Sky Chefs Inc.

Sky Chefs Inc. Employee Reviews

South Africa15 reviews
4,0
I started working for LSG Sky Chefs not knowing anything about food how to do plating and baking bread and pies i have gained the passion for food through this company.
5,0
It was a healthy and hygiene workplace
We catered for international flights

The bosses were very kind and friendly

They treated everybody fairly and equally
4,0
I was a truck driver catering the most of the Airlines international and Domestic great working with different clients but stressful sometimes due to high pace and volume of the job.
5,0
cince i joined lsg i did not gett any problem it was wonderfull place to work lsg sky chef manegemant was good compney provded good fecileti
work place is to good i am very happy to work the lsg so i need join agean lag sky chef
4,0
The management is excellent they interact with employees on their level of work description and accept any comment and suggestion about the work which would help the company.
5,0
There is only one problem for working for this company they are playing with our mind telling us that the company is not making profits meanwhile the company is still running and business is still continuing growing air crafts are engaging with the company I am so hurt broken they even took increase of 7% Sunday money.
5,0
Driving from client to client delivering services to refrigeration and air con equipment.Also carrying out emergency repairs and diagnosing faults on refrigeration and ellectrical equipment.

Assisting junior mechanics and apprentices tellephonically with technical imfomation and data to resolve problems on site.

Trying to satisfy a client that has been dissapionted with our company services and trying to convince them and winning them over to keep them as ongoing clients .
Pros
Free lunches every day that is freshly prepared .
Cons
working odd hours fromm time to time when been on standby and repairs have to be carried out.
3,0
LSG management still poor, they don't take care of the stuff. And as well as safety is poor there is no PEP, When you clam they have to give problems first.
1,0
The company has no cash flow an is spending more than their income. Staff and not higher management gets blamed and no communication with the shop floor
Pros
free lunch
Cons
No Job Security
5,0
Day starts out with checking/replying to emails/calls. Walkthrough of the entire unit(in-house audit). Liaising with cleaning supervisor and staff. Checking of production, quality inspections on meals, equipment and final flights. An absolute bliss to work with such great management. Large diversity in the workplace. Hardest part of my job would be month end when all quality inspection needs to be submitted. Most enjoyable part of my job was having to work with such a great bunch of people
Pros
Free lunch
4,0
cant say much it was my first job
Was still learning

Was there for in-service

will not give a fair comment

I just took the first opportunity that cane since I was young
3,0
My first day at work had to be wise and a learning more as fast as i can for tomorrow plans and challenges. But it was a success for incase you will be given a chance in second day at work.A challenge wont beat you up easily but you win at the end.I learned more skills and how to deliver wonderful production to company's clients so that both parties are happy at the end of the day.That you must never quit till you reach a goal.Management was good.We were working as a family and as a team work too.When there was a shortage of stock you have to think what you can replace with untill the new stock is being bought frm out side into the company and it has to be well balanced and delivered in time too.Working generally gives you a lot of skills and is fun coz you love what you are doing, and any challenge you face is a piece of cake as you will know what to do in the end you win.Clients get happy too they always seek to work with you always and at the end all parties are happy.So you had fun and benefited the skill too!
Cons
long hours helps to get skills and be recognized as a good assets
5,0
working at sky chef company was the most fun work place to be with the great management team we treated each other with respect it was more like a family thing. we always putted our safety first looked out for each other. and kept our customers happy
Pros
free launch
4,0
Opportunities given to employees who are willing to grab them with both hands I worked 5 different within the company
Pros
free food
Cons
Company Doctor and Nurse
4,0
it was good working there,transportation fee came from them,including launch
Pros
free lunches