South African Police Service

South Africa1 502 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Found 1 502 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 540 reviews

Very challenging and stressful

There are insufficient funds and resources.Lack of expertise in many fields.Nepotism is the order of the day.The manpower at the institution is extremely low and does not meet the needs of the communities.

Difficult to work there because of corruption and connections

To work at South Africa police Service firstly was a joy to until I experienced the corruption based how to get a permanent post also I had experienced that its not easy work there

It is good to work from HRM SAPS because i like to learn new things so was doing different kind of jobs and i obey the office rule,working individual and as a team treating my colleague with respect and also them respect me.There is nothing was bad in that Company.

Interesting place to work you get to meet all kinds of characters and handling of different types of behavior and problem and trauma and all

You get a lot of skills being a police officer,you meet different types of people from criminals to crazies ,it's tough you have to be mentally fit and physically fit ,you get the old types of management that mostly are backwards and not updated with understanding the wellness of employees, you get treated like a criminal but if you're strong you come out best, fight crime and do your best and all is well,one mistake you are the worst criminal but it's a nice job if you love helping people.

At some point I do achieve my goals but sometimes no. It depends on the work load. But I try hard to achieve my goals.

I do enjoy my job but there's is no growth at all. I think it is because of the unit structure... You get promoted after 12 years in one post but if you are lucky you get a post before that 12 years.

Pros

Flexible time

Cons

No growth within the unit.

Just an OK environment to be in

Just an OK environment to be in. One has to be thick skinned in order to survive there. Have to be emotionally intelligent to be able to do your work.

It was nice working at saps and I enjoyed working as a police officer. I really need to come back to perform my duties as a police officer to help to fight crime

The work is boring as the management is poor. The is no future in gr

Saps is not recognizing the qualifications so it reduces the self esteem of the members and they don't put effort as they are not recognized through their hard work and dedication.

No management staff to help when you have reports to give in no assistance in some of the police stations

When it comes to any work that has to handed in there is no support to assist you in finishing or completing your tasks. Interns just sit and chat the hole day until it is time to go home. Working for the saps was the wrong move and I still have alot of friends still working in the saps. There is only a few of management that I feel are just not being supported at all on station level. Only meeting are called from the station commander on a regular weekly basis.As far as I am concerned I would never ever go back and work there.

Stressful environment. Non- functional health and wellness services

Environment is toxic and management do not know how to get rid of toxic people. Disparity in work distribution. Some have a lot of work work than others on the same rank . They even get high salary for doing nothing. There is a lot of favoritism and if you are not wanted you get ill treated till you decide to leave. I think it is a way of getting you out.

Strong administrative

I would work for them any time agaiinPolice is for professional with commitment towards a careerYou will need courage to work in the police, challenges are plenty due to work performance & Service delivery. 8

Pros

Medical aid

Stressful and demanding

You life start to disappear,as you miss birthdays,Christmas,holidays and interacting with less and less people outside of work. Your career becomes your life and you have trouble switching between home life and work life.

They need productive and fun its very rare to have it.

I hace have gained a lot of exprience from my career. Abilities and strong communication.aswell as record management. Keeping important documents confidential.

Very supportive environment especially top management

very good environment to learnLots of benefits over and above salaryPlenty incentive to improve qualificationEmployees dont always appreciate and value facilities provided thus leading to degradation of facilities for staff useOngoing professional growth opportunuties provided with transport to venues , meals , subsistence allowance , accomodation if required

Pros

Excellent total salary package

Cons

Corruption

Productive and stressful, not knowing if you will come back home alive

Always being on the lookout not only for your self but always for your colleagues,to many redtape ,unable to perform your duties effectively, insensitive not challenging

Fun & productive

Saps work is amazing.. To serve nd protect the helpless is something everyone to strive for... To be of service to the community.. Working Conditions are strenuous but you have to have a knack for doing this job.. Be sure this is what you want to do before applying

Disciplined employees

Staff development and skills transfer is on top of their to do list. Staff is disciplined. They are always dressed formally as stipulated in the dress code. All staff sign a code of conduct on appointment. All staff attend ethics course.

Pros

Team building

Cons

The police force, is a good place to work

One has a opportunity to serve your people, protect them and their property, also bringing perpetrators before the court. You ensure justice talr place.

Pros

No free lunches, one have to provide your own lunch

Cons

One is paid for overtimes

No pressure if doing your job well

Nice chilled work place. It's feels like retirement work. Stuff treats every one equally no one pulls racesm card. Student are allowed to break as they are treated as learners. You should use ur free time helping other mentos to gain more experience as others

Pros

Buy you own food

Cons

It's 7am to 5pm

Productive and dangerous

Working here for me is exciting, i really enjoy serving citizens of South Africa. It's difficult sometimes but i keep on going in that difficulties. There people who don't appreciate our assistance but i take it easy and continue serving.

Helpful services to community

With out saps crime will be high.police are balancing our country.in Saps we have many units that are helpful to our community.But members themselves they don't like each others reason is if you are an hard worker they don't like

Pros

No lunch

Cons

Normal working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Police Service. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 540 reviews