South African Police Service
3,7 out of 5 stars.
View all South African Police Service reviews

South African Police Service

South African Police Service Employee Review

A very unique, challenging,the busiest and the biggest Police station in FS

For me as a commander a typical day at work was always the same.In that it was very busy on a daily basis. I learned a lot of things, to be able to control my temper,to comply and complain later, gain more skiil on self and other people management, problem solving skill improved, improved decision making, improved on communication skill, discipline and self discipline and learned to have a thick skin. The Police management is one of the best in the public service. In the Police,time management, discipline,service delivery and performance are the culture. The hardest part of my job was that as Detective Commander I had very little time for myself or for my family. I enjoyed competing with other big detective branches in terms of the performance.

3,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
5,0 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
5,0 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
5,0 out of 5 stars for Management
4,0 out of 5 stars for Culture

Same role

Productive and rewarding

Very good and offer of job security . discipline is applied and required.Disciplinary regulations are clear and are applied Fairly.The are opportunities for growth and for reward when working overtime.The are institutional courses offered so one can excell in the specific job environment be it administration, detective or vispol. Reasonable working hours.
Same role

Is very challenging and interesting

Is challenging when coming to safety but is interesting and giving joy after helping someone.when you heard people commending your hard work it feels so good.

Pros

If attending meetings you get free tea

Cons

Eight hours unless it's special duties
Same location

Very challenging and stressful

There are insufficient funds and resources.Lack of expertise in many fields.Nepotism is the order of the day.The manpower at the institution is extremely low and does not meet the needs of the communities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Police Service. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 548 reviews