South African National Parks logo

South African National Parks Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3,6Work-Life Balance
2,9Pay & Benefits

If a vacancy is advertised, they would normally firs look for the best suitable candidate within the orginization before employing someone from the external orginizations.

Pros

Free Holidays

Cons

Micro management

gained lot of experience in hospitality

working 8hrs working with clients and teamwork work independently study bursary for employees every-time to consult before taking decision work outing

Pros

Free accommodations

Cons

hard 8 hours

Salary poor

Good place to work if your interested in conservation of our natural resources.Great training opportunities and career development is excellent. Work long hours.

Pros

free hikes

Cons

very long hours

Raw production based on targer

Working on raw production based on a target in a saw mills to make planks to contributed it to make school desk we also dry the wet planks with a kiln

Pros

Free lunches

Productive work environment

Being employed as a temporary worker for 13 years without benefits, is concerning as temporary employees leave with nothing. I've obtained many skills and have had great responsibilty ensuring all revenue is received, allocated and spent according budget specifications.

Pros

Cons

No room for development and higher education

Productive yet having an number of challanges on a daily basis

Daily quires relating to employee benefits .Our comany ahd two funds pension and provident fund as well as different medical aids that employees can belong to . Being able to managment and ensure that information on database is accurate is of most imporatnce as it has a huge impact of employees benefits. I am lucky to be working with my current team the sure know the meaning of team work and i have learnt in the years that it always pays off as it reduces a lot of audit queries in our sections knowing that we are able to work togethr to meet our monthly ste targets for the divison. The hardest part of the job is when monthly dedcutions do not balance with the recon as that causes a set back and having to double check the work.Being unable to assist an employee to his or her satisafction can be frustrating and as in most cases these employees rely on HR to be able to give the best advice on work related issues even if it is an issue that is not an HR responsiblity. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist employee as well as external clients to my best abililty without fairlure and also meeting my monthly targets .Alos being able to advice employees on issue that may have a positive impact towards bettering the life , career paths as well as make informed decisions on their expenses in general.

Pros

Interact with different cultures on a daily basis

Cons

Not being always able to pleas the clients ( Internal and external clients)

Pructive workplace

On a daily basis i advice employees as wella s line Management on employee benefits, policies and procudres of the organisation.I have acquired knowldge in understand the procures of Human Resources withing the organisation.I am a supervisor to the HR officer which has assisted me to gain experince in managing as it allows me to have experince in advising as well as giving guidence on procedures to eb followed when performing daily duties withing the workplace.We are able to work as a team with my co-workesr allowing positive productivety to take place due to working as a team.The hardest part of the job is doing my best to meet deadline as it has a negetive impact if not done properly.Also try to ensure that employees are given correct and accurate advice of organisational issues at all times.Seeing client happy when they come for advise and assistance and I ma abel to do so within a short space of time and the able to understand all teh processes that go with the help.

Pros

acknolwedgement of work well done as it keeps me motivated.

Cons

complains form both internal and external clients even when not necessary.

Jobs at South African National Parks