SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL DEFENCE FORCE

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
4,0Culture

Excellent

Fair enough, the question are based on the job that i was doing. I will recommend job seekers to join the South African National Defence Force and their culture is professional

Good

Good

Loyalty

The Defence Force is hard work but satisfactory and teach you teamwork. It ensure that you reach target dates and that you must trust your fellow colleagues.

Allways be alert, rectify and enforcoe security breeches.security. . Discipline starts with the individuals' self potrait(neatnees, on time shedule)

Ensure daily sitreps between higher HQ and unit Learned that respect your seniors as well as subordinates. Enjoy working as a team Work wellbwith different cultures

Good team work and loyalty.

The S.A.N.D.F. gave me work in 2002 when I was still a young man they brought me up and taught me to respect one another no matter your race,culture,fender or sexual orientation. It taught me how to respect people and also how to earn the respect of others. I am very gratefull for the opportunities I was given.

Pros

Almost free medical, housing, travell allowance to pay for food and accomodation.

Cons

Long hour shifts and little money for working weekends.

good working place

Funny place where u find urself meeting diffrent people and culture and also expriencing lots of things in a form of touring going places in the wrld

Pros

free meal

Cons

normal hours

Great adventure

I have traveled a lot in the Navy, Seen and expirenced great cultures of the world, learned to be a better human being and a motivated worker serving my country. Learned to be descipline, take orders and instruction execute them with precision. Learned cleanliness and most of all how to stay health conscious. Best place in the world but growth is minimal.

Benefits

Cons

None for me

Informative and Welcoming Workplace

At South African National Defence Force we work with different people with different cultures and it has taught me self discipline, respect and integrity.

Pros

Work Uniform, Medical Aid is affordable

Cons

Not Applicable

security and protection

it was nice and I lean lot of things in that company and our manager was also good also the culture is full supported and the hardest part is training

Pros

free accomdation

Cons

longhours

Discipline

Copying with a life and culture of people from a different country. I learned to be discipline, following correct communication protocol, following instruction, execution job accordance to instruction and feedback by compiling report. learning how to lead and to be a team player. Currently holding a position of senior HOD in a logistics company. We respect and work on time frame. Managing negative staff members. Making required monthly.

Proffessional and Well Skilling work environment-

It is a great work environmment, very educational,well equiping in terms of skills and training...One gets trained in leadership,time management,how to be a team player, to cope underpressure, to work independently,diligently,coordination and organising

Pros

Studying

Cons

poor payment

very hectic environment

The job is not friendly not to mention the environment. The management is weak. co-workers were fine. the hardest part of the job is spending time in the bush.

Pros

free louch

Cons

lon hours

many opportunities and courses available

tough and enjoyable at the same time, learned a lot about our country security, team work, safety and learned to improvise and interpret current legislation and learned to follow and lead a team.

Pros

team work

Cons

deployment

Fun and hands on

It was a good exercise to be part of the team at this work I learned more about teamwork and team morale The job was very physical

Pros

Everything was free

Cons

bush phase

Security of the country

South African National Defence Force its a very well organized organization, a well developed department. Working there helps me a lot I gained experience and now I'm well developed in my field of work. Salary wise yes there is enough income for you to sustain for family even though you have to live according your affordability. SANDF has a well secure job because you have the best benefits you will ever have to any other company. Its have its own culture but even though it has its own culture they accommodate all different cultures. The best day I ever had in the Defence was the cultural day were we normal share our different culture. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you work in different types of vehicle sometimes under pressure (in the field) The hardest part of it, its when you are out of the country for more than 12months. I have learned a lot especial from my work mates as we came from different background with different goals.

Pros

Staying in a military accomodation you get free meals

Cons

No weekends ( you are a soilder 24Hrs)

pro-active and always on time

typical day at work was the first day at basic training i learned patience is a key to success

productivity of my work and effectiveness

My current working place has an organised culture that we follow , in fact the Defence Force, as a whole have one culture though, we are divided in many arms of service, namely air force navy army and the south African military health service . we have the same Goal the same vision, ''to protect our country and its people" . We know the country depend on us for their safety and security that is up to standard. We serve with honour dignity pride and courage. Like any other working place there are people with more years of experience, and know the tack-ticks we learn through them on how the work is done. The management is up to standard, very well organised and accommodate all employers.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Long hours or over times we normaly have them.

challenging place to work at

on a busy day we deal with administration of members on deployment. on day to day we work with leaves and telephone account and all the inquiries members need to know. i have learned a lot about the SANDF as a whole, especially the medical side of the force, what is it that it takes to give support to the other arms of services. management is not as strong as it should be but in time it will work out. my co-workers are hard working individuals who love what they do, i have learned a lot from them too. The hardest part of the job is having to answer for a task that i was not responsible for and also other members doing a task that is meant to be completed by you and another person takes over, What i enjoy most about my job is the people i work with and being able to execute the task i am giving with pride and always keeping my customers happy

Disciplined workplace

A typical day at work is full of surprises and no one day is the same I have learned how to be disciplined, respect others and to appreciate each person in life The management team is good and supportive My colleagues, supervisors and sub-ordinates are good people and well respected The hardest part of the job is to keep everyone satisfied each day end explaining policies to people who just don't want to accept it It is very much enjoyed to see your colleagues each day and to form part of their life's and to assist members with their challenges

Pros

The opportunities that is given to people to develop their skills and knowledge

Cons

The aspect to rejoin the Defence Force permanently

Was still in training

stranious day. No one acknowledges individual hard work No respect for indivuduals punished for team mates

Pros

Free technical training

Cons

Not managing own time

productivity and work atmosphere

Its always a great day in the SANDF, cool people who will always guide you to do the right. The Management is always there for a backup. The typical day is when you have to cover the deadlines when doing a stock take, so that we can comply the stocktake certificate. so far the SANDF is the most broad Organisation with a lot to learn every day.

Pros

Benefits are always there, But its a non profit organisation

Cons

Its work time in sandf

understanding uniqueness of a Defence Force

Team work is a key Make others feel important Be able to lead the task and its success tirelessly with the aim of achieving organisational goals Whenever there is or are glitches show them importance in fulfilling the interest of the organisation be a leader hardest part of the job when you have to change the attitude of individual for the benefit of the organisation when your subordinates understand intent of the organisation and are working towards it

Pros

LTU :Lesuire time utilisation

Cons

Unexpected call up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL DEFENCE FORCE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance