SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Exciting company to work for

The incentives given was out of this world, the overall experience was great though I have no idea if the company will be as exciting to work for under new management.

Pros

Allowance

Cons

Long hours and also working on public holidays weekends

Furn workspace ,

U must be able to know your priorities in life good time keeper , good team worker and have good listening skills . Be able to work under pressure .

Pros

Seeing the world

Cons

Long hours, be away from home alot

Fun but stressful shift sometimes

This is the great company to work for and they pay not less than R10K for their entry level position,You get house allowance and R2500 shift allowance,12 flight tickets to anywhere in the world and 4 business class tickets.Your partner and your kids also get the same flight tickets benefits minimum of 3 kids.They have a wellness support system .There is an employee clinic to help you when you are sick and don't have money to visit your private doctor.You have an opportunity to assist famous people from across the world and interact with them almost every day.They have a great culture that accomodate everyone and you will never be fired instead you will fire yourself.It is stressful when flights are delayed or cancelled.I remember one of the days when a Hong Kong flight was cancelled due to a technical reasons,I started my shift at 1pm and was supposed to knock off when the flight depart at 8pm but I ended up leaving at 3am the next day but the good news is that ,that was an was overtime for me and we were given a day off afterwards.I still wish to work this great Airline.There is also growth if you have good qualifications.This is like home away from home but they also check your performance on monthly basis so if you're lazy you will be given warnings and the next thing you will be on a disciplinary hearing with HR. you also need to up your game as they are very strict when it comes to time since there is a shift meeting every day 15 minutes before we start working and you need to be or else you marked as late for work and that will affect your kpi's.

Pros

Start 4:45am and 11am u are going home

Cons

Long unplanned hours due to flight cancellations or delays

Fun and different every day

Customers of different backgrounds, culture and class. Reasons for travel also important,as it gives u an idea how that prefer there device. Safety comes first all the time,and service is what they pay for so give it like u the customer.

Pros

Free lunches and drinks, sightseeing, travel

Cons

Long hours salary could have been better

Fast paced and enjoyable!

From my time at South African Airways, it has always been pleasant. Fun and meeting people from all over the world with n every aspect of work at this amazing national carrier!

Pros

Competitive salary

Cons

Shift work

Competitive environment

The staff are amazing we worked well together as a team when we where faces with delayed /technical flights long ques and irate passengers youve got to have a passion for the airline industry and comes with lots of sacrifices .

Just another job now

I left SAA in March 2000. Then it was a succesfull and flourishing business. Unfortunately lately it seems that all has changed for the worts. SAA was the benchmark of all international travel when I joined Now I hope they will survive....

Pros

Aeroplane food leftovers

Cons

Long hours and challenging customers.

Great Company

Great Company to work for , great benefits, great people, great work environment and work culture. people always willing and able to assist. the work hours was great worked shifts, means more time to yourself and time to study,very flexible with the kids. traveled and got to see the world.

fast paced sometime stressfull and yet fun most of the time

great place to work at , you meet different cultures , its extremely fast paced as everything circle around minutes , sad part though is that favoritism is very much real . other than that , it teaches us discipline , customer services , working in a group as well as alone ,

Pros

good salary

Cons

no real growth

A good company to work for with great benefits

Great culture, Great benefits, great environment to work in. Open opportunities. Different departments of choice. Great salary offers. Open for Growth

Productive and an amazing world environment

SAA wow, working there was like a dream. I love traveling so working there was a dream come true. Beautiful stuff to work with very professional management. I was happy to work there 😊

Pros

Travelling allowance

Travelling and Diverse Customer Experiences

You learn to value and appreciate the needs of the customers and offer great services that meet their requests and also go an extra mile to leave them with a fulfilled desire and a smile in their face at the end of the day.

Pros

Travelling Experiences

Cons

Unbalanced Family Life & Low Salary

productive and set on time

The time was great learning a lot of people skills from the co -workers , they are set on getting the best out off their workers . Working hours were long but enjoyable . the workers was mixed ( Africans , Coulred , Whites , Moslums ) .Hardes part was when they told us we were placed with permanent workers .

Pros

Free uniform

Cons

Exciting and challenging as everyday is something different

Resuming for duty everyday at work excites me.I have a great passion for executing my daily tasks and responsibilities. My job description overall is tracking and tracing missing or mishandled shipment for South African Airways and to find a resolve quick and efficient for client satisfaction.As part of the investigation process i have learned to always proceed methodically cover all bases with speed and determination.The assistance of our management team plays a vital part for a positive outcome with all related queries.Our management team is always ready to assist, guide and advise. Our work place culture at SAA Cargo Cape Town International is always with the same goal in mind excellent customer service delivery,moving the shipment safely and intact from point A to point B. The assistance of relevant role players when solving a query internal and third party comes with its own challenges and that is one of the hardest parts of the job. Being part of a vibrant team who thrives on always rendering an excellent standard of customer service makes that the most enjoyable part of my job.

Pros

All the amazing benefits, travelling rebates

productive

Good working relationship.management are doing their best.salary and working hours are well with the one tha government agreed with.madical aid they have which is good for benefits.

Pros

good working place

Cons

8hours a day

good benefits

fast paced, friendly coworkers, hard to get into the business. helpful staff, not much advancement. good benefits, lots of travelling. management great

Unfair

I'm a hard worker, but working at that place was the neared thing to beeng disabled. The hours are long crazy and they made us do all the work, and get payed close to nothing

Cons

Great company to work for, great workplace culture

Because it is a national airline, everyone plays a part in ensuring that SAA renders world class service to all its customers. Normal 08h00 - 16h30 office based jobs are enjoyable and there's a sense of stability. Operations-based jobs are highly pressurized, shift environments where each day is different. The hours can be long, and the time away from family can be taxing on an individual. Cabin Crew are an absent workforce, who work irregular hours and are sometimes away from home for very long periods.

Pros

Great benefits for staff

Cons

Poor packages and benefits for management staff

time of my life

My time at Saa was the best as far as experiences and growth were concerned, I travelled the world and learnt about different cultures which helped broaden my mind and subsequently inspired me to pursue a career as a Pilot, I had to resign so that I could concentrate on my training and would take any opportunity available in order to get back into the company.

Pros

lots of travelling and flexi time, benefits

Cons

working on christmas

South African Airways is best airline to work for.

What I learned priority is the culture of the people you are working with, punctuality, to love your work and work as a team. The best enjoyable part is the salary, overtime and shift allowance.

Pros

You buy your lunch

Cons

9 hours

Good place to work, if managed properly. Needs good leaderhip . good enviroment culture. Growth can be stagnated. Training and development need more attention to uplift employees

Pros

good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS