Skills Academy
3,7 out of 5 stars.

Skills Academy Employee Reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

It's the best

Work at skills Academy is [he best you can earn as much as you want depending on what you put in you will get out, and it's also the place where you get rewarded for hard work

Best place to work at.

The working environment and the people are excellent, you can easily connect with fellow employees and the motivation from the management is top notch, skills academy is the place to be.

Brilliant workplace

An absolutely brilliant place to work, a warm and supportive work environment which will help you grow as not only a coach but a person too. Spent a summer working on the camps and not a second felt like work, was great fun for not only the kids but the coaches also. Honestly can not fault Skills Academy, from the admin staff to the coaches - they are brilliant at their jobs, welcoming and supportive.

Pros

Great pay, reasonable hours and working environment.

Productive, Hardworking Staff

Very small company. Some departments are stressful, some are not. Humble enviroment. CEO - Rashaad Sambaba awesome man. Very neutral & respectable. The crowd is okay. Very little relation & interaction amoungst staff.Very little conflict between staff. 1 team building a year. No staff functions. No annual increase. No bonus. No benefits. No closure for December holidays.

Pros

"Free" study bursary. You pay R600-R1000 exam fees.

Cons

No salary increase, no benefits, no staff functions, no appreciation towards the workers.

Good Place to teach.

I loved to teach there but the income was not good to me that i could easily live with this so i decided to join any other company to overcome this situation.

Toxic and Unprofessional

Intolerant, unprofessional, with small workspaces in an inappropriate location (Bellville South). The boss is very rude and controlling, who won't hesitate to shout you down and embarass you infront of your colleagues. The director isn't too far off. The toxic attitudes of upper management trickle down to everyone else. This is an online college.. in an industrial area..

The hardest part of the job

Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there Provide reasons for why you liked or disliked working at the company Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate

There is respect and harmony in our work in spite of our nationality differences

Our work site is 1 hour away from our place of accommodation So, we have to wake up early and prepare ourselves before the bus who fetch us for work comes. It is very much enjoyable because we have enough time with our colleagues to know each other better through varied topics we had from professional to non formal conversations. I learned different cultures through them. The hardest part of the job is that you're away from your family but still you enjoy because you have another at your workplace especially when you see your students learned from you.

Pros

New learnings and discoveries

Cons

away from family

Great talent buy high level of Uncertainity

The staffs have great talent buy the organisation carries a high level of Uncertainty. There are alot of young talent. They need to be channeled for growth and not stress..

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

No proper management

No proper management NO work location Hectic schedule Continues travelling for 5 months No support from Management Work culture is not upto the mark

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Skills Academy?

Skills Academy

I have very busy days at work , i work well under pressure. I have learned a lot from this company but here is no opportunity for growing. I enjoy my work very much.

Fun workplace

Productive workplace with students different cultures. Provides an atmosphere for students from across the world, to communicate with each other. Flexible work hours and good work environment.

productivity and fun

It was good working with them the reason I left is because of the salary it was too small and not enough for my needs as a single mother of two kids its hard

Pros

Cons

small salary

Its a job to develop myself and visualize my goals.

Typical work day, when they give a work load to finish on their terms. I've learned on how to deal with different people and to manage the anger, also conflicts at work. Management doesn't show much appreciation to the employees, for the work done. Co-workers, sometimes are difficult on the submission and that makes it difficult to achieve the monthly goals. The hardest part, is that am on a contract and the payment for the job, is too little, with no benefits. Am enjoying to deliver my work on time and with no pressure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skills Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance