South African Police Service

South Africa32 reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & Benefits

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,510 reviews

Lack of resources influences turnaround time to complete a task and or project.

I have only been working for SAPS 3 years and 10 months. I am therefore still in experienced compare majority of the support staff working there. Most of the them have been working for SAPS for more than 10 years and most are still on a level 5 salary.Growth in SAPS is slow unless you fit the "profile"There is no consequence management. Complacent managers are inconsistent. Recognition is completely absent. Absentee expectations are unattainable due to poor management.Comply now and complain later. Working hours are great.

Pros

Working hours. Relaxed environment

Cons

Poor management

Incredible place to work at but takes forever to be recognised

In the beginning it was interesting but as time went by it was tough because there was no growth it took forever for people to be promoted. For civilians it's tough because first preference is given to the police officials. For those civilians doing administration duties it's rough and there's two departments in one organisation. Police for police officers and public services for civilian employees.

Pros

Work security and benefits

Cons

No growth

Fair

Not much pressure at work. Secure job security but no growth. Salary ok but not enough for living costs. Management needs a lot of change in the SA Police

I liked working here and enjoy it but one must grow up

From what I saw there are no bigger chances of growing in to what I see myself to become in the next coming 5 years

Pros

Nothing I received for free except the stationeries Im using here at work

Cons

Never worked long hours before maybe because Im justy an intern

it is pleassure to me to wrk in such wonderful company. from the 1st day i arrived here i was warmly welcome by the member of the police service.

i have learned a lot at SAPS i praise the organisation for this experience that i gain and thank my managers who tought me to do the job up to so far. SAPS is like a home to me its not just a working area only. i think it is also important for me to move on to keep on spreading the information and the knowledge that i have learned from this organistion. by seeking imployment in other organisation in order to learn different things from current organiisation. i believethat that will make me a better person to any organisation that i can get the job in.

Hard work and challenging

there were many work need to be done in the Office. i was at an entry salary level

Pros

sport days on wednesday to freshens up our minds

Cons

auditing of leave files

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at South African Police Service?