SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

You need to be a very professional person. Have a drive and willingness to learn and a great safe working experience. A always safety policy must be a priority.
Pros
Always be on a target to support and finish up your project.
It's a great pleasure to join a team(SNC-Lavalin) that was well welcoming and friendly it made stay easier and with the little period I've worked there, I've learned a lot within my career and as a person
Pros
The support I've got from the management and team members was superb
Cons
Good condition environment. Safety first, good production, time management and making sure you go home safe and everyone around you being capable to finish your task
Pros
Sometimes getting free lunch
Cons
Short break drinking water, toilet. health care
Having to get to work and feel the sense of belonging there, is what i enjoy at work. Being interactive with your team mates and being able to make it easy to communicate and share work ideas
It's a good company working in a interesting environment (refinary) learn new things every day....and the salary was good ...but it's not easy for them to trust someone doesn't have a back ground of refinary.
Essential to ensure client is looked after and projects on site are closed timeously. Very task driven environment , however very satisfying been able to offer professionalism and completed projects on time.
SNC lavalin is a good company to work for safe is very important in site I really wish I can go back to the company and work for my family and I know the importance of safety on site
A well structured construction company and a well established business environment or work place to suit your needs an employee, with outstanding management systems for the benefit of the company as a whole.
The environment is fast paced, you have to learn on your feet, meet deadlines and please clients. There is a lot of room for growth, the only thing holding the company back in SA is lack of professionalism and good work etiquette. Safety is the number one priority.
From morning to afternoon we work well cos the supervisor make sure we work according to a job description They manage very well and make sure safety first in everything we do
In the morning we start off with our tool box talks and everbody there is excited and have an input in the tool box talk. I remember when one of the team mates were conducting a toolbox talk he included jokes in it which makes it fun. I learned that working as a team can reduce the amount of work to be done and I also learned a few things working in a PLANT because I come from a Depot backround within Petrochemical. Workplace culture is fun and everyone that I know in SNC-Lavalin is just happy and bubbly considering hard work and being pro-active. I cannot really say that there is part of the job that is hard because I enjoy a challenge,that is what makes me enjoy what I do as Health, Safety and Environmetal Professional.
It was just wonderful time working at SNC-Lavalin. Good working condition and safety is first priority, as we all know that the well done job is the safely done job.
.Be on time at work always .Do you job perfect and clean . Alwaya do house keeping, everything on its place. . Inspect each and every tools before you use it . Use the correct tool the task
Working vat SNC was good although its was a short period of time .your safety comes first there they make sure that the employers work in a good condition.
I would recommend SNC - Lavalin any time. I absolutely loved my job and is heart breaking to leave. Unfortunately Sasol stopped all for due to financial difficulties, and therefore i need to search new employment.
Good company nice people and very assisting in dificult areas of work and understanding employer takes employees in consideration and great working enviroment.
The work is always underquoted and underestimated and because of that it is always under pressure and that creates a bad environment and because of that, it is not really a good place to be.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Highly rewarding job in cosmopolitan environment. The hardest part of the job is working away from family as work constitutes project work at sites away from home.
Pros
Free accommodation
Cons
Long hours including weekends
I am milwrighter artisan.I am performing mechanical and electrical job in the company.Actually I'm working to department in the company.I am able to work on hieght and on confront space.
Pros
Sometimes not always
Cons
Sometimes
When working for snc lavalin you have to follow safety rules all the time and its a good company were you can learn many things as for me i learned a lot from them for me its a place where i will like to work as many years as i can as long they have job for me.
Pros
Our lunch it used to be at 12 at sasol secunda
Cons
I used to work 6:00 to 6:00 in shutdown then GO i used to work 7:00 to 17:30
I found SNC Lavalin to be a professional workplace to be in because most the employees (co-workers) was well educated and that made the everyday tasks easier because of streamline cooperation between individual draftsmen. The projects abroad were done to a high standard of engineering services. Unfortunately despite the fast growth of 500 engineering staff and due to poor planning, the company did not foresee the economic meltdown that arises and had to close their department in SA. Overall a good learning period.
Pros
Work outside SA offices
Cons
Not enough long term work in SA
  1. Employee Reviews