South African Police Service

South African Police Service Employee Reviews

Found 1,465 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,503 reviews

The environment is pretty competitive alot of comparison but because I love helping people I tolerate it

The environment I'm working in is ok I learn everyday .I like the fact that it's giving me work experience and I like learning new things daily.I got deployed at a local school and so far it's been fine a few hiccups there and there like being here I meet different people with different personalities it's a new experience each day.I have adapted and since I'm a person who never backs down or gives up without a fight I give it my all regardless it's a learning to opportunity for me.I wake up daily to help out in my community for me it's a very fulfilling moment for it's a good feeling to know your making a difference in being part of the solution not the problem,I take it a day a time hopefully I make the difference I intend to do.

Pros

Helping out my community

Cons

Don't get recognition and people take us for granted

Fun and productive

I have learnt that you must put more efforts when doing your work and you must be willing to learn new things,and they thought us to love our work.

Pros

They always motivate us to never give up on our dreams, they give us hope that one day we will get our permanent jobs, and also hard work pays, we must always sell ourselves by doing our work properly

Cons

Lot of work and not getting any kind of remuneration

Stressful and risky

Dealing with criminals on daily basis, attending life threatening situations. The pain of going to work and knowing that you might not come back to your family. You must have passion for your job and be on alert everytime. It needs dedication. The organization has EHW where members receive counseling

Cons

Is very challenging and interesting

Is challenging when coming to safety but is interesting and giving joy after helping someone.when you heard people commending your hard work it feels so good.

Pros

If attending meetings you get free tea

Cons

Eight hours unless it's special duties

Experiemental

You need to be sober minded. And its was fairly good experience and enhanced my confidence (addressing people and interacting with people from all walks of life)

Pros

Cons

Only on special occassions

A typical day at work was never the same as the day before. I learned how to work with people and problem solving and management was supportive to an extent. The culture was different as I worked with people of colour. The hardest part of the job was relaying messages of a loved one that has passed on. The most enjoyable part. Catching a criminal.

Pros

13th cheque

Cons

Public dissatisfaction.

Promotion oppertunities

worked and promotions were rare .Had qualifications but they looked at demographics of country and not province to promote . Privilage was given to Xhosa speaking because so called disadvantaged group.

Productive and fun place to work at

It is a nice place to work at, the only thing that will keep you growing at SAPS is to keep studying for a at least one qualification. And always look after yourself, most of all don't do corruption.

It is a progressive environment

It's a challenging progressive work environment, I grew my expertise and It challenged me to work hard to serve the community with respect and dignity

Pros

The employer pays half of your medical aid

Productive and fun workplace

Being an intern at the SAPS was a great experience. Everything was structured really well and being of service to the public was a great pleasure. Working for the government allows you to enjoy a lot of benefits like public holidays and being off on weekends as well

Pros

Friendly staff/colleague's

Cons

Workload

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at South African Police Service?

It is a place for luring more skills and to protect the public and to seve

If you do your part the commanders don't have probable you must be on time and leave when it is time to go off duty they are not inhuman. It is the best department to work for.

Pros

working true lunch

Cons

Provision adninistration, personel Officer grade 1 and 2, Mangement and General seport, Administrative Line function & Support Personeel 7

Productive working environment

They always put the needs of the public first and make sure at all times that they serve the community. Ensure the safety of the community. Train every personnel according to their job description.

productive

people will want to certify without original documents. I have learned how the SAPS operates. the management in most cases is not fair to other employees. the culture's very diverse. the hardest part was dealing with the prisoners when you give them food and cosmetics on a daily basis. the most enjoyable part was gaining experience and making family out of the colleagues that I worked with.

Fair

The job is nice and very interesting But no rewardKeep on being faithfulGod will reward youHelp your community to your bestAttend to courses offeredRespect all people and offer good service to them, never mind little salary

Pros

No proper benefits, work to assist your community, and nothing else.

Cons

Long hours of work, expect nothing, but reward from God

Productive rating is poor

Members stay more than ten years to qualify for a promotions.Working in the Saps its a great opportunity but its only management level who are reluctant to motivate members who have passion.

Working for the south african police service

Working for the police service had its up and down times very stressful and hardly had any assistance from management regarding work scheludes or help in getting the work doneWhen coming to crime fighting its bad crime is going up and suspects are never harshly punished for the crime they commitAlso in all the years I worked 20+years I was only promoted onesThere were times when I was on leave I was called to into the station to do work I was never thanked for the work I didHad no lunch times for when there were deadlines and reports to be done I had to work extended hours with no extra pay

Pros

Work hours

Cons

Long and tiring

You have to be formal/professional in order to render services. The culture is very different from other organizations in its combat environment. You get along with the traumatize cases and dedication of your work but lots of debriefing and care of the caregivers.Manage to run projects such as organizing teambuilding and training/workshops for the members.communication skills as presentation and Health awareness are a concern.The hardest is standby which you must be alert at any time of the night or early hours of the morning that you must go and attend the incident but it is only once per month.

Demoralizing workspace

Not good for first time job seekers and educated people particularly for admin work It suits police only and their relatives.I don’t think there’s more to talk about an area that gave you grief other than the best experience a work space could give you

Pros

Better than sitting at home and jobless

Cons

Long unpaid strainous hours

Stressful and no support

The management don't care about your safety and well-being. Always equipment problems and not enough members for backup. Almost all radio equipment are faulty and vehicles always problematic at stations. People outside and criminals don't care about you and the same with management in the police. Promotion are years to come and theirs always no money for police promotions. The statistics are being edited so that the community don't see what is going on.

Pros

Medical aid

Cons

No management support and poor work environment.

Challenges and problem solving skills, unsafe

Open-minded individuals who loves challenges and performance under pressure, from both colleagues and public. Not recommended for first time job applications.

Educational and productive

It was good ,exciting a good platform to take on your career , it has got all the tools even the environment is friendly ,mostly you gain because there were also courses offered to develop yourself.

Pros

Never get bored

Cons

Long hours and no public holiday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Police Service. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• South African Police Service