South African National Parks
3,8 out of 5 stars.

South African National Parks Employee Reviews

South Africa31 reviews

3,6Work-Life Balance

Great workplace for tourism and conservation

The workplace culture and people makes the organisation for what it is. There are great people to learn from everywhere. It has its challenges as does every workplace.

Productive but too slow for an intern

Aknowledgement of interns is poor and they do not get prioritized and they are easily forgotten.It is a great place when you are an established professional i guess but not so much when you are at the beginning of your career, was Covid 19 an excuse?probably but there was not much great experience.

Pros

resourceful

Cons

takes long to get the resources

Productive and amazing work place

The values really alligned with mine and the environment is even better. You are constantly reminded of your rights as an employee and the HR go out of their way to make sure they are protected. It is as strict as any other work place with deadlines but it was so much fun working there, it felt like a second home. There is truly nothing bad I can say about SANParks because literally everyone there is friendly and the work is both challenging and exciting. clear instructions are given and guidance provided where needed.

Pros

Discounts on accomodation, uniform, beautiful work place

Cons

The salary could be higher but there are lots of opportunities

Productive and challenging place of work

A typical day at work is when I collect and interpret both admin Financial and Human Resources, capture invoices, do quotation inquiries, deal with Supply Chain Management issues. Attend HR inquiries en administrative duties.

Great place, last true African wilderness.

 Standby/Part-time staff member for Veterinary and Wildlife Services Skukuza Kruger National Park  Game capture and game camp maintenance-TB Free Buffalo Breeding Project  Vehicle operations  Aerial surveying  Game transport  Tractor, truck, machinery and implement maintenance and repairs  Educational and Conservation awareness efforts and project management  Tourist patrols  Staff training  Public Relations-visitor centre management

If a vacancy is advertised, they would normally firs look for the best suitable candidate within the orginization before employing someone from the external orginizations.

Pros

Free Holidays

Cons

Micro management

productive

Very good work environment. good place to work at and grow. team work is great and senior management is also good. i would work there again in future.

Went from Great to Poor Company

State Owned Institutions in South Africa are supposed to be independent. In 2002, that copany encouraged innovation and now reduced to a govt red tape organization as a result of poor leadership

Pros

Free Holidays

Cons

Poor leadership / CEO

Great place to get work experience

SANParks offers great experience in law enforcement, administration, environmental education and maintenance in both the marine and terrestrial environment. I work with experienced field rangers and environmental monitors. We always work in peace with my colleagues but obviously there are a few differences when it comes to work but it never escalates into a fight. We resolve issues without involving the management. I enjoy doing research in the species of special concern. The hardest I have faced so far is doing fence maintenance on tough terrains (mountainous areas) under extremely hot/cold conditions.

Pros

Broad experience about the Karoo plants

Cons

Very isolated. The nearest town in 110km away

Flexible working environment

I work with Suppliers most of the time, so it sometimes gets to a point where you have to explain the procedures to be followed, but the supplier will just want to do things they way they want as quick as possible.

Funny Workplace and Enjoyable

The job was demanding and straining.It needed ones full attention as one had to work with numbers mostly and it was a quiet a challenging job for Data Capturing and Administration

Pros

Free Get aways for the employee and 9 people

Cons

Lacks employee orientation

Diverse work place and wilderness place

Learning at all time, experiencing new things and egger to learn new things as fast as possible. Know management structure and organisational culture on how things are done, mission and objective of the organisation. General Safety and surrounding. Equity policy and transformation policy, current performance and historical statistics, balance score card and performance management system.

Pros

Cons

Some time work over time or on standby

gained lot of experience in hospitality

working 8hrs working with clients and teamwork work independently study bursary for employees every-time to consult before taking decision work outing

Pros

Free accommodations

Cons

hard 8 hours

Excellent organisation

A typical day at work involves procuring of assets, tendering, HR procuring and booking of flights for committee members, budget monitoring & management.

Pros

self management and time management skills

Challenging and fun workplace

It's undoubtedly a growth allowing work place. I have learned to be calm when working under-pressure. Meeting deadlines in time is now my daily bread.

Pros

A few Rands extra.

Cons

Over time

Salary poor

Good place to work if your interested in conservation of our natural resources.Great training opportunities and career development is excellent. Work long hours.

Pros

free hikes

Cons

very long hours

Good and productive working environment

The working environment was good, everyday was a lesson, full of challenges and everyday learning. I learned a lot about conservation of natural resource and how individuals there are willing to an extra mile to protect and conserve our natural beauty. The management of SANPark is absolutely committed and willing to satisfy the needs of both its employees, communities and the environment. The was not hard or difficult because if a person loves what he/she is doing cannot find difficulty in the working environment. I enjoyed mostly being out in the field, being hands-on with the natural environment of the Kruger National Park.

A very happy and friendly place I wish to see every morning

It is a good work place, productive with supportng body structure. Work collegues are also good they can take caare of one another. I enjoy working a lopt with clients and being at reception. As I have arrived here I learned a lot in how to balance work and your personal life.

Pros

Nature experience

Cons

Working on weekends.

Raw production based on targer

Working on raw production based on a target in a saw mills to make planks to contributed it to make school desk we also dry the wet planks with a kiln

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Conducive environment but low salary

SANParks have Conducive environment, clear policies and procedures. Management has Supported, empowered, give staff exposure. Salaries were very low .

Pros

Encourage to grow

Cons

Staff well being is the priority

Gained a lot of experience especially coming with the financial degree it helped me to gain experience and learn a lot in a business world.

Pros

functions invitations

Cons

leave days not essetial

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African National Parks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance