SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
3.6Job Security & Advancement

Exciting company to work for

The incentives given was out of this world, the overall experience was great though I have no idea if the company will be as exciting to work for under new management.

Pros

Allowance

Cons

Long hours and also working on public holidays weekends

SAA it is a great company , I wish it could open very soon so that we could work again , the experience of 22 years can't go unnoticed , I wish it could go back to the marke5 where it belongs and compete at it best and wingback the customers confident ,it belongs in the sky

Pros

Bring own much and specified time allowed

Cons

Work extra hours at operational level if needed

Very Productive

Working at South African Airways was an opportunity for me to observe Aviation environment skills and experience gained gave me confidence good company

Cons

Fun but stressful shift sometimes

This is the great company to work for and they pay not less than R10K for their entry level position,You get house allowance and R2500 shift allowance,12 flight tickets to anywhere in the world and 4 business class tickets.Your partner and your kids also get the same flight tickets benefits minimum of 3 kids.They have a wellness support system .There is an employee clinic to help you when you are sick and don't have money to visit your private doctor.You have an opportunity to assist famous people from across the world and interact with them almost every day.They have a great culture that accomodate everyone and you will never be fired instead you will fire yourself.It is stressful when flights are delayed or cancelled.I remember one of the days when a Hong Kong flight was cancelled due to a technical reasons,I started my shift at 1pm and was supposed to knock off when the flight depart at 8pm but I ended up leaving at 3am the next day but the good news is that ,that was an was overtime for me and we were given a day off afterwards.I still wish to work this great Airline.There is also growth if you have good qualifications.This is like home away from home but they also check your performance on monthly basis so if you're lazy you will be given warnings and the next thing you will be on a disciplinary hearing with HR. you also need to up your game as they are very strict when it comes to time since there is a shift meeting every day 15 minutes before we start working and you need to be or else you marked as late for work and that will affect your kpi's.

Pros

Start 4:45am and 11am u are going home

Cons

Long unplanned hours due to flight cancellations or delays

Just another job now

I left SAA in March 2000. Then it was a succesfull and flourishing business. Unfortunately lately it seems that all has changed for the worts. SAA was the benchmark of all international travel when I joined Now I hope they will survive....

Pros

Aeroplane food leftovers

Cons

Long hours and challenging customers.

Excellent work environment

I have gained extensive experience within the industry. I am able to work as a team member or on my own. It's been an awesome journey. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ I am blessed to work with spending

Pros

Excellent work environment

Cons

Poor customer ssd

A good company to work for with great benefits

Great culture, Great benefits, great environment to work in. Open opportunities. Different departments of choice. Great salary offers. Open for Growth

Great company to work for.

Provides educational funding opportunities, sabbatical leave and exposure to the world. The staff turnover rate is low, which makes career advancement slow. Overall an amazing company to work for.

fun working environment

I was very exciting to work here. the experience I have got here was very amazing, if only our jobs could have been saved by hard working executives in the company.

Pros

very good

Great company

SAA has a lot of history and the people working here are great. I started as a Cabin crew member and worked myself up to training with the assistance of the company. I was equipped with the right skills and knowledge and now I am qualified.

It's a very fun and productive company

We got to learn a lot when I was training at the company as a Aircraft Steel Structures apprentice. They taught us a lot about being very accurate with our work.

Pros

The work culture

Cons

Didn't get to complete my training

South African Airways

When i became a Flight attendant, life changed for the better, at the time it was avery big achievent to be part of the SAA. the oppertunaties was ever growing.

Fast paced department.

It has always been a pleasure to work for the National Airline. I'm proud to be involved in the business for so many years. The company give individuals enough opportunity to further their studies.

Pros

Flight consessions.

Cons

To comply to regulations is time consuming, but necessary.

Pays the bills

Good company to work for to further one's career in aircraft mantenance. The training is world class and the aircraft are relatively new so one stays up to date with the latest technology.

Pros

Free tavel

Cons

Toxic culture

good benefits

fast paced, friendly coworkers, hard to get into the business. helpful staff, not much advancement. good benefits, lots of travelling. management great

fun working place

Its an up and coming company, that still need to grow. We still looking for clients but we have the best staff and well to take the company up. Our CEO have more than one company and she never closes doors for you to learn about other company.

Pros

no free lunch

Cons

motivation and equal oppotunities for growth

I started working at SAA as a contract worker, but was afforded the same opportunities to attend the courses offered to employees, I became permanent and within a few years got an opportunity to act in a supervisor position which gave me valuable experience for growth in my career.

Pros

junior staff could sit in, on certain management meetings

Cons

had to train interns regularly as most of staff were interns

time of my life

My time at Saa was the best as far as experiences and growth were concerned, I travelled the world and learnt about different cultures which helped broaden my mind and subsequently inspired me to pursue a career as a Pilot, I had to resign so that I could concentrate on my training and would take any opportunity available in order to get back into the company.

Pros

lots of travelling and flexi time, benefits

Cons

working on christmas

Good place to work, if managed properly. Needs good leaderhip . good enviroment culture. Growth can be stagnated. Training and development need more attention to uplift employees

Pros

good benefits

Excellent training at the time.

Training was excellent but scope for advancement was virtually non existant, hence the reason for leaving as did most of the trainees after qualifying and certification.

Pros

Free and discounted flights and housing scheme.

Cons

No career prospects.

It was was nice working for SAA and the staff was well mannered and friendly.

Multi diverse culture, people resoect each other. I was a hard worker at SAA i gave my all to the company. SAA was 1 of my best companies i worked for

Pros

yes the were team buildings

Cons

they took time to employ people on full time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS