SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS
4,1 out of 5 stars.

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS Employee Reviews

Worked hard early morning late nights to try and get on time performance. Enjoyed being a ramp agent. Learnt a lot and each day was a different day in that you always learnt something new.
Pros
Training on different department aviation; avoiding accidents, keep current in training requirements.
Cons
Corruption from the top.
I enjoy my time while working for South Africa airways, staff members are very welcome, you feel like home even on your first day, all and all it was best experience of my life.
Pros
Contract
Cons
8 hours
The staff are amazing we worked well together as a team when we where faces with delayed /technical flights long ques and irate passengers youve got to have a passion for the airline industry and comes with lots of sacrifices .
Cons
I left SAA in March 2000. Then it was a succesfull and flourishing business. Unfortunately lately it seems that all has changed for the worts. SAA was the benchmark of all international travel when I joined Now I hope they will survive....
Pros
Aeroplane food leftovers
Cons
Long hours and challenging customers.
All I can say is I LOVED MY COMPANY AND MY WORK!!! I enjoyed working with customers and their different personalities, attitudes and culture because i learned a lot from them. The hardest part was delivering bad news to customers, like delays.
The work is amazing, fast paced and exciting. Everyday you get something new happening, in terms of new instructions. Dealing with the global market. Aviation sector has so many layers
Pros
Global market, dynamic, fast paced
Cons
Politics
I have gained extensive experience within the industry. I am able to work as a team member or on my own. It's been an awesome journey. 🙏🙏🙏🙏 I am blessed to work with spending
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Poor customer ssd
South African airways is a wonderful airline to work for, it taught me a lot about customer care and customer focus, how to go an extra mile to make cudtomers happy, it taught me how to be a team player and the importance of being on time, all the time
Pros
Workbwith different people and travel to the different places
Cons
You not always at home
Great Company to work for , great benefits, great people, great work environment and work culture. people always willing and able to assist. the work hours was great worked shifts, means more time to yourself and time to study,very flexible with the kids. traveled and got to see the world.
I enjoyed working there because my manager even said he noticed that I really love to work with different people,I learned how to handle different customers with different needs,management was good,the workplace was competitive and I like that,the hard part of the job was when I had to accompany passengers to the aircraft in a bad weather,working with people and different cultures was the best part
It is world class company that is driven with an African image. Working with good team players with a drive to exceed customer satisfaction. Friendly people with good smiles at all times.
great place to work at , you meet different cultures , its extremely fast paced as everything circle around minutes , sad part though is that favoritism is very much real . other than that , it teaches us discipline , customer services , working in a group as well as alone ,
Pros
good salary
Cons
no real growth
E njoyed working customer face to face .meeting different customer from different countries and helping them with directions at the airport.It help me to adapt to different cultures.
SAA is a very good company to work for , however their senior management i can not say the same ...Lot of unfairness , nepotism is a practice . People are not being promoted by their skills but due to favouritism.
Great culture, Great benefits, great environment to work in. Open opportunities. Different departments of choice. Great salary offers. Open for Growth
its a very wonderful experience . a company with good service delivery and warm welcoming staff. a beautiful team and people to work with at all times. showing the world the beautiful spirit of the ubuntu, taking africa to the world and bringing the world to africa
Provides educational funding opportunities, sabbatical leave and exposure to the world. The staff turnover rate is low, which makes career advancement slow. Overall an amazing company to work for.
- My day can be unpredictable - It is important to be a team player - I have a good relationship with management - It can be hostile at times - Life Balance and Work are not balanced 90% I'm at work - Not being able study for a degree or diploma, I can only study 6 months courses - When I am being able to be a productive employee
Cons
Typical day at work involves meeting and managing many new people.I learned to listen more speak less and think before I do when I do.I learned to be greatful for the best job in the world.I learned to how to think creatively,mediate and solve problems quickly.The workplace culture is dynamic,cosmopolitan and collaborative.The hardest part of the job is managing your sleep!A skill that I regrettably underestimated for many years.The most enjoyable part of my job is the interesting people,multiple learning experiences,the freedom in managing my crew,the dynamic nature of the job itself, and ofcourse the exciting and beautiful destinations.
Pros
The Entire job is a pro
Cons
Sleep deprivation which must be strictly managed with great discilpline
J'ai travaillé dans un environement ou les chefs encouragent les agents au quotidiens a produire de bon résultats. Une réunion des chefs de Département se tenaient tout les débuts de semaines pour évaluer la performance de l'agence. Chaque agent était régulièrement noté sur son travail pour évaluer sa performance.
I was very exciting to work here. the experience I have got here was very amazing, if only our jobs could have been saved by hard working executives in the company.
Pros
very good