South 32

South Africa9 reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & Benefits

Positive Working Environment

Best GM ever as he allows me to work independent. He trusts my judgement and always praises a job well done. He also encourage me to get involve in community projects. Being involved in projects is awesome and even better if the outcome and feedback from co-workers are positive. I am very approachable and people come into my office to either request assistance or to have a personal conversation, to complain about a work related problem or to ask advice of whatever kind. The hardest part of this job is to avoid conflict as there is always that one or two colleagues who just have the ability to annoy you. Sometimes you need to knock on one of the Manager's door for assistance if I do not get my daily reports in time to update our electronic production screens. I also love to put a huge effort in for days like "casual day", "67 minutes for Mandela", "Easter time handing out easter eggs", "Tree planting day", "Bosses Day" etc.

Pros

The positive and thankful feedback of employees are great.

Cons

Sometimes there is a financial issue and a project needs to cancell

fun work place and a lot of good exposure

I had an opportunity to act as Superintendent i was exposed to top management and was part of decision making that had a good impact on the company

good company with positive plans and a few challenges hindering those plans

although being a very prestigious company, there is a lot of protocols to observe, which makes the decision taking process a slow and painfull one.

Pros

Big Name

Cons

Top heavy Organizational Structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South 32. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• South 32
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?