Smollan Group

Smollan Group Employee Reviews

South Africa123 reviews
3,0
Smollan is a good company however their salaries are not benchmarked. they are passionate about developing people. management styles vary from person to person but transformational leadership is the most practised style.
5,0
The job was amazing, lovable I really enjoyed working with them.learned a lot while on the field even though it was tiring at time but I
loved it.management team were so loveable.
Pros
free lunch
2,0
They sell people lies and once you inside thats where you notice that everything was a lie,From the job you applied for to your salary and now that you desperately need a job you don't have much of a say
4,0
When it came to time they didn't have a way to track if u at work in time and u live work in time. Management u only see the once a month and meeting only if the is a training or a problem.
5,0
It was the best job I’ve had . Very flexible and trainings were provided which made it way easier for the job to be done .
Always had a chance to be heard as a worker .
3,0
I'm a hard work enjoy to work as team respect each ather able to solve problems always coming with new idea prepare for next day at work make it ea
1,0
I worked at smollans group for 5 years it started off pretty well i loved and enjoyed working for them.The 3 other years working for them was pain .The salary went down instead of it increasing. I would say it was slavery more work less pay.They should just close it they use their works as if they are no humans.
3,0
Worked with some great managers, always understanding and always willing to help but the only thing i couldn't handle was my salary. The salary was just to little for me, I couldn't even afford a second hand car
2,0
No growth within the group and salary too low. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. Hours are too long for a low salary and workload.
5,0
I learn a lot of the FMCG market
Lots of opportunities at Smolaan

If you green you grow

Top management

there is a family culture

Opportunities to study further

Lots of trainings
3,0
I am working for TBFS instore but i will love to change and do other staff so working with alcohol can be new to me but with almost 14 years in a company i can relate my employement number is 21243
5,0
I am a young and vibrant candidate who is willing to face any challenges and opportunities. I have completed my matric in 2005 with a good endorsement pass. I have completed a computer literary certificate.
5,0
Best company frindly.. Their managers are good... And i enjoy to spend my time there.. The problem was the salary was not good enough for me.. Coz i have many problems
Pros
Better
Cons
Smollan
2,0
Apart from everything at Smollan I learnt about the true basics of interacting with people you meeting for the first time(customers) learnt to adapt to any working environment without no pressure, learnt to treat complaining customers and deal with them the most level headed as possible
Pros
Cons
paid overtime
3,0
busy days, lots of admin work. work/personal life balance needs work.
company provides training, but doesnt always follow the training provided.

hardest part is dealing with all the different personalities from clients and store managers.
2,0
Smollan isn't treating us fairly when it comes to salaries.because I have been working there for the past 8 years but am still earning less than R4000.and according to online jobs the fieldmarketer position is paid R8000 upward but am a fieldmarker but getting half of this money
3,0
Its a good company that I can refer someone to work for. Its a different working environment compared to some and most companies. Their uniform is good.
4,0
The Culture at Smollan is what attracted me. When not formally meeting Clients, one is allowed to wear Casual clothing which makes you feel more comfortable and ultimately increases your productivity.
1,0
Management very fine
I learned a lot and gain lot of experience

The Job was enjoyable and interesting

Hardest part of the job its when fighting about the space with your competitor

The job is very challenging
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
5,0
Excellent company to work for they value their people, great management, approachable and dependable.
Company that treats all employees with respect regardless of what your position is.
5,0
Been nominated for the employees of the month and worked for six years as a Field Marketer . I was employed as a Merchandiser and later became assistant delivery driver then get promoted as a Field Marketer .