SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS Pay & Benefits reviews

4,0
Great Company to work for , great benefits, great people, great work environment and work culture. people always willing and able to assist. the work hours was great worked shifts, means more time to yourself and time to study,very flexible with the kids. traveled and got to see the world.
2,0
The staff are amazing we worked well together as a team when we where faces with delayed /technical flights long ques and irate passengers youve got to have a passion for the airline industry and comes with lots of sacrifices .
2,0
I left SAA in March 2000. Then it was a succesfull and flourishing business. Unfortunately lately it seems that all has changed for the worts. SAA was the benchmark of all international travel when I joined Now I hope they will survive....
Pros
Aeroplane food leftovers
Cons
Long hours and challenging customers.
3,0
great place to work at , you meet different cultures , its extremely fast paced as everything circle around minutes , sad part though is that favoritism is very much real . other than that , it teaches us discipline , customer services , working in a group as well as alone ,
Pros
good salary
Cons
no real growth
4,0
Great culture, Great benefits, great environment to work in. Open opportunities. Different departments of choice. Great salary offers. Open for Growth
5,0
SAA wow, working there was like a dream. I love traveling so working there was a dream come true. Beautiful stuff to work with very professional management. I was happy to work there 😊
Pros
Travelling allowance
4,0
You learn to value and appreciate the needs of the customers and offer great services that meet their requests and also go an extra mile to leave them with a fulfilled desire and a smile in their face at the end of the day.
Pros
Travelling Experiences
Cons
Unbalanced Family Life & Low Salary
4,0
The time was great learning a lot of people skills from the co -workers , they are set on getting the best out off their workers . Working hours were long but enjoyable . the workers was mixed ( Africans , Coulred , Whites , Moslums ) .Hardes part was when they told us we were placed with permanent workers .
Pros
Free uniform
5,0
Resuming for duty everyday at work excites me.I have a great passion for executing my daily tasks and responsibilities. My job description overall is tracking and tracing missing or mishandled shipment for South African Airways and to find a resolve quick and efficient for client satisfaction.As part of the investigation process i have learned to always proceed methodically cover all bases with speed and determination.The assistance of our management team plays a vital part for a positive outcome with all related queries.Our management team is always ready to assist, guide and advise. Our work place culture at SAA Cargo Cape Town International is always with the same goal in mind excellent customer service delivery,moving the shipment safely and intact from point A to point B. The assistance of relevant role players when solving a query internal and third party comes with its own challenges and that is one of the hardest parts of the job. Being part of a vibrant team who thrives on always rendering an excellent standard of customer service makes that the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
All the amazing benefits, travelling rebates
5,0
Good working relationship.management are doing their best.salary and working hours are well with the one tha government agreed with.madical aid they have which is good for benefits.
Pros
good working place
Cons
8hours a day
3,0
fast paced, friendly coworkers, hard to get into the business. helpful staff, not much advancement. good benefits, lots of travelling. management great
1,0
I'm a hard worker, but working at that place was the neared thing to beeng disabled. The hours are long crazy and they made us do all the work, and get payed close to nothing
5,0
I worked as an operation controller for South African Airways for 9 years. The environment was a high pressure environment. The atmosphere didn't have a room for any mistakes.
Pros
free coffe
Cons
extreme long hours
3,0
Go meet disembarking flights then go to baggage bet and see to it that every customer does get his or her luggage. I learnt how to carry yourself when dealing with customers.
Pros
Allowance and learning different culture
4,0
Because it is a national airline, everyone plays a part in ensuring that SAA renders world class service to all its customers. Normal 08h00 - 16h30 office based jobs are enjoyable and there's a sense of stability. Operations-based jobs are highly pressurized, shift environments where each day is different. The hours can be long, and the time away from family can be taxing on an individual. Cabin Crew are an absent workforce, who work irregular hours and are sometimes away from home for very long periods.
Pros
Great benefits for staff
Cons
Poor packages and benefits for management staff
4,0
My time at Saa was the best as far as experiences and growth were concerned, I travelled the world and learnt about different cultures which helped broaden my mind and subsequently inspired me to pursue a career as a Pilot, I had to resign so that I could concentrate on my training and would take any opportunity available in order to get back into the company.
Pros
lots of travelling and flexi time, benefits
Cons
working on christmas
5,0
What I learned priority is the culture of the people you are working with, punctuality, to love your work and work as a team. The best enjoyable part is the salary, overtime and shift allowance.
Pros
You buy your lunch
Cons
9 hours
4,0
Good place to work, if managed properly. Needs good leaderhip . good enviroment culture. Growth can be stagnated. Training and development need more attention to uplift employees
Pros
good benefits
5,0
I have worked at SAA for most of my live. From being a young school leaver until an adult. I even met my amazing wife at SAA. I loved calculating fares and interact with our customers. As they say "those were the good old days!".
Pros
Flying benefits
Cons
Salary
5,0
I've learned a lot. And gained much experience. The harder thing was starting at work at 4am. But I got used to it. It's a very good company takes care of their employees
Pros
free lunch on holidays
Cons
short hours
4,0
This was a great place to work, and good people to work with. I was a good balance between work and friends i worked with. There was always a chance to show what it means to work together as a team.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
long hours and always too much work.