Small Enterprise Development Agency (seda)

Small Enterprise Development Agency (seda) Employee Reviews

South Africa12 reviews
4,0
The nature of my job does not have routine as i assist staff to organize events that differs on a day to day. What i had to learn quickly was to be very flexible and multitask alot as well as be able to negotiate with stakeholders to get things done correctly and on time. I believe there is a room for improvement with management particilarly allowing me to use the latest tech that will ensure that events management is handle promptly and professionaly.

The work culture at Seda Marketing Department is good in a sense that we get the job done and where we are unable to support, we indicate well in advance or seek alternative solutions. The hardest part about my job is handling multiple events requests and excecuting certain tasks after hours but i have learned to embrace the nature of my job and adapt quickly then i began to love and enjoy it.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a project to completion and getting positive feedback/post event report as well as interacting with new people daily. In a nutshell my job requires an energetic person who has excellent interpersonal skills and turns ideas into reality.
Pros
Project Management, Communication, Negotiating
Cons
Long hours, creative and traveling
3,0
My working conditions were perfect, I was working independently without unnecessary intervention and Supervision My Branch Manager was very supportive
4,0
Seda is very developmental both to its clients and staff. Has presence in all provinces with National Office in Pretoria. I have demonstrated various abilities at Seda, which include great people management skills, innovation, acted as Provincial Manager. Assist my Provincial Manager with various presentations at all levels. Am also Sir as a Board Member of Invotech
5,0
Small Enterprise development agency is a government agency dealing with start-up and small businesses. it is an organisation that takes care of its employees.
5,0
The organisation is results driven, proactive in approach and always seeks solutions. The work to be done although planned, is not rigid and flexibility is always allowed in order to ensure that clients and stakeholders are satisfied. the policy is open door and transparency is a culture
Pros
resources and tools for objectives are available at all times
Cons
Long hours to meet the demand of the mandate
5,0
Great company to work for, very educating. I was introduced to a financial institution and and the culture and working environment was educating. well balanced
Pros
free training
Cons
non
5,0
The organisation provides more insights to various businesses. Maintaining stakeholder relations is very key within this organisation as it will make your job much easier.
Pros
Various industry knowledge
Cons
Internal processes
4,0
Systematice and logical approach to business challenges with extensive stakeholders engagement to ensure success. Highly skilled and supportive management team. great organizational culture to fit in easily. A great platform to explore, learn and grow
Pros
intersting and fullfilling
Cons
melow market related salaries
4,0
empowering workplace where one learn new things every day. The company plays a good role in growing its employees through attendance of training and workshops.
Pros
empowerment of employees through training
Cons
administration tasks
1,0
Seda is a very good organisation to work for and is a fun work place with supportive management structure and staff that likes to work together as a team.
Pros
In house trainings and personal development opportunities
Cons
Lots of paper work
5,0
Challenging and always learn new things.Engaging with different practitioners gives one an opportunity to learn more about their different experiences.

Being a parastatal is limiting management to express themselves on managerial expectise.

50% of staff are only working for themselves and not for the organisation meaning they have a don't care attitude and sometimes they are more concern on the targets and not quality.

The hardest part of my job is to convince people of new approach or initiatives.

Achieving and changing the way people see things.
Pros
Good learning environment
Cons
Silo mentality
4,0
Hectic and demanding. Enhanced my skill about entrepreneurship development. Working with diverse people needs strong leadership qualities. One need to mix both management and leadership skills to deal with the daily situation. Most employees are lazy to work and will allways try trics not to work or achieve on their targets. Dealing with difficult and untrustworthy employee is very difficult which need strong leadership. When more entrepreeurs growned their businesses intems of increase in assests, employment and turnover they toughed me possitively.

Leadership is not a position but action.
Pros
Positive feedback from some of the clients
Cons
Long and hard working hours