SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

I have gained extensive experience within the industry. I am able to work as a team member or on my own. It's been an awesome journey. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™ I am blessed to work with spending
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Poor customer ssd
I enjoy my time while working for South Africa airways, staff members are very welcome, you feel like home even on your first day, all and all it was best experience of my life.
Pros
Contract
Cons
8 hours
I left SAA in March 2000. Then it was a succesfull and flourishing business. Unfortunately lately it seems that all has changed for the worts. SAA was the benchmark of all international travel when I joined Now I hope they will survive....
Pros
Aeroplane food leftovers
Cons
Long hours and challenging customers.
South African airways is a wonderful airline to work for, it taught me a lot about customer care and customer focus, how to go an extra mile to make cudtomers happy, it taught me how to be a team player and the importance of being on time, all the time
Pros
Workbwith different people and travel to the different places
Cons
You not always at home
Great Company to work for , great benefits, great people, great work environment and work culture. people always willing and able to assist. the work hours was great worked shifts, means more time to yourself and time to study,very flexible with the kids. traveled and got to see the world.
SAA is a very good company to work for , however their senior management i can not say the same ...Lot of unfairness , nepotism is a practice . People are not being promoted by their skills but due to favouritism.
Provides educational funding opportunities, sabbatical leave and exposure to the world. The staff turnover rate is low, which makes career advancement slow. Overall an amazing company to work for.
Typical day at work involves meeting and managing many new people.I learned to listen more speak less and think before I do when I do.I learned to be greatful for the best job in the world.I learned to how to think creatively,mediate and solve problems quickly.The workplace culture is dynamic,cosmopolitan and collaborative.The hardest part of the job is managing your sleep!A skill that I regrettably underestimated for many years.The most enjoyable part of my job is the interesting people,multiple learning experiences,the freedom in managing my crew,the dynamic nature of the job itself, and ofcourse the exciting and beautiful destinations.
Pros
The Entire job is a pro
Cons
Sleep deprivation which must be strictly managed with great discilpline
A typical day at work will consist of clearing the Q for bookings that need to be confirmed and endorsed. Making sure all the staff are present and if not, checking to see what work they are holding for the day or that needs to be "worked" on. Going through emails and taking calls/making calls when necessary. Corresponding with revenue management for confirmation of bookings, inserting fares into the bookings. I have an awesome team of 7 staff, we get along well and have been together for 20 years. we work together as team and a lot of support is given whether it be work or personal. we have an amazing relationship with the agents/clients, we try and assist agents with securing the business for SAA (a lot of liaising internally). The hardest part of the job is getting clients to travel on SAA when there are so many airlines competing out there. Managing the leave and sick leave and filling in where possible. The best park of the job is definitely building relationships with the agents.
Pros
Consessions for staff, SAA offers a pension and pays portion of medical aid
Cons
Cannot work flexi hours - travel agents only workiing from 9-17h00
You learn each and every day,they always give you chance to learn on how to maintain, repair and troubleshoot all instruments equipments on an aircraft
If you're intending to work for the airline, you need to be a people's person. Be able to think on your feet. Have organisational skills and focus. Be customer orientated.
Great people and airline to work for, management leaves a lot to be desired. Due to the above reason (management) I am currently looking at other opportunities.
SAA has a lot of history and the people working here are great. I started as a Cabin crew member and worked myself up to training with the assistance of the company. I was equipped with the right skills and knowledge and now I am qualified.
Good people work there. They just need leadership training. The plans are done and everyone knows what needs to be done. Just let go and do it. Sometimes you need to spend your way out of a mess.
A typical day at SAA is to expect a different type of challenge daily. Some of the external issues in aviation exposes one to new dimensions on what you thought you knew. Management demanded high standards of each other and never ready to professionally engage on issues.Hardest part of the the job was lack of cooperation from other stations at times particularly where there is a third party representing the company. One enjoyed challenges and the ability to rise above them
south African airways is a fun place to work from but mostly business they mean business most of the time always have to be on time they don't tolerate late coming.
Pros
free lunch for trainees
The best airline to work for on the African continent. Saw the world and was offered the opportunity to travel extensively. Management are cadres, placed by government.
Pros
Medical aid, rebated travel
Cons
The most enjoyable part is traveling around the world using travelling packs. The company expenses in more on procurement. Rated best airline in Africa by Skytrax
Board your plane and prepare the cabin before passengers boarded. See to passengers needs during the flight and enforce inflight safety rules. Great culture amongst staff and you were part of a selected few to be recruited for this job. Long working hours but in return you got good allowances and work uniforms and accommodation in 5 star hotels while away from home. Learned a lot about human behavior and different cultures and countries.
Pros
Travelled the world
Cons
Away from home and family and friends.
very busy workplace that taught patience, being tolerate and problem solving. the company is fully focused on its internal staff. there is good relationship between employees that ensure strong teamwork. the hardest part of the Job is when you feel you can be more helpful to a customer but however you are restricted by the company policy and you need to be firm. the diverse culture from employees and passengers is the most enjoyable part of the job because you get to learn and see complex prospects about life in general
Pros
discounted travelling tickets
Cons
I'm a hard worker, but working at that place was the neared thing to beeng disabled. The hours are long crazy and they made us do all the work, and get payed close to nothing