SITA Employee Reviews

South Africa79 reviews
3,0
As i was a student and was doing lot of work related to mu course .the stipend was little,Would be glad if i could get something better ,am a fast learner who can adapt to change easily.
5,0
SITA is great place and the stuff is awesome. I had the best time of my working life there. I was exposed to new people everyday. The traveling was also amazing. The support, the advise and everything was fantastic.
Pros
Best opportunity for promotion and networking
Cons
Low salary
5,0
I enjoyed working at SITA that is why I worked at SITA for over 35 years.

Good work ethics both from employers and employees.

Sympathetic to employee personal ideas and dreams and career path.

Pros
Subsidised lunches
Cons
buildings becoming old little maintenance done
3,0
A typical day starts at 7:45 till 16:30 depending if management allows flexible time such as 6:30 till 15:00.
I have learned over the 20 years of being there how to start as a part time person till a contractor and then eventually being permanently employed. I started out as an an administrative position, then moved to a technical field where installations and configuration of PC hardware and software was required, also how to work on a mainframe environment. I then moved to Web and Graphic design. Currently I am working with a system called TMS (Telephone Management System). I have learned a lot by moving around in the company and how management is working, but now i have reached a stage whereby there is currently no more growth experience. The hardest part of the job is that everyone expects you to know and do your job as fast and as accurate as possible, without any assistance from anyone. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it provide a steady income and that the offices were close to home.
5,0
i really enjoy working for sita
salary could be better

free coffee and milk and water

working for sita has its challenges but it becomes easier

day to day would be to do your calls that are logged within the SLA
5,0
I cant complain at SITA, i just need to move on with my career, have a new experience in a new environment learning new things and change departments.
5,0
training material development, learned a lot, customer interaction during reviews and facilitation. a very nice place to work in. the hardest part of the job is when you do reviews with the client. facilitation and presentation of courses. i am still employed by the company till today
1,0
Sacrificing long term knowledgable skills for inexperienced junior staff in order to create jobs whilst not being able to meet the clients needs. Clients will eventually move away from SITA because they are not getting the services they are paying for.
Pros
Great opportunity employer
Cons
Poor management who don't understand the client's and their business
5,0
It was a good workable institution with great colegues and best strategies in place to accomplish daily work, the strategic meetings held often is got a huge impact in equipting a newly employed person.
4,0
This is the company that took me from zero to what I am. I attended a full year of learneship and was absorbed after that to the position of junior functional support and carried on up to when I resigned last year 2018. I'm grateful of the skills and experience I acquired in this company
Pros
Enogh time for lunch an tea breaks
3,0
It allowed me to grow in my career, the people and work conditions and culture were pleasant to work under. The job was challenging however overwhelming due to high turnover of staff.
Pros
Bursary
Cons
Continuous change in leadership
3,0
Very good company to work with and has lots of career advancements and growth. Posts are uploaded and its very diverse company within the IT industry.
Pros
On the job training
Cons
Too much traveling
4,0
I worked for SITA for the past 10 years, though the company went through several turnaround strategies and many CEOs, I believed in the future of the company.
3,0
With their HO being out of South Africa, decisions from HO often had to be adapted to our countries laws and culture.

It offers an opportunity to deal with people from various backgrounds and cultures.
4,0
A typical day would be a day where by the exchange server for a site is down and it takes morethan 24 hours to fix
i have learned team work

management are very much supportive and reliable
3,0
Sita, cape town does not hire people directly, we were contracted for the minimum salary they could give us. The working environment was greats but because of their policies the salary was too low
Pros
working environment
Cons
low salary
3,0
Difficult to do reviews as position is a contracting position,

Fitted in well with environment, company and the culture.

Interacted well with individuals.
4,0
my responsibilities keep me busy daily, challenges, interacting with clients (Internal).
as an HR Personnel i've learned that one need to have personal and behavioral skills as we work in a diversed cultures.

my job it has lots of dependencies so sometimes I get frustrated when the other parties don't produce as required or as per SLA.

when interacting with employees, at all levels and when I have delivered a certain work way ahead of the required time.
5,0
Excellent management skills, user friendly, comfortable and clean work space, very professional setups, reasonable working hours I definitely would consider working for SITA at any given day. I had the best experience with them and I certainly wouldn't take anything away.
Pros
Affordable canteens
Cons
Flexi hours
Good relationship with management
Challenging yet fun and learning something new with the apps and customers

friendly workspace and colleagues

enjoy being of an assistance to customer and putting a smile on their face.

troubleshooting and investigating issues reported and reporting the findings
3,0
Check the calendar and discuss it with my manager and read and attend to emails. Start attending to the urgent matters to the least urgent for the day.
I learnt team work, prioritising matters, working under pressure and coming up with a solution if there is matter that needs to be resolved.

I had a good working relation with all the managers I worked with.

SITA culture welcoming and easy to adapt to.

The hardest part of the job is when I don't get the information or inputs from colleagues on time to complete a task.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I complete all tasks on time.