SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS Employee Reviews in Kempton Park, Gauteng

The work is amazing, fast paced and exciting. Everyday you get something new happening, in terms of new instructions. Dealing with the global market. Aviation sector has so many layers
Pros
Global market, dynamic, fast paced
Cons
Politics
E njoyed working customer face to face .meeting different customer from different countries and helping them with directions at the airport.It help me to adapt to different cultures.
Great culture, Great benefits, great environment to work in. Open opportunities. Different departments of choice. Great salary offers. Open for Growth
I was very exciting to work here. the experience I have got here was very amazing, if only our jobs could have been saved by hard working executives in the company.
Pros
very good
SAA is a good company, the work ethics are impeccable, you intact with managers it does not matter at what level they are. the environment is such that you learn new thing everyday and about the business itself.
Pros
good learning inviroment
Cons
Great work environment where you get to meet a lot of different people. Most people are very friendly and easy to work with. If you don't mind the weather then Outside is a great place to work.
SAA wow, working there was like a dream. I love traveling so working there was a dream come true. Beautiful stuff to work with very professional management. I was happy to work there 😊
Pros
Travelling allowance
Cons
I enjoy it as you have to meet people from different cultures and background. As a national carrier SAA employees are very kind and love their work. There is also growth opportunities and training are done almost year for the competitive aviation industry.
Pros
Free air tickets for me and family
Cons
Irregular operations
We got to learn a lot when I was training at the company as a Aircraft Steel Structures apprentice. They taught us a lot about being very accurate with our work.
Pros
The work culture
Cons
Didn't get to complete my training
It has always been a pleasure to work for the National Airline. I'm proud to be involved in the business for so many years. The company give individuals enough opportunity to further their studies.
Pros
Flight consessions.
Cons
To comply to regulations is time consuming, but necessary.
This company fulfills a very important developmental mandate for SA. In he same way that British Airways do for the UK. It has until recently been ranked the best airline in the continent and the 4th best with customer service. The challenge has however been in ability to appoint internationally experienced aviation experts which is an important factor to compete internationally as well as to assist with the development of own internal industry related capabilities.
Pros
Very supportive and positive environment for hard working and committed employees
Cons
Can get a bit political and sometimes not commercially minde. However, with the introduction of the new Board of Directors and a new CEO, that appears to have been resolved.
Good company to work for to further one's career in aircraft mantenance. The training is world class and the aircraft are relatively new so one stays up to date with the latest technology.
Pros
Free tavel
Cons
Toxic culture
I was a ground hostess at first enjoying the interaction with the different nationalities of people. I love interaction with people of all cultures and ethnic groups, it is so stimulating. Boarding planes and helping unaccompanied minors and special treatment patients was on the agenda for the day. I learned that there's a big world out there with wonderful opportunities for every person. Management was very strict as expected working with people. You have to be, people can be complex. We were a large team working as one for the benefit of the company, keeping every passenger happy. Hardest part of the job is when a passenger is not happy, some people just can't be happy. The most enjoyable part is when you interact with all these different people getting to know more about their cultures and their countries. I always found this highly fascinating.
Pros
Getting to know the world on your doorstep
Cons
Plains that don't reach their destination
*Day to day customer interaction *Understanding customer needs and wants and regulating them to the best possible way *Not too much interaction exists with management and lower level employees *Dealing with angry customer especially when the is a vast barrier in the language we speak *Getting to learn the different cultures and traditions that exists in the world and the ability to deal with all kinds on nations worldwide
Pros
shift hours
Cons
It was more of discipline, punctuality. Accuracy of the work being done. I've learned how to work with your hands, house keeping. Work culture is to do everything to procedures of the company.
Pros
Cons
8 hours
My time at Saa was the best as far as experiences and growth were concerned, I travelled the world and learnt about different cultures which helped broaden my mind and subsequently inspired me to pursue a career as a Pilot, I had to resign so that I could concentrate on my training and would take any opportunity available in order to get back into the company.
Pros
lots of travelling and flexi time, benefits
Cons
working on christmas
1. learnt time management and to deal with stressful situation 2. Self motivation and learning to work on my own. 1. Hardest part of my job was customer satisfaction 2. The most enjoyable to see a project being completed
Pros
Working with my collegues
Cons
No scope for growth
I've learned a lot. And gained much experience. The harder thing was starting at work at 4am. But I got used to it. It's a very good company takes care of their employees
Pros
free lunch on holidays
Cons
short hours
I would love to work there again, as i worked long hours but got compensated greatly for that, I also got to travel a lot over the years which was the reason i left my previous job
Pros
free travel
Cons
never see yourfamily somuch
A day at work is always a new challenge as you wouldn't know what to expect on a daily basis. I have learned that time keeping is very important.
Pros
The Airport enviroment has always kept me sane
Cons
Shifts hours.
+flexible hours +learned lots of things from different cultures and backgrounds +average management +my colleagues where different people from different cultures +the hardest part was to adjust to different time zones +travelling the world was the fun part
Pros
free food, accommodation and travel
Cons
sometimes long hours