Smollan
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Smollan Employee Reviews

South Africa118 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

smollan is able to give its employees an opportunity to be independent at work place

management at smollan are supportive to their employees, this is because we dont get to work with them everyday, and many parties are involve, retail stores being smollans costumer and supplier's (danone, premier, twinsaver...etc) being thier clients. each and every company has its manner of operating, this i have learnt through the call cycles meetings we had every year.

Pros

There are no free lunches unless at orientation meeting.

Cons

8hrs straight

Competitive & Challenging fun

The company is well established, it's employers and employees are most likely to make you feel comfortable and and are very respectful and responsible

Great Company to work at

Company culture and values for employees is amazing and allows growth for an individual. The salary is exceptional as it has a basic salary and Commission structure.

Very Toxic Management

Top Management very toxic.Alot of cover up , Management just get moved to cover up their mistakes and grievances. Great company just the pressure if you are not liked.

Pros

Great Company

Cons

You don't get recognized because of rotten management

Productive and Colaborative work Environment

Working @ Smollan as an Admin Assistant was educational. My first time having to work in an office, and yet everything seemed to require attention to detail and time schedule , especially working with promoters clock in times.Nevertheless, the experience was exactly what I needed.Thanks.

Productive work place

I enjoyed working there it was I great working environment although sometimes if you have a manager that isn’t up to date then your pay won’t be up to date

Pros

Good pay, not so long hours

Cons

Not being booked to work

Team work and time management it on hight level

Working at Smollan was good although it was a learnership for me, if I get the chance again I will grab it with my both hands. Easy job and fair hourly rate.

Not a great company to work for, family owned and tend to favour people of a certain group

Family owned business. Only certain people we allowed to grow.Large organization with weak systems Senior management was below averageBenefit and pay was below industry norm

Pros

nothing

Cons

senior management was weak

I never got my uniform and I worked in cold temperatures, the salary is just okay but demands someone who is willing to take an extra mile for the company.

My journey

I was really happy to work for smollan I never had any problems with my rep and I wish you can let me know if anything is available.Your company have good to people when it comes to management.

Productive and Willingness to learn

One of the best companies I have ever worked for. The culture is amazing, stick to the mission and vision of the Company, its values, and just have the willingness to learn and and go the extra mile, you will definitely grow.

Professional workplace

You need to be on time and follow the rules they pay well for hours.Always report back and keep your supervisor updated at all times.I loved working for smollan and my supervisor was veru helpful throughout my time working for them i would love to work for them again.

Pros

Fair lunch time

fun work place, get used to different environments

work 5 hours per dayget exposed to different people and personalities training and material is made easy and understandable hardest part is working while standing up healthy and safe working environments

Sales business as per usual

Different BU's, different culture. Management across BU's is not standardised. Our Client went through restructure which forced us to do so too. My 3 years in the company was more about surviving than growth. Growth was more intangible because I only got to realize my strength, and the amount of pressure I am able to deal with but the manner in which I thrived in adversity was only recognized via mouth and not in a form of promotion or money. I was doing more than people that had higher ranks than I did consistently. People will use you to their benefit and once they are done with you they will brush you aside.

Pros

I personally was not Micro Managed.

Cons

If you are really committed it's hard to manage work and life

Company image does not match company culture. Some business units are toxic. Unhealthy management system

Some business units are toxic. Pay for administrative posts are not equal, depends on your race. Management does not provide a safe speak up environment. No work life balance, bullying in the workplace serious issue. Subtle racism/discrimination in terms of positions, salaries and how you are treated big issue.

Fun work place

Enjoyed working there . you meet new people everyday and learn something new everyday. Customers are nice few rude ones but overall a great company to work at

Productive workplace

Salary is not enough at call centre, and there is no overtime where u can make extra funds.Smollan is a big companyThere is a gym at work like for every one with the cleaner can also have fun there

Pros

Xmas party organised by Indians

Cons

The rich become richer and the poor become poorer

Long hours little money

Long hours little money boring working environment its a long story for another day corrupt hiring process and bais managers commission being robbed

Productive and manageable

I found it professional working with clients and customers, learned how to approach customers and provide them with their request. Is nice working in the company, absolute support.

Fun workplace.

Making sales needs different ways and different platforms to get to your customer and be able to communicate also building co-operative bond with each customer. Salary depends on your effort as there is commission per sale.

Pros

Salary depends on you.

Cons

Targets

Self empowerment

Motivates to go extra mile, to push youself as an individual to reach places at a higher ground. Working with DIFFERENT people, engaging with customers, maintaining a healthier relationship with customers, employee from DIFFERENT COMPANIES and store managers was soooo exciting . I LOVED WORKING THERE. AND SO WISH TO WORK THERE AGAIN

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Shortage of stuff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smollan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,2 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,2 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,5 out of 5 stars for Management
3,6 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Smollan
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?