SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS Employee Reviews for Flight Attendant

South African airways is a wonderful airline to work for, it taught me a lot about customer care and customer focus, how to go an extra mile to make cudtomers happy, it taught me how to be a team player and the importance of being on time, all the time
Pros
Workbwith different people and travel to the different places
Cons
You not always at home
SAA wow, working there was like a dream. I love traveling so working there was a dream come true. Beautiful stuff to work with very professional management. I was happy to work there 😊
Pros
Travelling allowance
Cons
south African airways is a fun place to work from but mostly business they mean business most of the time always have to be on time they don't tolerate late coming.
Pros
free lunch for trainees
You learn to value and appreciate the needs of the customers and offer great services that meet their requests and also go an extra mile to leave them with a fulfilled desire and a smile in their face at the end of the day.
Pros
Travelling Experiences
Cons
Unbalanced Family Life & Low Salary
The best airline to work for on the African continent. Saw the world and was offered the opportunity to travel extensively. Management are cadres, placed by government.
Pros
Medical aid, rebated travel
Cons
*Attending to customer's needs and high safety alert *Learned the importance of effective communication *There was a very supportive management system *Experienced a culture of teamwork and accountability *Less resting hours at the destinations but acclimatization was possible. *Providing service to the customers was the most enjoyable
Pros
Seeing most parts of the world
Cons
Less resting hours at destinations
I was a ground hostess at first enjoying the interaction with the different nationalities of people. I love interaction with people of all cultures and ethnic groups, it is so stimulating. Boarding planes and helping unaccompanied minors and special treatment patients was on the agenda for the day. I learned that there's a big world out there with wonderful opportunities for every person. Management was very strict as expected working with people. You have to be, people can be complex. We were a large team working as one for the benefit of the company, keeping every passenger happy. Hardest part of the job is when a passenger is not happy, some people just can't be happy. The most enjoyable part is when you interact with all these different people getting to know more about their cultures and their countries. I always found this highly fascinating.
Pros
Getting to know the world on your doorstep
Cons
Plains that don't reach their destination
Be enthusiastic Be proactive . Know yourself and provide outstanding customer service. The customer is always number 1. Learnt the value of team work and being positive. Also received experience in customer service, fire fighting, medical assistance, and food and beverage presentation.
Pros
Awesome destinations to discover
Cons
Long hours away from home
For a young individual who has passion for travel and tourism or someone already with a qualification and would like to grow and explore other facets within the travel and tourism industry.
Pros
Discounted flight fares, hotel stays and sight seeing
Cons
Away for special family gatherings quite often
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS?
working for SAA was incredible, i learned a lot regarding leadership, respect for other emplyees as well as the clients in this regard (passengers) I discoverd my strengths and my weakness.
Pros
we had rebates for flights. we could fly for cheaper.
Cons
getting off days during the week.
My day starts with me giving a pre-flight briefing to the crew about the flight we will operate on that evening. I will also draw up working positions for all and info about the destination. I manage a diverse team of different ethnic and. age groups. This isn't interesting as one has to be skilled in managing a team this diverse for more than 10 days overseas sometimes. Corporate culture at SAA is amazing and you quickly learn to treat everyone as family on your first day. Traveling the world is the most exciting part of the job and the perks are equally amazing.
Pros
Free tickets for family members
Cons
Staying up all night on shift.
A great company where the company culture is amazing. People are open-minded and most enjoy their jobs. Employees' voices are heard and taken seriously. There's great management- employees consultation. SAA has won awards for Best Airline into Africa for several years, this shows the company's continued commitment to safety and customer service excellence.
Pros
Good salaries, High safety ratings
Cons
The constant egative publicity in the media
Exploring different countries, experiencing diverse cultures, constantly travelling and practically living out of a bag. Established a worldwide friend network. Meeting interesting people. Tasting interesting foods. Shopping.
Pros
Excellent travel perks and worldwide discounts!
Cons
Very long and irregular hours. No routine and no stability.
My time at Saa was the best as far as experiences and growth were concerned, I travelled the world and learnt about different cultures which helped broaden my mind and subsequently inspired me to pursue a career as a Pilot, I had to resign so that I could concentrate on my training and would take any opportunity available in order to get back into the company.
Pros
lots of travelling and flexi time, benefits
Cons
working on christmas
Amazing job, meeting new people everyday and new places every week. Very exciting opportunities. Most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to see diffrent countries.
Always you have to be alert I've learned different cultures and how to manage stress under emergency situations Take care of each other Travelling
Pros
Meal allowances
Cons
+flexible hours +learned lots of things from different cultures and backgrounds +average management +my colleagues where different people from different cultures +the hardest part was to adjust to different time zones +travelling the world was the fun part
Pros
free food, accommodation and travel
Cons
sometimes long hours
I had a good balance working for this company. No day was ever the same. It was a very fast paced industry in which I have been multi skilled and could work in all areas. I have learned to work independently and was a self starter. I was a good team player and got along well with my co - workers .The hardest part was to make sure that everything was done on time and to the best of my ability. The most enjoyable part was to interact with the passengers and to help them with their problems they might have.
Pros
Discounted tickets to see the world
Cons
The most enjoyable part of my job was shopping overseas and meeting different people almost every flight. The hardest part was always being away from home and missing on family events. My co-workers were extraordinary because they could adjust easily to different people and environments. Management was very supportive and we were motivated to improve our skills.
Pros
Free tickets for family
Cons
Flying long hours is tiring.
excellent company to work for, strictly for globetrotters. window to South Africa , Africa and the word. responsible for different people at any given time,a minimum of 300 personalities in your care. manage and facilitate onboard services and procedures, adherence to strict civil authorities rules and policies. primary goal being safety of aircraft and all in it all the time.
Pros
globetrotter and travel allowances
Cons
no quality family life
I am a structured person. I believe in following set process that guide me to a specific goal. This helps me manage my time and complete my tasks in time. I believe in setting out daily goals and weekly goals, these goals must always speak to the over roll departmental goals. I work with people, crew members always come to me for assistance regarding a variety of issues. Mastering my emotions helps me deal with issues effectively excising emotional intelligence.
Pros
Working with different people everyday.
Cons
Dealing with people's personal issues.