South African Breweries

South African Breweries Employee Reviews

South Africa172 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Play hard and work hard

I have always said the best company for true business management skills development of the many companies I have worked for. They have deposited in me, great value in terms of financial investment the skills I still have this day.

Pros

Great incentive schemes

Cons

Hectic have to be multitasked and effective use of resources availabe to you

Productive fast pace

World class systems and works with well knowledge people . You get rewarded for all your work and reaching your KPIs . Highly recommend for those seeking growth

Best company to work for

People are their great asset ,Highly competitive if you are willing to growSkills development Cultures, CSI - Be willing yo work long hours, holidays

Pros

Meal allowance s monthly Incentives Shift allowance Paid overtime Medical aid

Fulfillment

The work was challenging and very fulfilling. I was operating at a high productivity level.I was progressing at a steady pace in the advancing my career as well...

Pros

Entrepreneurial spirit

Fun work environment

-Good customer fee back -Management is willing to work and make the days experience fun-Friendly stuff and always willing to assist-Incentives are a daily reward.

Pros

Vouchers, Snacks, and Beverages

Cons

Shift schedule

Fun working environment

My first job was at SAB, I learned so many things during my time there. Everyone was so welcoming and willing to show me the ropes. I really enjoyed working there and I would recommend it to anyone

Pros

everything

Cons

Good company to work for.

SAB is a wonderful company to work for and the culture there is amazing. Team leaders and management are always kin to help and the company has potential for growth, all you as an employee have to do is give your best and work hard. It's a balance between working hard and family and enjoying it while doing it.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Late night promotions.

Ever learning environment friendly team leaders

The company is learner friendly and have great opportunity for growth national and international the company always have great strategic planning in and around the comporative and commercial layouts

Pros

A lot of advanced systems with 2 screens for maximum information distributing and receiving

Cons

Being on time is critical and respect towards other team members

Productive and fun work place

Im grateful for the experience. it was a great exposure that required listening skills, paying attention ti detail, responding promptly and problem solving. much was learned.

Satisfactory

Challenging Potential for growth Fun Consistent training Excellent salary benefits and incentives Great culture Excellent management Job promotion and freedom to move within different departments in the company

Not happy with management

I am a hard working person and I am very interested in the position of logistics and willing yo work under quality department since i have being working with them since i came here

productive, fast paced

Good working culture, they take quality seriously, and the people that work there know exactly how they impact the final product, the level of safety for the employees is not compromised.

Was a fun place when it was SAB before it was taken over by a new culture as a result of the take over

Due to the take over by ABInbev, the culture that is currently there is different from the one I walked into when I joined. The company is experiencing high employee turnover rates currently

First day was stressfull. Working with Peaple you can gain more. Management is well organised they look after employees special line controlers. thrs no hardest part coz we just check Production Process then clean the Production area. Meet with diffrent people.

The job needs aomeone who is detrrmined and who is willing to learn a new thing on a daily basis

The job is very challenging and i love challenges which i see no problem at all. It needs someone who is determined like i am and willibg to learn a new thing on daily basis.

Productive and eye opening work place

It is a great place to be where you get to enhance and uplift your skills and gain experience, people are friendly and the culture is big and diverse.

Dynamic

You wake up you should already have a plan for the day, you review your targets and go out in the field with a strategic plan for the days goal. You either go into the office or go straight to trade. We all meet up for a meeting once a week , share a few experiences with your colleagues , get some motivation , a few lashes from your manager on your performance and head out for your daily routine. Its a male dominated company always encouraging hard work. You are definitely rewarded for your hard work through team buildings and weekend activities. The hardest part of the job is not reaching your sales targets and getting customer complaints. The most enjoyable is having a beer or two at the bar after hours talking about the days challenges with your peers.

Pros

Employee benefits

Cons

Too much driving

Hardworker and creative

Workplace should not be a warzone were managers want to prove a point to subordinates that they are bosses.Lead and constructive criticism should be encouraged and free role to make mistakes and learn from plus development of individuals development.

Good job, good working environment and a good salary.

While working at SAB, I learned to be disciplined and focused. The hardest part of the job was working long hours in order to meet deadlines. I enjoyed working with different people from different backgrounds and cultures. In a day, I will sign up new clients and do trade visits.

It's a great company. It gives great exposure of how to run a plant.

Great company with great management and employees. Such a an awesome place to acquire experience at. There so much areas to learn from in the plant and the employees are very supportive, encouraging and patient.

Serious play

If you enjoy weekly KPI measurements to help you achieve your goals. No two days are the same when interacting with various personalities of Customers. Market execution as per Company goals and targets. Knowing and understanding your competitor. Relevant merchandising and promotion implementation.

Pros

Guaranteed quarterly incentive upon reaching all targets

Cons

Flexible time even weekend's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Breweries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance