Skills Academy

Clear
3,3Work-Life Balance
3,4Management

Productive, Hardworking Staff

Very small company. Some departments are stressful, some are not. Humble enviroment. CEO - Rashaad Sambaba awesome man. Very neutral & respectable. The crowd is okay. Very little relation & interaction amoungst staff.Very little conflict between staff. 1 team building a year. No staff functions. No annual increase. No bonus. No benefits. No closure for December holidays.

Pros

"Free" study bursary. You pay R600-R1000 exam fees.

Cons

No salary increase, no benefits, no staff functions, no appreciation towards the workers.

Best place to work at.

The working environment and the people are excellent, you can easily connect with fellow employees and the motivation from the management is top notch, skills academy is the place to be.

Toxic and Unprofessional

Intolerant, unprofessional, with small workspaces in an inappropriate location (Bellville South). The boss is very rude and controlling, who won't hesitate to shout you down and embarass you infront of your colleagues. The director isn't too far off. The toxic attitudes of upper management trickle down to everyone else. This is an online college.. in an industrial area..

Its a job to develop myself and visualize my goals.

Typical work day, when they give a work load to finish on their terms. I've learned on how to deal with different people and to manage the anger, also conflicts at work. Management doesn't show much appreciation to the employees, for the work done. Co-workers, sometimes are difficult on the submission and that makes it difficult to achieve the monthly goals. The hardest part, is that am on a contract and the payment for the job, is too little, with no benefits. Am enjoying to deliver my work on time and with no pressure.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Skills Academy?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skills Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance