SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS
SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS Employee Review

Great company to work for, great workplace culture

17 August 2017
Because it is a national airline, everyone plays a part in ensuring that SAA renders world class service to all its customers. Normal 08h00 - 16h30 office based jobs are enjoyable and there's a sense of stability. Operations-based jobs are highly pressurized, shift environments where each day is different. The hours can be long, and the time away from family can be taxing on an individual. Cabin Crew are an absent workforce, who work irregular hours and are sometimes away from home for very long periods.
5,0
4,0
Pros
Great benefits for staff
Cons
Poor packages and benefits for management staff
15 October 2020
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
I enjoy my time while working for South Africa airways, staff members are very welcome, you feel like home even on your first day, all and all it was best experience of my life.
Pros
Contract
Cons
8 hours
2,0
29 August 2020
Senoir Purser (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
I left SAA in March 2000. Then it was a succesfull and flourishing business. Unfortunately lately it seems that all has changed for the worts. SAA was the benchmark of all international travel when I joined Now I hope they will survive....
Pros
Aeroplane food leftovers
Cons
Long hours and challenging customers.
3 July 2020
Acting Planner (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
I have gained extensive experience within the industry. I am able to work as a team member or on my own. It's been an awesome journey. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ I am blessed to work with spending
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Poor customer ssd