South 32

South Africa9 reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & Benefits

Interesting

Quit challenging experience with more emphasis driving on health and safety of employees. Their salaries are market related with relatively good benefits.

Pros

Safety Hampers

Cons

Retrenchments

Working There

It was a nice company to work for. Wish I could have stayed longer. It had a good environment to work for. Nice benefits. Nice culture. It has enabled me to have some amazing exposure to people from different countries, culture and work ethics.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Advancement

Positive Working Environment

Best GM ever as he allows me to work independent. He trusts my judgement and always praises a job well done. He also encourage me to get involve in community projects. Being involved in projects is awesome and even better if the outcome and feedback from co-workers are positive. I am very approachable and people come into my office to either request assistance or to have a personal conversation, to complain about a work related problem or to ask advice of whatever kind. The hardest part of this job is to avoid conflict as there is always that one or two colleagues who just have the ability to annoy you. Sometimes you need to knock on one of the Manager's door for assistance if I do not get my daily reports in time to update our electronic production screens. I also love to put a huge effort in for days like "casual day", "67 minutes for Mandela", "Easter time handing out easter eggs", "Tree planting day", "Bosses Day" etc.

Pros

The positive and thankful feedback of employees are great.

Cons

Sometimes there is a financial issue and a project needs to cancell

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South 32. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• South 32