SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS Culture reviews

Clear

A very competitive company you work for. Employees are very enthusiastic and very welcoming. There is a divers culture and team work is essential in order for one to become a member of the family

Pros

Two tea breaks

Cons

One hour lunch

Excellent company and very diverse

Travelling was a pleasure,perks were wonderful, work ethics were wonderful.Had fun working with diverse cultures and interacting with different characters

Fun but stressful shift sometimes

This is the great company to work for and they pay not less than R10K for their entry level position,You get house allowance and R2500 shift allowance,12 flight tickets to anywhere in the world and 4 business class tickets.Your partner and your kids also get the same flight tickets benefits minimum of 3 kids.They have a wellness support system .There is an employee clinic to help you when you are sick and don't have money to visit your private doctor.You have an opportunity to assist famous people from across the world and interact with them almost every day.They have a great culture that accomodate everyone and you will never be fired instead you will fire yourself.It is stressful when flights are delayed or cancelled.I remember one of the days when a Hong Kong flight was cancelled due to a technical reasons,I started my shift at 1pm and was supposed to knock off when the flight depart at 8pm but I ended up leaving at 3am the next day but the good news is that ,that was an was overtime for me and we were given a day off afterwards.I still wish to work this great Airline.There is also growth if you have good qualifications.This is like home away from home but they also check your performance on monthly basis so if you're lazy you will be given warnings and the next thing you will be on a disciplinary hearing with HR. you also need to up your game as they are very strict when it comes to time since there is a shift meeting every day 15 minutes before we start working and you need to be or else you marked as late for work and that will affect your kpi's.

Pros

Start 4:45am and 11am u are going home

Cons

Long unplanned hours due to flight cancellations or delays

Fun and different every day

Customers of different backgrounds, culture and class. Reasons for travel also important,as it gives u an idea how that prefer there device. Safety comes first all the time,and service is what they pay for so give it like u the customer.

Pros

Free lunches and drinks, sightseeing, travel

Cons

Long hours salary could have been better

Fast paced and enjoyable!

From my time at South African Airways, it has always been pleasant. Fun and meeting people from all over the world with n every aspect of work at this amazing national carrier!

Pros

Competitive salary

Cons

Shift work

A typical day at work would be when there's delays. I learned how to work with other people, different diversity more especially how to treat a custom

All I can say is I LOVED MY COMPANY AND MY WORK!!! I enjoyed working with customers and their different personalities, attitudes and culture because i learned a lot from them. The hardest part was delivering bad news to customers, like delays.

Excited

The work is amazing, fast paced and exciting. Everyday you get something new happening, in terms of new instructions. Dealing with the global market. Aviation sector has so many layers

Pros

Global market, dynamic, fast paced

Cons

Politics

Excellent work environment

I have gained extensive experience within the industry. I am able to work as a team member or on my own. It's been an awesome journey. 🙏🙏🙏🙏 I am blessed to work with spending

Pros

Excellent work environment

Cons

Poor customer ssd

Great Company

Great Company to work for , great benefits, great people, great work environment and work culture. people always willing and able to assist. the work hours was great worked shifts, means more time to yourself and time to study,very flexible with the kids. traveled and got to see the world.

Working with the company has brought a better world of understanding in the travel and tourism industry.the company has been best African airline.

It is world class company that is driven with an African image. Working with good team players with a drive to exceed customer satisfaction. Friendly people with good smiles at all times.

fast paced sometime stressfull and yet fun most of the time

great place to work at , you meet different cultures , its extremely fast paced as everything circle around minutes , sad part though is that favoritism is very much real . other than that , it teaches us discipline , customer services , working in a group as well as alone ,

Pros

good salary

Cons

no real growth

I am working with customer environment

E njoyed working customer face to face .meeting different customer from different countries and helping them with directions at the airport.It help me to adapt to different cultures.

A good company to work for with great benefits

Great culture, Great benefits, great environment to work in. Open opportunities. Different departments of choice. Great salary offers. Open for Growth

Interesting and exciting

Typical day at work involves meeting and managing many new people.I learned to listen more speak less and think before I do when I do.I learned to be greatful for the best job in the world.I learned to how to think creatively,mediate and solve problems quickly.The workplace culture is dynamic,cosmopolitan and collaborative.The hardest part of the job is managing your sleep!A skill that I regrettably underestimated for many years.The most enjoyable part of my job is the interesting people,multiple learning experiences,the freedom in managing my crew,the dynamic nature of the job itself, and ofcourse the exciting and beautiful destinations.

Pros

The Entire job is a pro

Cons

Sleep deprivation which must be strictly managed with great discilpline

Job friendly

Taking care of our customers Internal and external Customers focusing Security awareness Integrity Diversity Cultures Religious Uniqueness Love

Highly competitive and rewarding workplace

It is a highly competitive environment where customers have many flight options to choose from so you have to convince them that buying a ticket with you is the best decision they can make for their journey. Meeting new customers and helping returning ones is rewarding and fun.

Pros

Meeting new and different customers on a daily basis

Cons

Working on week-ends until late

Friendly and Fun

Great work environment where you get to meet a lot of different people. Most people are very friendly and easy to work with. If you don't mind the weather then Outside is a great place to work.

The job entirely depends on your attitude. Respect your external ad well as internal customers.

Exposure to a multitude of cultures, people with different backgrounds and places was the most exciting part of the job because my education was infinite! Every day was a day full of possibilities. To enjoy this job you have to be open for anything that comes your way, but stand strong and be firm in your key performance areas. You are ultimately a safety officer and should never compromise the safety of those you are meant to protect and serve. Always go for a win-win solution than to discriminate or choose sides. Remember that word of mouth advertising sometimes bring in more revenue than paid advertising. Be honest and true to your company, but also to your customer.

Pros

Free traveling. Exposure to different cultures. Exclusive shopping. Meeting loads of people.

Cons

Long hours. Insufficient rest. Adapting to different time zones is difficult.

Fast paced with intense time constraints

Overall a fun place to work at. Always under pressure to meet deadlines in regards to flight departures. Culture within SAA is great when it comes to customer service, high levels of customer service is expected in Port Elizabeth

Good working conditions

I enjoy it as you have to meet people from different cultures and background. As a national carrier SAA employees are very kind and love their work. There is also growth opportunities and training are done almost year for the competitive aviation industry.

Pros

Free air tickets for me and family

Cons

Irregular operations

It's a very fun and productive company

We got to learn a lot when I was training at the company as a Aircraft Steel Structures apprentice. They taught us a lot about being very accurate with our work.

Pros

The work culture

Cons

Didn't get to complete my training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS