SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS Employee Reviews

South Africa178 reviews
5,0
All I can say is I LOVED MY COMPANY AND MY WORK!!!
I enjoyed working with customers and their different personalities, attitudes and culture because i learned a lot from them. The hardest part was delivering bad news to customers, like delays.
4,0
The work is amazing, fast paced and exciting. Everyday you get something new happening, in terms of new instructions. Dealing with the global market. Aviation sector has so many layers
Pros
Global market, dynamic, fast paced
Cons
Politics
4,0
I have gained extensive experience within the industry.
I am able to work as a team member or on my own.

It's been an awesome journey. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

I am blessed to work with spending
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Poor customer ssd
4,0
South African airways is a wonderful airline to work for, it taught me a lot about customer care and customer focus, how to go an extra mile to make cudtomers happy, it taught me how to be a team player and the importance of being on time, all the time
Pros
Workbwith different people and travel to the different places
Cons
You not always at home
4,0
Great Company to work for , great benefits, great people, great work environment and work culture. people always willing and able to assist.

the work hours was great worked shifts, means more time to yourself and time to study,very flexible with the kids.

traveled and got to see the world.
5,0
It is world class company that is driven with an African image. Working with good team players with a drive to exceed customer satisfaction. Friendly people with good smiles at all times.
3,0
great place to work at , you meet different cultures , its extremely fast paced as everything circle around minutes , sad part though is that favoritism is very much real . other than that , it teaches us discipline , customer services , working in a group as well as alone ,
Pros
good salary
Cons
no real growth
5,0
E njoyed working customer face to face .meeting different customer from different countries and helping them with directions at the airport.It help me to adapt to different cultures.
5,0
SAA is a very good company to work for , however their senior management i can not say the same ...Lot of unfairness , nepotism is a practice .
People are not being promoted by their skills but due to favouritism.
4,0
Great culture, Great benefits, great environment to work in. Open opportunities. Different departments of choice. Great salary offers. Open for Growth
4,0
Provides educational funding opportunities, sabbatical leave and exposure to the world. The staff turnover rate is low, which makes career advancement slow.
Overall an amazing company to work for.
5,0
Typical day at work involves meeting and managing many new people.I learned to listen more speak less and think before I do when I do.I learned to be greatful for the best job in the world.I learned to how to think creatively,mediate and solve problems quickly.The workplace culture is dynamic,cosmopolitan and collaborative.The hardest part of the job is managing your sleep!A skill that I regrettably underestimated for many years.The most enjoyable part of my job is the interesting people,multiple learning experiences,the freedom in managing my crew,the dynamic nature of the job itself, and ofcourse the exciting and beautiful destinations.
Pros
The Entire job is a pro
Cons
Sleep deprivation which must be strictly managed with great discilpline
3,0
I was very exciting to work here. the experience I have got here was very amazing, if only our jobs could have been saved by hard working executives in the company.
Pros
very good
4,0
time management we work with urgency and time.

patience

Teamwork and support from management

very diverse

difficult customer

travel the world
5,0
Taking care of our customers
Internal and external

Religious

Uniqueness

Love
5,0
Very happy and proud south African airways..eager to daily report for duty. Awesome team and we are based in a friendly city which only makes us more friendly to our customers
3,0
A typical day at work will consist of clearing the Q for bookings that need to be confirmed and endorsed. Making sure all the staff are present and if not, checking to see what work they are holding for the day or that needs to be "worked" on. Going through emails and taking calls/making calls when necessary. Corresponding with revenue management for confirmation of bookings, inserting fares into the bookings. I have an awesome team of 7 staff, we get along well and have been together for 20 years. we work together as team and a lot of support is given whether it be work or personal. we have an amazing relationship with the agents/clients, we try and assist agents with securing the business for SAA (a lot of liaising internally).
The hardest part of the job is getting clients to travel on SAA when there are so many airlines competing out there.

Managing the leave and sick leave and filling in where possible.

The best park of the job is definitely building relationships with the agents.
Pros
Consessions for staff, SAA offers a pension and pays portion of medical aid
Cons
Cannot work flexi hours - travel agents only workiing from 9-17h00
4,0
It is a highly competitive environment where customers have many flight options to choose from so you have to convince them that buying a ticket with you is the best decision they can make for their journey. Meeting new customers and helping returning ones is rewarding and fun.
Pros
Meeting new and different customers on a daily basis
Cons
Working on week-ends until late
5,0
SAA is a good company, the work ethics are impeccable, you intact with managers it does not matter at what level they are.
the environment is such that you learn new thing everyday and about the business itself.
Pros
good learning inviroment
5,0
everybody needs to work together, many a times you are left alone like nobody cares and nothing gets done about . Most individuals do as they please , hopefully things will change in the days to come.
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
long hours, work on weekends, shifts, and even night shift
4,0
Great work environment where you get to meet a lot of different people. Most people are very friendly and easy to work with. If you don't mind the weather then Outside is a great place to work.