SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL DEFENCE FORCE

South Africa106 reviews

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,5Pay & Benefits

Very productive always neatly very strict only follow protocols within the Navy and also very dissipline..

Working at the SANDF was great..With no experience I was learning alot and could also adapt very quickly..Sometimes stressed but I could handle it..There I really learn how to respect my fellow workers and also dissipline was the most important..The work itself was not difficult because we were working as a team always there to help each other..For myself I really achieve so many learning skills like finishing my matric doing diffirent courses all in the expense of the Navy and I so thankful for that..Today I can use that skills in other working places and also learn other people of my experience..For me it was such a great 26years working for the Navy..It was really fun and you feel also positive and good about yourself..If I could I wouldnt mine to go back to work for the Navy because the Navy was my life..

Pros

Free Sports and courses and educational outings functions

Cons

Hours was great did not work on weekends only during the week from 7:30 till 4pm

Very discipline and very advance company to work for with a variety of career choices and goals to choose from

A very cultural and social life and well balanced lifestyle company to work for. The variety of career choices that are presented in the company with the your future and growth in mind.

Pros

Excellent salary benefits

Cons

N/a

What you learn is useful to be used in life generally.Once you adjust to learn how to be discipline, everything situation will be easier to do and assist in coping with most challenges.

Pros

Travelling and discipline

Cons

Less family life and low salary

Hardworking and disciplined at all times

SANDf is a place to stay. All necessary things of life are there Our army can look after its personnel. It is the home for those who are hard workers and disciplined.

All is well...

All I can say is that I enjoyed my time in the SANDF, this is the best company ever that one can ever work for and the leadership, control is very good

Military Environment

The military with all their challenges experienced, is still a good environment to work for. One must want to work in such an environment. You are basically born a soldier. If not, you would find it difficult to adapt to the environment. It is not a "nine-to-five" job. It is a lifestyle.

Pros

Structure

Cons

Discipline

typical day

travel on bus to work (45 min) roll call and basic admin tea time (20 mins) specific tasks or meetings lunch (45 mins - 1 hour) fitness routine (personal or unit) roll call

Pros

Free medical. Good benefits. Overtime opportunities.

Cons

Long hours due to travelling

Good

It good place of working environment. There is a lot of challenges that I like about the environment. Everyone is give an opportunity to advance knowledge and skill.

exhausting

It is really haerd to be promoted or grow within. the possibilty of reaching you full potential are like three too ten. the organisation is more influnced by politricks.

good working place

Funny place where u find urself meeting diffrent people and culture and also expriencing lots of things in a form of touring going places in the wrld

Pros

free meal

Cons

normal hours

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL DEFENCE FORCE?

Best experience ever...

This is where disciplined and personal development thrives. An organisation that distinguishes itself with building patriotism and defence of our country's sovereignty.

Pros

Personnal development

Cons

Time away from home.

fun workplace

being in the force is more than just a job. the people you meet become a family. your success depend on yourself and the people around you. I enjoy the fact that you travel a lot in the force. the most difficult part is having to be away from home for prolonged period of time

Pros

growth

Cons

on duty 24/7

Productive and fun workplace

Going true the basic military training wasn't a joy ride in a park there was tears of hate and tears of joy but in the end it made me a better person.

Cons

Long hours of work under any circumstances

Hard work

They push you beyond your limits. No sleep! They do not allow you to go home as much! Your movement is limited! The military is a way of life! Don't go there if you not a person used to structure

Pros

Free accommodation

Cons

Productive fun working place working with new people everyday meeting them

Punctuality at work that's first and always be at the right place right time with the right equipment for the day. Having fun while working. Hardest part of a job is not getting anything right that you have been allocated to do

Pros

Free Lunch

More the productive

I am not able to divulge as I signed a non disclosure document regarding my work in Defense Force. Worked for them basically my whole working life. I need to supplement my pension.

Pros

medical aid

Cons

long hours but only occasionally

Gaining knowledge and being proudly south african soldier

Lack of transformation played a role to disadvantage most people in the defence force. Have time to read n develop your career further. Have ability to share with people what's gud nand bad thats happen to see you going forward.

Cons

Shifts

Management is very poor... Productive and fun sometimes

Its tough, have to leave your family to go work anywhere in country or can be sent around world. Have to have respect for other members and discipline must be high.

Pros

Traveling the country even world

Cons

Very long hours

Being in the SANDF is very educational. One learns a lot of life skills,some of which include patience,courage,selflessness,teamwork and critical thinking. It is a very safe environment to be in.

Pros

Free food and accommodation during training

Cons

Long hours and intense exercise

It is a good place to work for,new expiriences ,

Working at DOD for me is a good experience especially working in hospital environment, and working with people,, patients particularly, making life easy for them, while being treated for diffent illnesses and i make sho they stay in a ckean and healthy environment

My experience in the SANDF taught me to balance several tasks at once and bring willingness to work irregular hours even under extreme massive pressure.

Pros

Free medical treatments

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL DEFENCE FORCE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance