South 32

South 32 Employee Reviews

Interesting

Quit challenging experience with more emphasis driving on health and safety of employees. Their salaries are market related with relatively good benefits.

Pros

Safety Hampers

Cons

Retrenchments

Fast pace environment

Well organised, strict rule orientated structures, policies and procedures. We are a good team at Metalloys! Good communication with suppliers and contractors

Pros

Close to home, medical aid, pension fund

Cons

Manganese dust

Productive and fun

This workplace is very productive and you learn a lot. its nice,you learn a lot about other people and their cultures and beliefs. you also get to meet different people from other countries.

Pros

Getting study assisstance

Cons

Distance

Competitive salaries

Very competitive market related salaries in comparison to rest of South Africa. Plant runs 24 hours and has 12 hour shift cycles. Office staff work 5 day week from7.30am-4.30pm. Plant maintains very high HSEQ standards thereby reducing risks and creating a safer working environment. Not following company rules rules and standards is viewed very seriously. Company invests in employees via training and helping staff further their studies.

Pros

High competitive salaries

Cons

Plant could be better maintained

Working There

It was a nice company to work for. Wish I could have stayed longer. It had a good environment to work for. Nice benefits. Nice culture. It has enabled me to have some amazing exposure to people from different countries, culture and work ethics.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Advancement

Competence

I have 5 years relevant experience working as a loco operator and working shunt rail vehicles, operate a train equipped with a vacuum brake systems and operate a train equipped with a pneumatic controlled air brake system

Pros

Nqf

Cons

7to 7

Positive Working Environment

Best GM ever as he allows me to work independent. He trusts my judgement and always praises a job well done. He also encourage me to get involve in community projects. Being involved in projects is awesome and even better if the outcome and feedback from co-workers are positive. I am very approachable and people come into my office to either request assistance or to have a personal conversation, to complain about a work related problem or to ask advice of whatever kind. The hardest part of this job is to avoid conflict as there is always that one or two colleagues who just have the ability to annoy you. Sometimes you need to knock on one of the Manager's door for assistance if I do not get my daily reports in time to update our electronic production screens. I also love to put a huge effort in for days like "casual day", "67 minutes for Mandela", "Easter time handing out easter eggs", "Tree planting day", "Bosses Day" etc.

Pros

The positive and thankful feedback of employees are great.

Cons

Sometimes there is a financial issue and a project needs to cancell

fun work place and a lot of good exposure

I had an opportunity to act as Superintendent i was exposed to top management and was part of decision making that had a good impact on the company

good company with positive plans and a few challenges hindering those plans

although being a very prestigious company, there is a lot of protocols to observe, which makes the decision taking process a slow and painfull one.

Pros

Big Name

Cons

Top heavy Organizational Structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South 32. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• South 32