South African Police Service

South African Police Service Employee Reviews

Found 1,458 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,496 reviews

productive

people will want to certify without original documents. I have learned how the SAPS operates. the management in most cases is not fair to other employees. the culture's very diverse. the hardest part was dealing with the prisoners when you give them food and cosmetics on a daily basis. the most enjoyable part was gaining experience and making family out of the colleagues that I worked with.

Productive and fun place to work at

It is a nice place to work at, the only thing that will keep you growing at SAPS is to keep studying for a at least one qualification. And always look after yourself, most of all don't do corruption.

It is a progressive environment

It's a challenging progressive work environment, I grew my expertise and It challenged me to work hard to serve the community with respect and dignity

Pros

The employer pays half of your medical aid

Productive and fun workplace

Being an intern at the SAPS was a great experience. Everything was structured really well and being of service to the public was a great pleasure. Working for the government allows you to enjoy a lot of benefits like public holidays and being off on weekends as well

Pros

Friendly staff/colleague's

Cons

Workload

It is a place for luring more skills and to protect the public and to seve

If you do your part the commanders don't have probable you must be on time and leave when it is time to go off duty they are not inhuman. It is the best department to work for.

Pros

working true lunch

Cons

Provision adninistration, personel Officer grade 1 and 2, Mangement and General seport, Administrative Line function & Support Personeel 7

Productive working environment

They always put the needs of the public first and make sure at all times that they serve the community. Ensure the safety of the community. Train every personnel according to their job description.

Fair

The job is nice and very interesting But no rewardKeep on being faithfulGod will reward youHelp your community to your bestAttend to courses offeredRespect all people and offer good service to them, never mind little salary

Pros

No proper benefits, work to assist your community, and nothing else.

Cons

Long hours of work, expect nothing, but reward from God

Productive rating is poor

Members stay more than ten years to qualify for a promotions.Working in the Saps its a great opportunity but its only management level who are reluctant to motivate members who have passion.

Working for the south african police service

Working for the police service had its up and down times very stressful and hardly had any assistance from management regarding work scheludes or help in getting the work doneWhen coming to crime fighting its bad crime is going up and suspects are never harshly punished for the crime they commitAlso in all the years I worked 20+years I was only promoted onesThere were times when I was on leave I was called to into the station to do work I was never thanked for the work I didHad no lunch times for when there were deadlines and reports to be done I had to work extended hours with no extra pay

Pros

Work hours

Cons

Long and tiring

You have to be formal/professional in order to render services. The culture is very different from other organizations in its combat environment. You get along with the traumatize cases and dedication of your work but lots of debriefing and care of the caregivers.Manage to run projects such as organizing teambuilding and training/workshops for the members.communication skills as presentation and Health awareness are a concern.The hardest is standby which you must be alert at any time of the night or early hours of the morning that you must go and attend the incident but it is only once per month.

Demoralizing workspace

Not good for first time job seekers and educated people particularly for admin work It suits police only and their relatives.I don’t think there’s more to talk about an area that gave you grief other than the best experience a work space could give you

Pros

Better than sitting at home and jobless

Cons

Long unpaid strainous hours

Stressful and no support

The management don't care about your safety and well-being. Always equipment problems and not enough members for backup. Almost all radio equipment are faulty and vehicles always problematic at stations. People outside and criminals don't care about you and the same with management in the police. Promotion are years to come and theirs always no money for police promotions. The statistics are being edited so that the community don't see what is going on.

Pros

Medical aid

Cons

No management support and poor work environment.

Challenges and problem solving skills, unsafe

Open-minded individuals who loves challenges and performance under pressure, from both colleagues and public. Not recommended for first time job applications.

Educational and productive

It was good ,exciting a good platform to take on your career , it has got all the tools even the environment is friendly ,mostly you gain because there were also courses offered to develop yourself.

Pros

Never get bored

Cons

Long hours and no public holiday

Learning and overworked

There is a lots of work and different cases evrytime. You work under very difficult conditions with very limited resources. Hardly appreciated by the management and the public but must always do your best.

Very pleasant environment minus the politics but overall one of the best places to work when you have a good relationship with the staff members.

It can be demanding , Tasks gets assigned to you last minute , You need to be able to be comfortable and working alongside Cops and High ranking officers if need be.Attitude is everything and Discipline . If you short of temper then find space or room to breath. Overall its What you make of it.

Fun work place

Gained more experience , meet high profile people, fun to be a police officer, attend courses, working with community, attending complaints, roadblocks

Pros

No lunch

Still waiting on feedback from re enlistment,very dangerous job because off increase in police killings but lovely work when I serve and protect.come to work while community is asleep and sometimes leaves when they are going to sleep again, especially when it on standby, community always comes first and try ur best to solve a problem,ur happy when client is happy, my superior is always there for me even if I must call him up at home,it is nice to work with colleagues and the best part is when tracing off suspects.

Pros

Help communities

Cons

Long hours but pays at.the end off the day when u arrest ur suspect.

Productive and Fun

South African Police Service is Organisation is one of the Government Organization that you can form part of. Working at Soutg African Police Service gives you a greate experience and as an individual you learn a lot on this Organisation. They have different components that you can explore like HR Office, TMS, SCM and many more.

Cons

Ive been working innthe SAPS from 2011, the working environment and culture is very welcoming and easier to learn the work. It is work where almost everything is regulated by National Instructions and Standing Orders. This makes work easy as you can always refer if there is any uncertainty about anything. Uniformity and discipline are regularly emphasised

The company was productive

I have gained more experience by working at Saps. My purpose was to gain experimental learning. My mentors taught me very well and after I have completed my internship I knew what was required of me

Pros

We use to bring our own lunch and buy our own sugar and teabags

Cons

We use to work 8hours a day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Police Service. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• South African Police Service