetic company that will just waste your time. They over work their employees to an extent where they eventually burn out.
No benefits No recognition Stressful Management skills have alot to be desired Salary to little for amount of work done More equipped staff to provide efficient training
I think the company will grow And also I will put more effort to make sure the company is growing, I will work under pressure to make make sure we wo
The people you work with, the relationships I built was the only thing that kept me going at this company. Further more. I hated working for Sigma....
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
No benefits, no individual value.
What I would suggest is that you should be single and have a car to work at that place and also have money on you but never come late and always bring a jacket with you
Sigma is not a bad place to work at. I enjoy it especially interacting with people from a different country. The only downfall personally for me is there is no benefits such as pension fun but overall I work with the best employees ever but personal growth and benefits is a necessity for me as I have a beautiful family to care for.
Pros
Recognitions
Cons
Working on weekends
The company was still in its teething phase when I had started there so there was a few concerns however I believe the company has potential and there's definitely growth for employees if you stay dedicated.
Pros
No Sundays
Cons
Late shifts
Enjoyed working at sigma small but growing and intimate always offering upskill training and encourage to ask questions and help. Sigma is a great company
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Hours
good place to work.at the time felt like the places need to grow ... would go back anytime to work there again. nice short hours. building was also good, the facilities even better
Pros
short hours
Sigma was the greatest first call centre jobs for Me I can never complain much about it as yes there had been incompetentness but I do applaud Sigma for their strict policy and Conduction.
Cons
Overtime
fun place to work in very warmly and a room for growth , exciting and free intertaining at the same time, you always feel like you at home ,because you working in a warm and natural environment ..
Pros
free milk for coffee and insentives
Cons
short time for lunch
  1. Cape Town, Western Cape