SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS Pay & Benefits reviews

Great Company to work for , great benefits, great people, great work environment and work culture. people always willing and able to assist. the work hours was great worked shifts, means more time to yourself and time to study,very flexible with the kids. traveled and got to see the world.
Great company to work for . Good benefits and security . Lots.of room for growth. A sense of wellbeing and loads of training to benefit employees . A strong focus on customer service and delivery . I worked for Saa for 18 years loved every minute . Learnt a great deal and would recommend working for this company any day .
Pros
Free food
Cons
I would love to work there again, as i worked long hours but got compensated greatly for that, I also got to travel a lot over the years which was the reason i left my previous job
Pros
free travel
Cons
never see yourfamily somuch
Always you have to be alert I've learned different cultures and how to manage stress under emergency situations Take care of each other Travelling
Pros
Meal allowances
Cons
i loved working at SAA and especially getting to meet a few celebrities. but i also just loved working with people. I worked two different shifts and the business of the job alson depended on the season we were in.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
+flexible hours +learned lots of things from different cultures and backgrounds +average management +my colleagues where different people from different cultures +the hardest part was to adjust to different time zones +travelling the world was the fun part
Pros
free food, accommodation and travel
Cons
sometimes long hours
work under pressure fun stress conditions challenging job great career advancement opportunities great company benefits friendly people loud highly specialized equipment
Pros
great environment
Cons
awkward hours
I thorougly enjoy working for this company. The job security is very good and the benefits are excellent. I've worked with many people of various backgrounds and learnt alot from them. I love working in the airline industry, it's very exciting enviroment. There is not much room for growth if you are not based at head office.
Pros
Flying Benefits
Cons
Little room for growth
Overall SAA is a fantastic company to work for. There is lack of succession planning and gender transformation in some areas. This leads to de-motivation of top performers. Benefits and salary are not market related for my field and opportunity to change this is absent. Silo mentality between head offices and outstations leading to ineffective communication and information sharing at times. Undergoing the current rationalisation process is bound to help improve some of the areas. Lovely industry and the people are great and definitely exciting, but remaining at SAA in Durban or Johannesburg in my field does not offer growth.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
silos
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS?
It is a great company to work for. Salary not what it should be, but the benefits are fine. I had no problem working at the company at all or with any co-worker. I have learned a lot about accounting in 32 years. The hardest part of the job was at year end.
Pros
Free airline tickets
Cons
Not to long hours per day.
Easy to communicate with Managers, co workers are always friendly and ready to help. there was nothing to hard you can not handle. working as a Team and having friends you can talk to.
Pros
free lunch, free travel tickets
Cons
Day starts with a meeting,then work and ends with a teammeeting.Learn teamwork.Management very efficient.Co-workers very helpful.Fault finding is hardest part of the work.When fault is solved in time.
Pros
good salary
Cons
contracts
my Job was exiting as it was not in my field of study because i got to learn and know about a whole new different career path that was not even in my field of study.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
8 hours working
shift work enviroment. i have learned to work under pressure and synergise with co-workers to manage exceptions.. the hardest part of the work was the eratic woking hours. the most enjoyable part was the international travelling
Pros
free air tickets
Cons
eratic working hours
I consult with HR Managers, General Managers and Employment Equity Committees. Develop EE Plan and submit to Top management. Do audits, analyse and interprete data and write reports for EXCO. I learned to write policies, develop strategy and project planning. Generally Management style varies from one business unit to another within company values. The hardest part of the job is brought by lack of speed in decision making. The most enjoyable part of the job is effecting change in business.
Pros
Sense of security and flying benefits
Cons
untimely stakeholder requirements
Good ,friendly working environment. Good pay with benefits. Management and staff interact with each other. Good work ethics.
I loved my job cause I learnt alot but always wanted to be a cabin crew member. Working with passengers is never easy but I had a good excise for patience
Pros
fresh free fruit on Mondays
Cons
I love interaction with fello employees at the company, the hardest part would be rudeness of some managers especially when they have to be reminded by a junior employee that precedure was not followed and they need to do this and that moving forward. we have a very nice manager,very democratic but ends up been disobeyed by most senior co-workers because they know they can get away with it. the team work is not so good as others believe that they are favoured as much as others this company gave a platform to learn about aviation and travel medicine and also how executive medicals are conducted,
Pros
there are lots of benefits
Cons
hours are flexible
SAA has a culture whereby, everybody is allowed to excercize their democratic right.
Pros
Extensive Travels
Cons
Long Hour
everyday has new challenges, different cultures and behaviour. nice working environment, freindly people.hard part is satisfying every need of all customers. I enjoy travelling.
Pros
free or discounted flights
Cons
shifts, working shifts
There is no problem to work for the company the atmosphre is good the problem is the salary.The people are also well to work withand even the Management I have no problem of what so ever with them
Pros
We do some Spanbou as it is called ones aMonth
Cons
There are long HRS depend on the turn around time of the Aircraft.There also chift work