SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS Work-Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Exciting company to work for

The incentives given was out of this world, the overall experience was great though I have no idea if the company will be as exciting to work for under new management.

Pros

Allowance

Cons

Long hours and also working on public holidays weekends

Furn workspace ,

U must be able to know your priorities in life good time keeper , good team worker and have good listening skills . Be able to work under pressure .

Pros

Seeing the world

Cons

Long hours, be away from home alot

Fun and different every day

Customers of different backgrounds, culture and class. Reasons for travel also important,as it gives u an idea how that prefer there device. Safety comes first all the time,and service is what they pay for so give it like u the customer.

Pros

Free lunches and drinks, sightseeing, travel

Cons

Long hours salary could have been better

Productive and enjoyed the environment

Worked hard early morning late nights to try and get on time performance. Enjoyed being a ramp agent. Learnt a lot and each day was a different day in that you always learnt something new.

Pros

Training on different department aviation; avoiding accidents, keep current in training requirements.

Cons

Corruption from the top.

Competitive environment

The staff are amazing we worked well together as a team when we where faces with delayed /technical flights long ques and irate passengers youve got to have a passion for the airline industry and comes with lots of sacrifices .

Just another job now

I left SAA in March 2000. Then it was a succesfull and flourishing business. Unfortunately lately it seems that all has changed for the worts. SAA was the benchmark of all international travel when I joined Now I hope they will survive....

Pros

Aeroplane food leftovers

Cons

Long hours and challenging customers.

Great Company

Great Company to work for , great benefits, great people, great work environment and work culture. people always willing and able to assist. the work hours was great worked shifts, means more time to yourself and time to study,very flexible with the kids. traveled and got to see the world.

Working with the company has brought a better world of understanding in the travel and tourism industry.the company has been best African airline.

It is world class company that is driven with an African image. Working with good team players with a drive to exceed customer satisfaction. Friendly people with good smiles at all times.

A good company to work for with great benefits

Great culture, Great benefits, great environment to work in. Open opportunities. Different departments of choice. Great salary offers. Open for Growth

Great company to work for.

Provides educational funding opportunities, sabbatical leave and exposure to the world. The staff turnover rate is low, which makes career advancement slow. Overall an amazing company to work for.

Interesting and exciting

Typical day at work involves meeting and managing many new people.I learned to listen more speak less and think before I do when I do.I learned to be greatful for the best job in the world.I learned to how to think creatively,mediate and solve problems quickly.The workplace culture is dynamic,cosmopolitan and collaborative.The hardest part of the job is managing your sleep!A skill that I regrettably underestimated for many years.The most enjoyable part of my job is the interesting people,multiple learning experiences,the freedom in managing my crew,the dynamic nature of the job itself, and ofcourse the exciting and beautiful destinations.

Pros

The Entire job is a pro

Cons

Sleep deprivation which must be strictly managed with great discilpline

fun working environment

I was very exciting to work here. the experience I have got here was very amazing, if only our jobs could have been saved by hard working executives in the company.

Pros

very good

Highly competitive and rewarding workplace

It is a highly competitive environment where customers have many flight options to choose from so you have to convince them that buying a ticket with you is the best decision they can make for their journey. Meeting new customers and helping returning ones is rewarding and fun.

Pros

Meeting new and different customers on a daily basis

Cons

Working on week-ends until late

produtive and enjoyable

SAA is a good company, the work ethics are impeccable, you intact with managers it does not matter at what level they are. the environment is such that you learn new thing everyday and about the business itself.

Pros

good learning inviroment

excellent company

everybody needs to work together, many a times you are left alone like nobody cares and nothing gets done about . Most individuals do as they please , hopefully things will change in the days to come.

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

long hours, work on weekends, shifts, and even night shift

The job entirely depends on your attitude. Respect your external ad well as internal customers.

Exposure to a multitude of cultures, people with different backgrounds and places was the most exciting part of the job because my education was infinite! Every day was a day full of possibilities. To enjoy this job you have to be open for anything that comes your way, but stand strong and be firm in your key performance areas. You are ultimately a safety officer and should never compromise the safety of those you are meant to protect and serve. Always go for a win-win solution than to discriminate or choose sides. Remember that word of mouth advertising sometimes bring in more revenue than paid advertising. Be honest and true to your company, but also to your customer.

Pros

Free traveling. Exposure to different cultures. Exclusive shopping. Meeting loads of people.

Cons

Long hours. Insufficient rest. Adapting to different time zones is difficult.

Productive and an amazing world environment

SAA wow, working there was like a dream. I love traveling so working there was a dream come true. Beautiful stuff to work with very professional management. I was happy to work there 😊

Pros

Travelling allowance

Good working conditions

I enjoy it as you have to meet people from different cultures and background. As a national carrier SAA employees are very kind and love their work. There is also growth opportunities and training are done almost year for the competitive aviation industry.

Pros

Free air tickets for me and family

Cons

Irregular operations

Travelling and Diverse Customer Experiences

You learn to value and appreciate the needs of the customers and offer great services that meet their requests and also go an extra mile to leave them with a fulfilled desire and a smile in their face at the end of the day.

Pros

Travelling Experiences

Cons

Unbalanced Family Life & Low Salary

South African Airways

When i became a Flight attendant, life changed for the better, at the time it was avery big achievent to be part of the SAA. the oppertunaties was ever growing.

Great airline

The best airline to work for on the African continent. Saw the world and was offered the opportunity to travel extensively. Management are cadres, placed by government.

Pros

Medical aid, rebated travel

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS