SITA

SITA Employee Reviews

South Africa81 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Productive and Fun workplace

Great place to work with a lot of collaboration and opportunities. They provide various study courses and pay for tuition fees. You can work while they pay your fees with no strings attached.

Productive and working as team

Sita is a productive company and we were learning new things in IT .we were working as a team. If you work hard they recognise you job . Even the managers were very helpfully and commucate with team.Sita is the best company .

Productive and funworkplace

It is a productive working environment ,fun and you can grow fast in your career if your willing to learn while working , it has opportunities to grow.

Pros

Free lunches on family days

Cons

Long hour

SITA review

SITA is great place and the stuff is awesome. I had the best time of my working life there. I was exposed to new people everyday. The traveling was also amazing. The support, the advise and everything was fantastic.

Pros

Best opportunity for promotion and networking

Cons

Low salary

Good fellow workers high standard of work ethics work hard play hard culture

I enjoyed working at SITA that is why I worked at SITA for over 35 years.Good work ethics both from employers and employees.Sympathetic to employee personal ideas and dreams and career path.

Pros

Subsidised lunches

Cons

buildings becoming old little maintenance done

Less stipend

As i was a student and was doing lot of work related to mu course .the stipend was little,Would be glad if i could get something better ,am a fast learner who can adapt to change easily.

Productive outcome of the company

A typical day starts at 7:45 till 16:30 depending if management allows flexible time such as 6:30 till 15:00. I have learned over the 20 years of being there how to start as a part time person till a contractor and then eventually being permanently employed. I started out as an an administrative position, then moved to a technical field where installations and configuration of PC hardware and software was required, also how to work on a mainframe environment. I then moved to Web and Graphic design. Currently I am working with a system called TMS (Telephone Management System). I have learned a lot by moving around in the company and how management is working, but now i have reached a stage whereby there is currently no more growth experience. The hardest part of the job is that everyone expects you to know and do your job as fast and as accurate as possible, without any assistance from anyone. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it provide a steady income and that the offices were close to home.

productive , always seeing new people .

i really enjoy working for sita salary could be better free coffee and milk and water working for sita has its challenges but it becomes easier day to day would be to do your calls that are logged within the SLA

fun workplace

I cant complain at SITA, i just need to move on with my career, have a new experience in a new environment learning new things and change departments.

very productive and a nice place to work in

training material development, learned a lot, customer interaction during reviews and facilitation. a very nice place to work in. the hardest part of the job is when you do reviews with the client. facilitation and presentation of courses. i am still employed by the company till today

Not a good company to work for.

Sacrificing long term knowledgable skills for inexperienced junior staff in order to create jobs whilst not being able to meet the clients needs. Clients will eventually move away from SITA because they are not getting the services they are paying for.

Pros

Great opportunity employer

Cons

Poor management who don't understand the client's and their business

It was basically a learnership

It was a good workable institution with great colegues and best strategies in place to accomplish daily work, the strategic meetings held often is got a huge impact in equipting a newly employed person.

Fun workin place and have challenging positions

This is the company that took me from zero to what I am. I attended a full year of learneship and was absorbed after that to the position of junior functional support and carried on up to when I resigned last year 2018. I'm grateful of the skills and experience I acquired in this company

Pros

Enogh time for lunch an tea breaks

Cons

Productive and condusive work enviornment

It allowed me to grow in my career, the people and work conditions and culture were pleasant to work under. The job was challenging however overwhelming due to high turnover of staff.

Pros

Bursary

Cons

Continuous change in leadership

It is a good company to work at with many opportunities

Very good company to work with and has lots of career advancements and growth. Posts are uploaded and its very diverse company within the IT industry.

Pros

On the job training

Cons

Too much traveling

Colleagues were like a family and enjoyed my work like play.

I worked for SITA for the past 10 years, though the company went through several turnaround strategies and many CEOs, I believed in the future of the company.

International Company

With their HO being out of South Africa, decisions from HO often had to be adapted to our countries laws and culture. It offers an opportunity to deal with people from various backgrounds and cultures.

Perfect company to wrk for

A typical day would be a day where by the exchange server for a site is down and it takes morethan 24 hours to fix i have learned team work management are very much supportive and reliable

Salary too low

Sita, cape town does not hire people directly, we were contracted for the minimum salary they could give us. The working environment was greats but because of their policies the salary was too low

Pros

working environment

Cons

low salary

Position

Difficult to do reviews as position is a contracting position, Fitted in well with environment, company and the culture. Interacted well with individuals.

Productive and Challenging

my responsibilities keep me busy daily, challenges, interacting with clients (Internal). as an HR Personnel i've learned that one need to have personal and behavioral skills as we work in a diversed cultures. my job it has lots of dependencies so sometimes I get frustrated when the other parties don't produce as required or as per SLA. when interacting with employees, at all levels and when I have delivered a certain work way ahead of the required time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SITA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance