SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

It is world class company that is driven with an African image. Working with good team players with a drive to exceed customer satisfaction. Friendly people with good smiles at all times.
The staff are amazing we worked well together as a team when we where faces with delayed /technical flights long ques and irate passengers youve got to have a passion for the airline industry and comes with lots of sacrifices .
Cons
It is a highly competitive environment where customers have many flight options to choose from so you have to convince them that buying a ticket with you is the best decision they can make for their journey. Meeting new customers and helping returning ones is rewarding and fun.
Pros
Meeting new and different customers on a daily basis
Cons
Working on week-ends until late
Exposure to a multitude of cultures, people with different backgrounds and places was the most exciting part of the job because my education was infinite! Every day was a day full of possibilities. To enjoy this job you have to be open for anything that comes your way, but stand strong and be firm in your key performance areas. You are ultimately a safety officer and should never compromise the safety of those you are meant to protect and serve. Always go for a win-win solution than to discriminate or choose sides. Remember that word of mouth advertising sometimes bring in more revenue than paid advertising. Be honest and true to your company, but also to your customer.
Pros
Free traveling. Exposure to different cultures. Exclusive shopping. Meeting loads of people.
Cons
Long hours. Insufficient rest. Adapting to different time zones is difficult.
The time was great learning a lot of people skills from the co -workers , they are set on getting the best out off their workers . Working hours were long but enjoyable . the workers was mixed ( Africans , Coulred , Whites , Moslums ) .Hardes part was when they told us we were placed with permanent workers .
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Resuming for duty everyday at work excites me.I have a great passion for executing my daily tasks and responsibilities. My job description overall is tracking and tracing missing or mishandled shipment for South African Airways and to find a resolve quick and efficient for client satisfaction.As part of the investigation process i have learned to always proceed methodically cover all bases with speed and determination.The assistance of our management team plays a vital part for a positive outcome with all related queries.Our management team is always ready to assist, guide and advise. Our work place culture at SAA Cargo Cape Town International is always with the same goal in mind excellent customer service delivery,moving the shipment safely and intact from point A to point B. The assistance of relevant role players when solving a query internal and third party comes with its own challenges and that is one of the hardest parts of the job. Being part of a vibrant team who thrives on always rendering an excellent standard of customer service makes that the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
All the amazing benefits, travelling rebates
Start working early in morning very busy,i have learn discipline on time management SAA has a lot of managers on the ground to make sure operations runs smoothly,we have good cultural diversity serving people is our main culture,the very hardest part of the job is when there is a flight delayed or cancelled,the most enjoyable part of the job is when you help or give passengers good service and they compliment you,and when they write back an email of compliment
Pros
discounted ticket for you & your family & friends
Cons
shifts, delays, long hours sometimes
At the airport most pupil are felicitous, and some are sad we always strive to make sure that our customers have a memorable experience and travel to their final destination safe
Pros
Group launches, Team buildings
Cons
Flexible hours
Customer Service Representative Job Duties attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions, suggesting information about other products and services. Opens customer accounts by recording account information. Maintains customer records by updating account information. Provide customers with information they need
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Good place to work, if managed properly. Needs good leaderhip . good enviroment culture. Growth can be stagnated. Training and development need more attention to uplift employees
Pros
good benefits
I had a good balance working for this company. No day was ever the same. It was a very fast paced industry in which I have been multi skilled and could work in all areas. I have learned to work independently and was a self starter. I was a good team player and got along well with my co - workers .The hardest part was to make sure that everything was done on time and to the best of my ability. The most enjoyable part was to interact with the passengers and to help them with their problems they might have.
Pros
Discounted tickets to see the world
Cons
Sign in on the computer. Monitor cabin crew sign on for their specific flights and various other duties. Unaccopunted staff to be replaced by relief staff. The airline is a complex of departments that all worked like a wheel centered around a hub called operations and human intervention with electronic support. Management was there to make sure the operations ran smoothly and sort out the day to day problems that would occur from time to time and to keep the wheels rolling. My co-workers were like a well knit team that could be relied on to fill the void when needed without any hitches in the flow of the ongoing operations. The hardest part of the job was to satisfy the individuals that had a problem. There was times you had noway you could help them, as you had no relief staff to do the job. Sorting out problems when the staff went on strike. The passengers did not see it eye to eye and would always compare our airline to other airlines just to prove a point of imcompetence. Also, to end a shift at almost midnight and to then report back to work at 4 am the next morning. The travelling to and from work in the dark, ment you had to be on constant alert of your surroundings as you travelled passed dangerously populated areas that was controlled by very rough people (gangsters) and this made your life very difficult and at times you felt threatened, but the job had to go on. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see the crew happily off on their way to their aircraft and to make sure it would take off ontime. When the crew came back from a long haul flight, they - more...
Pros
Coffe breaks, Thank you gifts from happy staff. Every day is a challenge in itself.
Cons
To be stuck without alternatives and then having to cause delays, that you have to account for, managent not seeing the bigger picture only wanting to save their statistics and ego.
A great way to interact with diverse people from all over the world. i learned so much about handling different types of people.
I enjoy working for Saa its nice company with the best crew but im not sure about the management side, since i have been there for more than 6years i enjoy myself and i was very safe place and company to work for and that goes for the people(crew) working with it was amazing people there
Pros
Birthday cards where the best there and bonus's
Cons
Its was long fun hours worse place where wew going to, there where best...!
I learned a great deal as I dealt with people from all walks of life from colleages to the President of the country then(Thabo Mbeki) and most of the Members of Paliament.
Pros
Loved
Cons
Shifts
I have learned a lot of things during my internship time at SAA, working there gave a detailed insight of how things are getting done in the airline companies and airport, i could actually apply the Theoretical knowledge i had from the University. for me that was Exciting and i felt like i was ready to take on the world.
Pros
Meeting Celebrities and people from all Spheres of life
Cons
Dealing with non English speaking clients