Smollan Group

Smollan Group Management reviews

South Africa123 reviews
3,0
Smollan is a good company however their salaries are not benchmarked. they are passionate about developing people. management styles vary from person to person but transformational leadership is the most practised style.
5,0
The job was amazing, lovable I really enjoyed working with them.learned a lot while on the field even though it was tiring at time but I
loved it.
management team were so loveable.
Pros
free lunch
2,0
They sell people lies and once you inside thats where you notice that everything was a lie,From the job you applied for to your salary and now that you desperately need a job you don't have much of a say
4,0
When it came to time they didn't have a way to track if u at work in time and u live work in time. Management u only see the once a month and meeting only if the is a training or a problem.
5,0
I learn a lot of the FMCG market
Lots of opportunities at Smolaan

If you green you grow

Top management
there is a family culture
Opportunities to study further

Lots of trainings
Management very fine
I learned a lot and gain lot of experience
The Job was enjoyable and interesting

Hardest part of the job its when fighting about the space with your competitor

The job is very challenging
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
5,0
Excellent company to work for they value their people, great management, approachable and dependable.
Company that treats all employees with respect regardless of what your position is.
4,0
In store communication activities, planograms, Stock rotation customer relations, resource management, cycle activities. Emphasis on VAMPPS - Volume, Availability, Merchandising, Pricing, Promotion and Space
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
5,0
Receipts and Dispatch using the warehouse management system dealing with 7 reps everyday making sure that my workplace is clean and safe at all times everyday.
Pros
No free lunch
3,0
typical work day is fast paced report intensive
coaching and effective management of staff
how to be a more effective manager
how to chair a hearing

healthy office workplace enviroment

lots of changes

interaction between business units
Pros
many business units
Cons
limited movement across business units
3,0
Busy job, handle alot of different accounts. Great experience Learnt, management was very organised. Out of the office mostly so cant say much on the workplace, Hardest part there was to many accounts to manage.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Salary
1,0
The working condition I got was bad because at firts my uniform was not completely isuued to me. Working in a fridge with just a shirt and jearsy. Not much time to eat.
Pros
Cons
You could do up the 3 stores a day
4,0
The benefits are one of a kind and the place is a fun place to be at. Its a wonderful environment with all good things happening in the workplace. I woul recommend it to people should they begood time management skills.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Time management needs to be a skill
5,0
Fulfilling customer expectation through customer service and ethical work standards, following direct instructions and being productive unsupervised, adapting to work environment and excelling under pressure, multitasking is the most enjoyable because of the fast paced retail industry.
Pros
Opportunity for development and growth
Cons
less contact with senior management
5,0
I'm working for a very nice company who reall looks after their staff, but management is not all living according to the Smollan Values which makes it an unhappy place to be at for most of your day.
Pros
Free lunch provided by company
Cons
Unfair treatment
2,0
Know the smollan values and live these values .I was at Pfi.The regional managers was nowhere. Manager resign as a lack of leadership at pioneerfoods division.
Benefits
Cons
Working from monday to sunday
4,0
challenged to be effective,I learnt more abouth cloud technologies.I had a great management who'll offer you capacity to grow.it was a very fun place and lovely.
Pros
Free lunch
5,0
For me Smollan is a great company full of opportunities and growth. its has been a great experience being with the company. theres a great atmosphere with good staff and management is the best..
1,0
Since I started with the company I never received any support on the field from my Management and to make things worse, they didn't pay me my salary at the end of the month.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management
4,0
I like working at Smollan group but money is not enough and management is very oppressive.
Otherwise their incentive is better but it is not enough for someone with family.
3,0
It was good working with the company.it was educational.i learnt how to work under pressure and how to reach deadline.i learned how to order and uplift returns to their respective companies.i learned about customer service.how to hanle customer quiries and resolving them.building good working relationship with the store management
Pros
Their employer benefits
Cons
Changing stores
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smollan Group. Our community is ready to answer.
3,6